• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Icon Discovery

Croco

Smash Lord
I found another made up World Icon list on gamefaqs

Row 1- Balloon Fight (Should show 2 balloons instead of one.)
Row 2- Pikmin (I never would of thought this was a symbol for Pikmin. I really don't get 'Pikmin' out from this.)
Row 3- These are all ok..
Row 4- These are all awesome
Row 5- Awesome
Row 6- Resident Evil (Unless this is for Chris or Jill.. then no. I would of used Umbrella's Corporation logo.)
Row 7- Earthworm Jim (Hard to make out.. would of been better if it was Earthworm's blaster)
Row 8- Awesome
Row 9- Awesome
Row 10- Awesome
Row 11- Awesome
Row 12- Awesome
Row 13- Glover (The ball alone would of been enough)
Row 14- Wave Race (The jet ski alone would of been better), Bonk (Head should face the other direction..)
Row 15-Eternal Darkness(Not bad.. I would of put the rock in the backround in the foreground instead.)

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Unless third parties are separated out, it looks like there's no chance of a Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger character (Fainaru Fantaji and Kurono Toriga would both have to go between Dobutso no Mori and Made in Wario). Sadness.
So what? We know, absolutely for sure, that they are not sorted by Japanese series name - for example, Star Fox, Legend of Zelda, and F-Zero don't fit that. Nor is it by character, as Metroid and Super Mario show.

Even if it really is sorted using English alphabetization of Japanese names, with the name being arbitrarily chosen from the character or series, Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger characters could simply be ones chosen to be alphabetized based on a character's name.

M.K

Level 55
As I've heard before, who says 18 is the lucky number? It could go up to 65 for all we know! Just because it is the highest number set out already doesn't mean it's the highest

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
As I've heard before, who says 18 is the lucky number? It could go up to 65 for all we know! Just because it is the highest number set out already doesn't mean it's the highest
Did you read my previous theories?

If the theory we have here is correct we are guaranteed more than 18 series. Remember Sakurai said we are getting at least one or two more third party characters.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
It's only a 20 page topic (was 17 or so when I first started posting), I mean if your on a forum board why not read some post?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Punch-Out!!, StarTropics and Joy Mech Fight icons give me warm and fuzzy feelings inside. All I can do, though, is cross my fingers and hope for the best. =)

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
*twitches with happiness* TALES OF SYMPHONIAAAAAAAAAAAA! Seriously, there could be a ToS icon...I'm a big fan of it..I wanna see Lloyd and Kratos completely destroying Master Hand...if Tales of Symphonia stuff is in the game, I'm going to DIE from happiness.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I put that same idea in another thread...

If you want to extend it further, they're alphabetical by their Japanese names with a small amount of fiddling.

1. Daironto Smash Brothers
2. Donki Kong
3. Fokkusu
4. Kaabi
5.and so on

...and this pattern would put "Mother" perfectly at #7.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I put that same idea in another thread...

If you want to extend it further, they're alphabetical by their Japanese names with a small amount of fiddling.

1. Daironto Smash Brothers
2. Donki Kong
3. Fokkusu
4. Kaabi
5.and so on

...and this pattern would put "Mother" perfectly at #7.
>_> This has already been stated several times in this thread.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
>_> This has already been stated several times in this thread.
I guess hes like me...

Too lazy to read through a thread with pages over 3 haha.. I don't even know whats happening with this topic so I have nothing to contribute... Except

Good logic and keep the good work up!

HeroOfTime64

Smash Cadet
I'm not quite sure everyone understands what the logos mean. Eighteen LOGOS means Eighteen different video games. Not characters.

There could be more than just one character per videogame series. There can be two characters for one company.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I'm not quite sure everyone understands what the logos mean. Eighteen LOGOS means Eighteen different video games. Not characters.

There could be more than just one character per videogame series. There can be two characters for one company.
Your saying "Could" but there are already a few like that.

(These might be wrong)
Mario = 5
Star Fox = 2
Kirby = 2
Zelda = 4 (In Melee)
Etc.

I do support this idea and it can make some sense, but no real confirmations with it.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord

This theory has also been said in this topic...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Did you read my previous theories?

If the theory we have here is correct we are guaranteed more than 18 series. Remember Sakurai said we are getting at least one or two more third party characters.
i have to point out, sakurai didn't garuntee any third party characters, he said if we are getting any, 1-2 more is a likely figure.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm kind of surprised that Sakurai hasn't made any mention of Ness yet--or Lucas, even. If he wants to help us out confirmation-wise, he'll confirm Ness this week. CF and Peach are the more likely vet announcements, though...maybe Yoshi? If we get a newcomer, on the other hand, I might expect Metaknight (which would prove nothing) or an AC character (which would verify that the icons are, in fact, related to which franchises are represented by playable characters).

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm sure these have been said before, but I think we can make some easy predictions based off of the remaining spots for 1-18.

SSB64 had 10 franchises, all are represented from 2-11 except for Earthbound, which fits nicely at #7. SSBM had three new franchises: ICs, G&W, and FE. There are exactly three empty spots before the first new icon for Brawl, which is AC at #15. So, I think 12-14 are ICs, G&W, and FE in no predicted order.

I definitely don't think there will be 18 total. I think there Pikmin or something will go at #17, and there could possibly be a could be more Nintendo franchises after Pit's, and then of course all 3rd parties go there, but there's gotta be at least 21-24 franchises, I'd say.

So, I predict that #2, 12, 13, 14, 17 are Earthbound, ICs, G&W, FE, and a Nintendo 1st party (possibly Pikmin). I'm sure most of you will find that reasonable.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I'm sure these have been said before, but I think we can make some easy predictions based off of the remaining spots for 1-18.

SSB64 had 10 franchises, all are represented from 2-11 except for Earthbound, which fits nicely at #7. SSBM had three new franchises: ICs, G&W, and FE. There are exactly three empty spots before the first new icon for Brawl, which is AC at #15. So, I think 12-14 are ICs, G&W, and FE in no predicted order.

I definitely don't think there will be 18 total. I think there Pikmin or something will go at #17, and there could possibly be a could be more Nintendo franchises after Pit's, and then of course all 3rd parties go there, but there's gotta be at least 21-24 franchises, I'd say.

So, I predict that #2, 12, 13, 14, 17 are Earthbound, ICs, G&W, FE, and a Nintendo 1st party (possibly Pikmin). I'm sure most of you will find that reasonable.

I agree with you on pretty much everything. 17 though could be Metal Gear (if they mix third party in with Brawls group) or could be a completely new series (As you suggested Pikmin)

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?
First off, YOU'RE wrong. It's not "Eighteen video games." It's eighteen series. If it was the former, Mario and Delfino Plaza would get different icons because they're from different games.
Second, everyone knows that. It's unspoken because there's NO REASON to bring it up. It's a FUNDAMENTAL PROPERTY of the logos. I could say these won't aren't really the symbols because they'll be bigger in-game, but everyone would call me an idiot. Just like with you.

EVERYONE KNOWS THERE WILL BE MORE THAN 18 SERIES. DO NOT BRING THAT UP TO TRY TO SOUND SMART, OR YOU WILL BE FLAMED. THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO'VE MENTIONED THAT ARE THE ENDLESS PEOPLE TELLING US TO "STOP THINKING THAT."

7 wasnt earthbound/mother series. it was an unfound page
OH GOD! NO EARTHBOUND! Not only that, but apparently when you pick a certain character, THE GAME WILL CRASH!

Sorry for the rants, but I can't stand ignorant show-offs.

As for those symbols:
However did the Pikmin one is an idiot. Pikmin have FIVE petals, not six.
I know next to nothing about Stafy, but I'm sure there could be a better choice for the symbol than the actual character.
I had no idea what the Viewtiful Joe one was. The only possibility I could think of was Gundam. Somehow, my brother (who knows nothing about anything) recognized it instantly.
Final Fantasy would clearly be a chocobo.
I can't make the Baten Kaitos one at all. I realize now it's supposed to be wings, but it doesn't look like them. It looks more like a broken heart. Plus, it would be a magus, seeing as that's what everything in the game was.
Out of all the possibilities for Banjo-Kazooie (jiggy, note, honeycomb, backpack, etc.) he goes with a stupid and doesn't even make sense one.
I can barely see Earthworm Jim, and only now after I know what to look for.
What is the Soul Calibur one?

Also, I have two Bomberman ones I made for to bump the Bomberman thread. Go there to find the context, and post to show support because he needs to be in.

Croco

Smash Lord
As for those symbols:
However did the Pikmin one is an idiot. Pikmin have FIVE petals, not six.
I know next to nothing about Stafy, but I'm sure there could be a better choice for the symbol than the actual character.
I had no idea what the Viewtiful Joe one was. The only possibility I could think of was Gundam. Somehow, my brother (who knows nothing about anything) recognized it instantly.
Final Fantasy would clearly be a chocobo.
I can't make the Baten Kaitos one at all. I realize now it's supposed to be wings, but it doesn't look like them. It looks more like a broken heart. Plus, it would be a magus, seeing as that's what everything in the game was.
Out of all the possibilities for Banjo-Kazooie (jiggy, note, honeycomb, backpack, etc.) he goes with a stupid and doesn't even make sense one.
I can barely see Earthworm Jim, and only now after I know what to look for.
What is the Soul Calibur one?

Also, I have two Bomberman ones I made for to bump the Bomberman thread. Go there to find the context, and post to show support because he needs to be in.

I agree with you.. and the Bomberman one you made is really good.
The Pikmin symbol I made was just a pikmin with a single leaf in the ground..
The Staffy one I made was a coral symbol.

One the ones I didn't like whoever made the ones you were looking over is the Resident Evil one. I felt it should of been the umbrella logo.. Umbrella is Resident Evil and not just the STARS team.

M.K

Level 55
ok, I know there were more, there's no reason to go all jumbo text on me! I just wanted to see what you guys would say! I've seen people say that before, but I've never seen the answer.

Wow, jeez, lighten up. This may be a big discovery, but it's not THAT mind-blowing

Top Bottom