• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Icon Discovery

Boofer

Smash Ace
I expect 19 to be Golden Sun. Don't ask me why, I just do. If Isaac's in, I'll be fine with any other character.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't Pikmin possibly go under as 'Uta no Pikmin'? It's a long shot, but whatever. It doesn't even matter that much at this point.

Here's hoping that Icon 19 is 'Rokkuman', even with that interview with his creator working against his chances.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
If they were alphabetical they'd be by Japanese name, so it would be "BioHazard" and not "Resident Evil."

Besides: it's almost guaranteed they are NOT alphabetical and 100% in order of "game." The original Smash 12 are the first batch, Melee's new franchises are next, then Brawl's new franchises soon after. There's no secret about it--they're all in GAME order :laugh:
I never said it HAD to be in japanese. i just said any franchise can take up the 19th slot now that the theory is now disproven.

and if i had the say, Resident Evil would be that franchise

Boofer

Smash Ace
I don't understand why people want Leon in the game...not only do I dislike super realistic characters in smash, but I don't know what moves he would have...Sakurai doesn't put realistic guns in smash.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't understand why people want Leon in the game...not only do I dislike super realistic characters in smash, but I don't know what moves he would have...Sakurai doesn't put realistic guns in smash.
It doesn't matter because Leon isn't goin to be in the game

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I personally think the DS logo is only representing the Pictochat stages. I see no reason why stages wouldn't be important enough to deserve their own icons.

And I'm very glad to see Pikman is #22, it gives me hope for even more series being represented. As long as Megaman is in there somewhere, I'll be ecstatic :D

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
I personally think the DS logo is only representing the Pictochat stages. I see no reason why stages wouldn't be important enough to deserve their own icons.

And I'm very glad to see Pikman is #22, it gives me hope for even more series being represented. As long as Megaman is in there somewhere, I'll be ecstatic :D
Yeah, but you know it's just an assumption. Besides it's almost like saying C. Falcon won't come back because Samurai Goroh was important enough to get his own icon as a AT (not that he's not important or anything). It would be kind of weird to see some sort of DS Character thing. What would it be though?

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
No, saying that only characters merit icons is an assumption. I'm not saying that stages will absolutely merit icons without characters, I'm just saying, based on how things look as of now, that it is a definite possibility. Stages have their own selection screen, and their icon could very easily be incoorporated into it...in fact, they already have been, in the demos. So there is no reason to say a stage would have no use of an icon. And honestly, I can't see any character being forced to use the DS icon. Even if they're from DS games, there's no reason why they shouldn't have a symbol specific to their own game. The DS symbol only made perfect sense for the Pictochat stage because Pictochat is a part of the DS itself, it comes programmed into it. I mean, unless they introduce the stylus as a playable character from Pictochat, I don't see any other characters using that symbol. And furthermore, I really don't think that Animal Crossing will get a playable character rep. Then again, that's much more debatable, and this probably isn't the place to get into that.

And the Samurai Goroh thing is just stupid. I highly doubt that they go around judging ATs on an individual basis to decide whether or not they deserve an icon even if their series has no playable character or stage. That's a completely nonsensical argument, and it's completely unrelated.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I pretty sure this has been asked before:

Does anybody think there will be a character that represents the DS Logo? I'm just too lazy to look it up around these pages...
Personally, no. The same goes for the Animal Crossing franchise, but you can't be 100% sure with that.

If you've seen the stage select screen, each stage has a logo next to it. While it's fine for Battlefield to have the Smash logo - because it originates in the Smash Bros. games - it wouldn't make sense for an Animal Crossing or DS themed stage to have the Smash logo, because they don't originate in that particular universe.

Therefore, the solution is to create an icon for those universes the stages come from.

If there was a Stafy themed stage, i'm sure the Stafy AT would have its own icon, and the same goes for anything.

I mean, you could even go as far as saying there's guaranteed to be an F-Zero stage, but Falcon's involvement is uncertain (although the general concensus is that he's a shoe-in.)

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Haha, ok, if you don't want to read my big, ugly block of text, just read Limey's post, 'cause he basically said the same thing I did, just much more clearly :p

Baconater

Smash Cadet
WANT NOW NOW NOW. It's an ok find, but you can't be sure of which characters are gonna be in, but i can't wait, but i must have it, but BRAWL BRAWL, BRAWL

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Don't we all?

If Megaman isn't the reason for this delay (which is REALLY unfair. One week for Japan; one MONTH for us!?) then I'm going to beat up Sakurai.
Megaman isn't the reason, the game has already "gone gold", the delay is because of a lack of hardware (Wii Discs)

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
I think the only possible DS Character could be either a fighting stylus (WTF for sure) or something like Dr. Lobe/Kawashima. Which are terrible ideas. I would ave said that the PC Stage could have used the Smash Icon, or a generic "Nintendo" one, which would

AC I think will get a character. But, the only reason people say this is because there is a stage and items and music for him, but DS has a stage, and there is Music matching it too, I think a Stylud would be a cool staff-item, or as a kickass wall-drawing one XD, but yeah. No real information here, except G&M is probably 13.

SomeRandomGuy

Smash Journeyman
Don't we all?

If Megaman isn't the reason for this delay (which is REALLY unfair. One week for Japan; one MONTH for us!?) then I'm going to beat up Sakurai.
I hate megaman. I think they delay is for advertising, localizing, shipping, and major manufacturing crap. Also why would you want a DS fighter character guy? AC is supposedly getting a guy but i doubt it. For now.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
No, saying that only characters merit icons is an assumption. I'm not saying that stages will absolutely merit icons without characters, I'm just saying, based on how things look as of now, that it is a definite possibility. Stages have their own selection screen, and their icon could very easily be incoorporated into it...in fact, they already have been, in the demos. So there is no reason to say a stage would have no use of an icon. And honestly, I can't see any character being forced to use the DS icon. Even if they're from DS games, there's no reason why they shouldn't have a symbol specific to their own game. The DS symbol only made perfect sense for the Pictochat stage because Pictochat is a part of the DS itself, it comes programmed into it. I mean, unless they introduce the stylus as a playable character from Pictochat, I don't see any other characters using that symbol. And furthermore, I really don't think that Animal Crossing will get a playable character rep. Then again, that's much more debatable, and this probably isn't the place to get into that.

And the Samurai Goroh thing is just stupid. I highly doubt that they go around judging ATs on an individual basis to decide whether or not they deserve an icon even if their series has no playable character or stage. That's a completely nonsensical argument, and it's completely unrelated.
Well yeah, I kind of already knew all that, but my assumption was that if there were to be a DS Character (because I support an AC Character). If either of them don't get characters though, it wouldn't really kill me.
It's just that I think the characters are much more important than Stages, because that was the main reason Smash was made anyway. The Stages (my guess) were there to support the characters. A supporting role doesn't necessarily mean it should have the same importance/representation. But this is just my guess on it.
Samurai Goroh was brought up as an example for his icon. I don't really see how it was unrelated because I brought up his icon. Hence why I said "kind of like saying".
Personally, no. The same goes for the Animal Crossing franchise, but you can't be 100% sure with that.

If you've seen the stage select screen, each stage has a logo next to it. While it's fine for Battlefield to have the Smash logo - because it originates in the Smash Bros. games - it wouldn't make sense for an Animal Crossing or DS themed stage to have the Smash logo, because they don't originate in that particular universe.

Therefore, the solution is to create an icon for those universes the stages come from.

If there was a Stafy themed stage, i'm sure the Stafy AT would have its own icon, and the same goes for anything.

I mean, you could even go as far as saying there's guaranteed to be an F-Zero stage, but Falcon's involvement is uncertain (although the general concensus is that he's a shoe-in.)
Yup again, would just like to bring the idea of a DS character (which I already knew was unlikely). I already had knowledge of AT doesn't equal the same kind of representation as a Stage through my own speculation.

Basically I was just saying "Dude, what if there was a DS Character just coz of the icon lawlz"
and that I didn't really need any "lecture" that Stages can have an icon just as much as a character can.

Edit: Megaman kicks huge arse. Big butts like Sir Mix-alot arse hahaha
Oh and hey Dyce!

Serph

Smash Journeyman
I don't want Mega Man in. I've never played any of his games, but it seems as though they release five Mega Man games a week, and all the reviews I read give mediocre scores. It's just one of those things I get sick of seeing every time I flip through a magazine. But above all else, I just hate his design.

I'd much rather have a Final Fantasy character. Perhaps one of the series mascots like a Black Mage or Cactuar.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I don't want Mega Man in. I've never played any of his games, but it seems as though they release five Mega Man games a week, and all the reviews I read give mediocre scores. It's just one of those things I get sick of seeing every time I flip through a magazine. But above all else, I just hate his design.

I'd much rather have a Final Fantasy character. Perhaps one of the series mascots like a Black Mage or Cactuar.
You haven't played any of the games that made the NES what it was, though. So of course, when you hear of the "milked" games, it's gonna seem bad.

And what's not to like about... what... right, you haven't played the old Megamans. I hate the new Megaman look, also.

Top Bottom