• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Icon Discovery

Boofer

Smash Ace
Haha I can't wait for the update that has a new icon # 58.

That'll throw us for a loop 0_o
Honestly it won't really matter. By the time we get a new icon, we'll probably already know the entire roster, and we're probably not getting anymore than 2 additional icons (not including G&W nor #19).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
i just NOTCIED it isn't really alphabetical as much as veterans (1-14)then newcomers(15-21) in a semi-alphabetical way...

also yea they can always add more icon's for 22,23 ect...

oh and the dojo may NEVER show all the characters in brawl, probably just the ones they want us to know befor the game comes out. i'm sure sakurai just won't post many of the secret characters on the official website, ever. that way they're a secret until you get the game.

yea other non-official websites will tell us every character as soon as it's known but the dojo being the official site for the game will keep most of the games secrets a secret.
Actually Sakurai will surely show all of the characters eventually. He did it for Melee.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
i hacked into sakurai's computer he uses to post the images, and i found some shocking facts.

It appears that the legendary clash of two other rivals will be determined besides sonic and mario because in brawl, Big bird and Barney are the remaining two series that will appear. :)

anyways i think that the two remaing series could possibly be pikmin, a capcom rep (Not megaman) or probably game and watch.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Parutena no Kagami is actually preceded by Myth of Light, as that's the full name of Kid Icarus in Japan. Myth of Light: Parutena no Kagami.

Also, if that's the case, the gap is HUGE for the 19 slot. It could be anything.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
as assist trophies! pikmin doesn't seem serious enough to fight in brawl. no i hope 19 is golden sun. come on isaac!
I think they both should be playable... Both Isaac and Captain Olimar. Of course I'd take Isaac over Captain Olimar, but they both deserve to and should be playable.

and there's a possibility, too. There's more than likely more than 21 icons.

D

Deleted member

I think they both should be playable... Both Isaac and Captain Olimar. Of course I'd take Isaac over Captain Olimar, but they both deserve to and should be playable.

and there's a possibility, too. There's more than likely more than 21 icons.
And I would take M-09 over Isaac and Olimar combined

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
^Plus those trophies are of minor enemies. They're including a lot of info., IMO, for a franchise that that would just be an AT.

:034:

Smash Hero
If Pit's symbol stands for 'Myth of Light: Parutena no Kagami' as said, Golden Sun (Ōgon no Taiyō Hirakareshi Fūin) could easily fit in there. If it's 'Parutena no Kagami', it's most likely Pikmin. I'm hoping for the first one, to be honest.

X-DS

Smash Cadet
I definitely see a correlation between the Smash game the series debuted in and the number order, but not so much the Japanese names. At first glance it looks that way, but in the list in the OP, series' names are mixed up in with individual character's names to try to force the alphabetical thing. If you use just straight series or straight characters, it's not even remotely alphabetical. (And even with the series and characters mixed up, it's not how the Japanese usually "alphabetize" things anyway.) :urg:

EDIT: It seems this was already discussed, sorry! That's what I get for not reading all 85 pages. :dizzy:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Wow. Just WOW! Talk about a bombshell update to poke a big fat hole through one of the most talked-about theories of Brawl. Pikmin...who'da thunk that those little guys would be the ones to ruin the theory?! :grin:

MRun

Smash Cadet
Wow. Just WOW! Talk about a bombshell update to poke a big fat hole through one of the most talked-about theories of Brawl. Pikmin...who'da thunk that those little guys would be the ones to ruin the theory?! :grin:
It's not that Pikmin ruined the entire World Icon theory; it just dispelled the assumption that the DS icon was the cap. We're still getting at least two more franchises with multiple elements in Brawl because two are still missing. This just showed us that there's no ceiling and that more than two franchises are still possible.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Lolz.

Sakurai said today: "Hey! You know what would be funny? Totally f**king the icon theory right in the bum! I'll just make Pikmin #22... yep... there we go. Nice." :bigthumbu

Can't say I'm disappointed. I'm loving Olimar. And I'm still going to follow the icons (just to see where they go.)

EDIT:
@WarxePB:
Nothing. I guarantee you MrG&W is still safe.
Also, this is good news for Golden Sun's Isaac and {gasp!} dare I say MEGAMAN!?

Oh, I do dare.

I still feel that the portion BEFORE the 'DS' logo is psuedo-alphabetized, so I'm thinking we can sort of predict who will go there.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I expected another tweak by you to make it work.

Well, we can still follow the good old fashioned 64-Melee-Brawl approach. And it's nice that we got a new franchise while still knowing theres more to come. :bigthumbu

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Me. A) I knew the icon theory was bogus. B) I knew Pikmin would be in. Thus...I figured they'd be the one to mess it all up...

Card

Smash Lord
Forget the whole Alphabetical Order ordeal... Already as it was it was REALLY bending the issue in its favor in order to make everything mesh well together. Now that Pikmin has been confirmed 22, there is no way to bend it any further.

Just go with the simplest theory;

1 - 11 = Smash 64
12-14 = Smash Melee
15+ = Smash Brawl

Nothing wrong with that.

Zek

Smash Ace
So dies the icon theory. And our old favorite #19 remains shrouded in mystery. It could be anything now. No one is disconfirmed. Total anarchy.

Just so there's no confusion, the icon ordering still confirms Mr. Game & Watch. Good ol' Olimar just dealt the deathblow to the alphabetical theory.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Okay, I'm stumped... I have no idea wtf 19 is. I'm gonna say Duck Hunt or Wave Race.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Wave Race?!

I can't think of anything for Wave Race.

What about, Balloon Fighter or Golden Sun..? Or maybe even Duck Hunt like you said.

There's another one that I'm missing, and it's annoying me that I can't remember it. :dizzy:

Top Bottom