• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Icon Discovery

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Good thing Nintendo has Isaac's license. BTW how many icons are unknowns? Only #19?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
A Wave Race character would be awesome. He could fight you with a squirt gun and throw buoys at you.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I do not want any Wave Race representation other than a trophy. Same goes for 1080* Snowboarding.

They were fun games back in the heydeys of N64, but their ship has sailed, and their characters are too... human. They're too bland and ordinary for this type of game, methinx.

Duck Hunt ducks and dog would be a sweet AT, though. I don't know how in the hell it would work, but I'd like to see it.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Congrats with your theory. Its further supported by insignia #22, the flower crest, or the Pikmin franchise.

In my opinion, Mr. Game & Watch's insignia is #13. It makes sense. All of the franchises from Melee except that one have been mentioned and its been skipped by all the new series introduced in Brawl.

The only insignia we have to question is #19. At this point, I'm still speculating.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
But wait guys, it all still fits! Starting from Icon #21, it starts going backwards alphabetically! It makes complete sense! Pit...Sonic...Pikmin....P...then S....then P again! It's still alphabetical, it's just going in reverse~

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait a minute...

If Pikmin is 22...

What the hell is 19???

MEGAMAN!!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Forgive me for what might seem blasphemous, but I would actually prefer if #19 were for Joy Mech Fight or Nazo no Murasamejou. :bigthumbu

Don't get me wrong--I absolutely LOVE the Blue Bomber! I just have my own personal preferences, that's all.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
lets not forget: 19 may not be the last one. it could go to even more, 23 and beyond. and if it doesnt, lets not rule out 19 being Paper Mario, Chibi-Robo, or in a perfect world, Viewtiful Joe!

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Let's hope for Rockman and Custom Robo, and no VJ he's not even important.
VJ<Rockman

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I don't care what 19 is. Olimar making it in has made this entire game for me.

However, it's really exciting that there's still a new franchise yet to be unveiled. Well, two, but we all know one of them is G&W.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
Viewtifull joe is the most viewtifull hero out there, he is so cool, he rocks, he is awesome, he would fit PERFECTLY in Brawl, he better be that missin spot@

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
I don't care what 19 is. Olimar making it in has made this entire game for me.

However, it's really exciting that there's still a new franchise yet to be unveiled. Well, two, but we all know one of them is G&W.
you took the words outta my mouth :D
I love Pikmin games and Olimar was the cream of the cake.

I updated fist post and removed the japanese name therory since it no longer has any value.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
The fact that Pikmin didn't get 19 officially means that anything could be 19 and things could go well beyond 22.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I updated fist post and removed the japanese name therory since it no longer has any value.
:grin:

You may as well also remove the "Gemu ando Uotchi" part. It now looks odd being the only series written in Japanese.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Yeah, 19 could be anything at all, because the alphabetical thing seems completely disproven now. Personally, i'd like it to represent Golden Sun, but like people have said, there's nothing to say that there won't be icon 23, 24, and so on.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Olimar was an unseen shoo-in to say the least.

I wanted him of course, but most people would attack anyone who supported him...

And this also debunks that one guys "leak", who said that Olimar stood in the background.
In your face!!

Also in case you haven't heard yet, on the Japanese update Sakurai includes two more songs from Pikmin in his description. One is "Song of Love" and the other is "Song of Seeds". And they are GREAT songs.
He says they are both selectable on My Music. For reals.

Ianthraxx

Smash Apprentice
I think we can all agree the icons aren't in any kind of alphabetical order.
Which is SWEET. Who KNOWS how many more there will be! :O

P.S. Megaman is DEF #19. XD

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
OMG since olimars is the 22, what character fits right around the R letter? can anyone say... ROCKMAN?! YEAHHUZZZ!!
or, you know, it could be anyone. i got nothing against Megaman, but now that the theory (how confusing and absurd it was) has been disproven, the 19th spot could be taken by any franchise.

although now that Pikmin is a franchise in smash, i don't care what it is. that was the only new franchise i wanted.

then again, if Resident Evil's Leon S. Kennedy got in, then i would accept that as the new franchise

now i'm just waiting for the guys behind the theory to come here and state they were wrong and it was all just one HUGE coincidence

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
or, you know, it could be anyone. i got nothing against Megaman, but now that the theory (how confusing and absurd it was) has been disproven, the 19th spot could be taken by any franchise.

although now that Pikmin is a franchise in smash, i don't care what it is. that was the only new franchise i wanted.

then again, if Resident Evil's Leon S. Kennedy got in, then i would accept that as the new franchise

now i'm just waiting for the guys behind the theory to come here and state they were wrong and it was all just one HUGE coincidence
If they were alphabetical they'd be by Japanese name, so it would be "BioHazard" and not "Resident Evil."

Besides: it's almost guaranteed they are NOT alphabetical and 100% in order of "game." The original Smash 12 are the first batch, Melee's new franchises are next, then Brawl's new franchises soon after. There's no secret about it--they're all in GAME order :laugh:

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Ehh...Megaman and...Golden Sun?

I honestly have no idea what could be taking up that second spot. I'm not a big fan of Takamaru...although it could be him.

Just gonna wait and see, I guess.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Ehh...Megaman and...Golden Sun?

I honestly have no idea what could be taking up that #19 spot. I'm not a big fan of Takamaru...although it could be him.

Just gonna wait and see, I guess.

Top Bottom