• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Icon Discovery

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
He actually said something like 'if people will figure out everything about the game sooner or later on the internet, why not reveal all the info on my own site?', he never said he'd release all the info before the release.

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
He actually said something like 'if people will figure out everything about the game sooner or later on the internet, why not reveal all the info on my own site?', he never said he'd release all the info before the release.
I am pretty sure he also said he was going to wait a couple of days or weeks to give time to us who want to unlock the characters before putting them on the site.

I hope he gives us a number of characters before so we know how many we need to unlock.

Sonto340

Smash Rookie
Well, I saw the "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" Image as a way to tell us that that's a secret character. Meaning, Ike, and Pokemon Trainer are secret characters.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I very strongly suspect that the Pokemon Trainer is a starting character.
He just seems like a starting character type.
I cannot back up this feeling except by saying that I can't see why or how he would be unlockable. Trainers are very basic but central to the Pokemon franchise. And most unlockable characters are
-villains
-variations of existing characters and sidekicks
-SECRET D00DS

Trainer just doesn't strike me as a secret dude.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I very strongly suspect that the Pokemon Trainer is a starting character.
He just seems like a starting character type.
I cannot back up this feeling except by saying that I can't see why or how he would be unlockable. Trainers are very basic but central to the Pokemon franchise. And most unlockable characters are
-villains
-variations of existing characters and sidekicks
-SECRET D00DS

Trainer just doesn't strike me as a secret dude.
QFT, too bad my one of my mains is a starter. Otherwise I would be playing this dude... Anyway this time around I'll be using them all.

-Onyx

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
I noticed something interesting on the Smash Dojo that nobody else noticed.
When I was right clickling on some images.
I came upon this
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_18.gif
This is the link to the image for Pit's icon

Now, see the 18 at the end of the number? well look at these.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_10.gif -Mario series symbol
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_09.gif -Zelda Series Symbol
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_01.gif - Smash Bros Symbol

all the numbers at the end mean what number symbol they are.
This means there is currently a total of 18 different series that may appear in Brawl right now.

So far I detected the order

1.Smash Bros.
2.DK series
3.Fox series
4.Kirby Series
5.F-Zero series
6.Metroid Series
7.Earthbound/Mother series
8.Pokemon Series
9. Zelda Series
10. Mario series
11.Yoshi series
12.Fire Emblem icon
13.???
14.???
15.Animal Crossing icon
16.Wario symbol
17.??? (Possibly Snakes?)
18.Pit's Symbol

Also many members have thought the list is going in Alphabetical Order by Japanese names.

It's currently uncomfirmed if these 2 series will appear again

Aisu Kuraima (Ice Climbers) (Also can be known as Popo)
Gemu ando Uotchi (Game&Watch)

?? are=

sonic
megaman

duhh

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
?? are=

sonic
megaman

duhh

lolz, I know, right? j/k

Thats my guess also

1. Smash Bros.
2. Donkey Kong
3. Starfox
4. Kirby
5. F-zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound/Mother
8. Pokemon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
12. Megaman?
13. Sonic?
14. Fire Emblem
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
17. Metal Gear
18. Kid Icarus

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
1. Smash Bros.
2. Donkey Kong
3. Starfox
4. Kirby
5. F-zero
6. Metroid
7. Earthbound/Mother
8. Pokemon
9. Zelda
10. Mario
11. Yoshi
12. Ice Climbers
13. Game and Watch
14. Fire Emblem
15. Animal Crossing
16. Wario
17. Pikmin
18. Kid Icarus
19. Metal Gear
20. Megaman
21. Sonic

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that all the characters they are releasing now are base characters, and when they start releasing hidden characters they'll start with... oh, either Meta or Jiggly.

It would certainly justify Meta Knight's and Snake's absence from an official profile, despite their already being confirmed!

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Why is the Fire Emblem series not in alphabetical order? Shouldn't it be after Donkey Kong?

EDIT: I just figured out the answer to my own question. 01 through 11 are all the series that first appeared in SSB64. Then, starting with Fire Emblem, they list the series that first appeared in Melee. So G&W and Ice Climber would be 13 and 14 if they're returning. Then they list the series that first appear in Brawl.

That means Megaman isn't in it. He would be 17, and that's where Snake's icon goes. Sonic could still be in, he would be after Kid Icarus. Pikmin could be after Kid Icarus too. Bomberman could be before Animal Crossing if either G&W or IC don't return. Balloon Fighter could also go before AC if G&W or IC doesn't return.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
*CoughGenoCough*
Yeah, on the old page for SSBM, he released the secret characters AFTER it came out, so don't expect to see any unlockables.
Sakurai said he'll be releasing all of the unlockables before release this time, because he knows the internet will spoil it instantly anyway, and he'd rather do it himself.

Why is the Fire Emblem series not in alphabetical order? Shouldn't it be after Donkey Kong?
They're split into three sections; the franchises present in 64, the franchises present in Melee, and the newly represented franchises.

Croco

Smash Lord

EDIT: I just figured out the answer to my own question. 01 through 11 are all the series that first appeared in SSB64. Then, starting with Fire Emblem, they list the series that first appeared in Melee. So G&W and Ice Climber would be 13 and 14 if they're returning. Then they list the series that first appear in Brawl.

That means Megaman isn't in it. He would be 17, and that's where Snake's icon goes. Sonic could still be in, he would be after Kid Icarus. Pikmin could be after Kid Icarus too. Bomberman could be before Animal Crossing if either G&W or IC don't return. Balloon Fighter could also go before AC if G&W or IC doesn't return.

I guess Duck Hunt won't be appearing. That sucks, playing as that dog would have been hilarious. Oh well, hopefully he's an AT.
Ummm who said it stops at 18? :confused:
Just because Pit is 18 it doesn't mean Snake is 17.. Snake could be #25 for all we know.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Ummm who said it stops at 18? :confused:
Just because Pit is 18 it doesn't mean Snake is 17.. Snake could be #25 for all we know.
It's because it's going in alphabetical order, and that's where Snake's would appear (By their Japanese names)

Of course Sakurai could always throw a curveball, so anything is possible.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said he'll be releasing all of the unlockables before release this time, because he knows the internet will spoil it instantly anyway, and he'd rather do it himself.

They're split into three sections; the franchises present in 64, the franchises present in Melee, and the newly represented franchises.
Are you serious?!?!?! Why would he do that? I'd prefer to leave SOME characters secret. Maybe i will find out from somewhere else but thats something i try to avoid.(Until I've unlocked all the characters I can on my own.) But I'd really prefer to keep it a secret.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
People still ask questions that are clearly answered in the thread itself >_>

Also what is all this "He won't show secret characters before the game comes out", I do believe he said would reveal them earlier than that (maybe not all) but he said prier to Melee, the roster was leaked. He could be showing Secret Characters and you guys wouldn't even know about it until the game comes out.

Then you will be like "Dude where is Ike? He isn't on the character select screen."

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Croco
Ummm who said it stops at 18?
I didn't say that it stopped at 18. I specifically said that both Sonic and Pikmin could be after Kid Icarus.

Croco
Just because Pit is 18 it doesn't mean Snake is 17..
Snake is 17 because it goes by the Japanese name of his series in alphabetical order.

Croco
Snake could be #25 for all we know.
I'd be surprised if it was went that high. I think it'll go to 19 or 20 at the most.

IllidR
Of course Sakurai could always throw a curveball, so anything is possible.
I doubt it. That's pretty much the order they seem to be going in.

I'm glad somebody figured this icon thing out. We can rule out a lot of characters with it.

Punch Out's Japanese name is Panchi-Auto. That means that it would be 17 if anyone from Punch Out was in the game. Since we know Metal Gear is 17, that pretty much rules out Little Mac as a playable character.

Golden Sun's Japanese name is Ōgon no Taiyō, which would also place it at 17. No playable Golden Sun characters.

I just realised that Megaman's Japanese name is Rokkuman, so I was wrong about him. He could still be in if it goes higher then 18. I don't think Megaman will be playable though.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
We do not know if Metal Gear is Number 17.

WE do know Smash Bros. Original is 1-11

SSBM Could be either one of the following: 12-14, 12-13, 12

SSBB we know it starts at 15 but there could go with one of the following: 15-?? 14-?? 13- ??

We do not know if Third Party will go with this pattern or not. Third Party could be after all the new Brawl Series, or like many suggested before MG will be 17.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I guess you're right. I still think that Snake will be 17 though.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
It's not a theory, you can look at it and see how they are in alphabetical order by their Japanese name.

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
rofl... here's my prediction:

CHARACTERS / ITEMS WITH SYMBOLS:

1.Smash Bros. EVERYTHING NOT LISTED
2.DK series : Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong
3.Fox series : Fox, Falco
4.Kirby Series : Kirby, Metaknight, Dedede
5.F-Zero series: Samurai Goroh (***.trp), Captain Falcon
6.Metroid Series: (ZS)Samus,
7.Earthbound/Mother series: Ness
8.Pokemon Series: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, all pokeballs
9. Zelda Series: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf
10. Mario series: Mario, Bowser, Peach, Luigi
11.Yoshi series: Yoshi, Birdo
12.Fire Emblem icon: Ike, Marth
13.Punch Out symbol : Lil Mac
14.Solid Snake's symbol: Snake
15.Animal Crossing icon: Tom Nook, KK (***. trophy)
16.Wario symbol: Wario
17.Ice Climbers: Ice Climbers
18.Kid Icarus Symbol: Pit
19.Game & Watch: Mr. Game & Watch
20.ZOMGWTF character symbol: Sonic
21.Megaman: Megaman
22.Bonk: Bonk

That would mean a total of 35 characters and probably 45 stages.

Top Bottom