• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Brawl Icon Discovery

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
how do u say Game and Watch in Japanese? cuz if the icons are going by Japanese names in alphabetical order with newcomers at the end, i wanna see how G&W's name fits it
Who cares...it's going in order so it HAS to be Game and Watch

Gemu ando Uotchi (Game&Watch)

evilwart

Smash Rookie
01: Dairanto Smash Brothers (Super Smash Bros.)
02: Donki Kongu (Donkey Kong)
03: Fokkusu\Suta Fokkusu (Fox\Starfox)*
04: Kabii (Kirby)
05: Kyaputen Farukon\Efu Zero (Captain Falcon\F-Zero)*
06: Metoroido (Metroid)
07: Nesu\Mother (Ness\Earthbound)*
08: Poketto Monsuta (Pokemon)
09: Rinku\Zeruda no Densetsu (Link\Legend of Zelda)*
10: Supa Mario (Super Mario)
11: Yosshi (Yoshi)

12: Faia Emuburemu (Fire Emblem)
13: Gemu ando Uotchi (Game & Watch, assumed)
14: Popo\Aisu Kuraima (Popo\Ice Climbers)*

15: Dobutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing)
16: Made in Wario (Wario Ware)
17: Metaru Gia (Metal Gear, assumed)
18: Parutena no Kagami (Kid Icarus)

*Doesn't work as franchise name and uses main character instead

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...Now I am wondering if any more franschises will be present

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
wait...i just noticed something:
the first part of the icons is only the icons u would find in SSB64
second were the new ones found in Melee
now the third is all the new icons found in Brawl

well i guess that sums up that GnW will definitely return...i just hope the only vet not returning is Pichu...which im sure everybody else doesnt want back
n i only wanted to find the order of the icons to get a better look at wut chars will be returning...like GnW for example. but then theres the icons for Brawl...wut series could be in Brawl starts after "PAR" in Japanese...does that mean there will only be 20 (adding Sonic and Megaman with confidence in their being in Brawl) repped?...wait maybe the Snake's Kojima fox isnt the 17...maybe another series will be repped if 3rd parties are made into a 4th section of icons...i dunno im just guessing

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman

Assuming there is a pattern, Game and Watch's chances just got exponentially greater. Personally, I think the only characters that should be removed are clones who have no other feasable, unique moveset. In my mind, this pretty much confirms Game and Watch, even without the pattern.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
wait...i just noticed something:
the first part of the icons is only the icons u would find in SSB64
second were the new ones found in Melee
now the third is all the new icons found in Brawl

well i guess that sums up that GnW will definitely return...i just hope the only vet not returning is Pichu...which im sure everybody else doesnt want back
n i only wanted to find the order of the icons to get a better look at wut chars will be returning...like GnW for example. but then theres the icons for Brawl...wut series could be in Brawl starts after "PAR" in Japanese...does that mean there will only be 20 (adding Sonic and Megaman with confidence in their being in Brawl) repped?...wait maybe the Snake's Kojima fox isnt the 17...maybe another series will be repped if 3rd parties are made into a 4th section of icons...i dunno im just guessing
That leads to this question... if there is a separate section for third parties, what non-third party would fit between MAD and PAR? If we can come up with something for that then you might have a pretty good theory there. That doesn't really affect the SSB64 and SSBM section, so it's safe to say that Game and Watch still fits in 13.

evilwart

Smash Rookie
That leads to this question... if there is a separate section for third parties, what non-third party would fit between MAD and PAR? If we can come up with something for that then you might have a pretty good theory there. That doesn't really affect the SSB64 and SSBM section, so it's safe to say that Game and Watch still fits in 13.
Ogon no Taiyo (Golden Sun)
Panchi-Auto!! (Punch-Out!!)
Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack\Puzzle League)

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
yep.. I even mentioned that like a month ago.
My theory was correct.
It's Smash Brothers 64.. then the 3 games series introduced in Melee.. and finally the ones for Brawl..
Just check many MANY pages back.. you might find it that I posted it first. lol
LOL indeed. I posted that theory almost 3 months ago - it's post #100 on this thread. :laugh:

i know. i put the PAR part in there. wut would replace Metaru Gia tho? (have i said that saying the Japanese names in FOB English is awesome yet?) i dunno. at least my theory gives GnW like a 90% chance or something.
oh n evilwart: "O" and PAN go before PAR sadly. wut the hell? now my theory pisses me off cuz Issac or Felix would pwn...

Edit: oh n Croco beats it to me. well now Croco's theory pisses me off hahaha

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Ogon no Taiyo (Golden Sun)
Panchi-Auto!! (Punch-Out!!)
Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack\Puzzle League)
Out of those three, Golden Sun seems the most believable. I can only see Mac as an AT, and I think Lip's chances are low, especially since Lip's Stick is an item, but I thought her chances were pretty low to begin with.

the one with Takamaru?
anywayz: judging by Croco's theory of the icon pattern which i restated :) and my theory of 3rd parties having their own icon section, i think Issac or Felix would end up playable. Mac might end up getting ATd like Lyn...or it could go down the line (Takamaru PC, Issac/Felix, Mac ATd; Mac PC, Issac/Felix, Takamaru ATd)
then i could see a Tetris stage similar to Pokefloats where u have to jump from Tetrad to Tetrad (like Pokemon to Pokemon). or maybe a PC Tetrad XD

evilwart

Smash Rookie
Possible icons -

Number 17 (Between Made and Parutena)
Nazo no Murasamejou (Murasame's Mysterious Castle) - Takamaru
Ogon no Taiyo (Golden Sun) - Issac, Felix
Ouendan (Elite Beat Agents) - Elite Beat Agent
Panchi-Auto!! (Punch-Out!!) - Little Mac
Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack\Puzzle League) - Lip

Number 19+ (After Parutena)
Pikumin (Pikmin) - Captain Olimar
Ray\Kasutamu Robo (Ray\Custom Robo) - Ray
Shin Oni Ga Shima (New Island of Demons) - Hikari
Starfy\Densetsu No Starfy (Starfy\Legend of Starfy) - Starfy
Sukapon\Joy Mech Fight (Sukapon\Joy Mech Fight) - Sukapon

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We NEED Joi Meka Faito (Joy Mech Fight) - Sukapon...

...of course they could be going by his Japanese name too...Sukapon!

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Possible icons -

For Number 17, you forgot the obvious guess, Metal Gear (assuming the third party theory is incorrect). And for 19+ there are a lot more possibilites (i.e. Sonic (Sonikku za Hejjihoggu) and Mega Man (Rokkuman), etc.). It's pretty much impossible to name all the possible characters that come after 18, but it does reveal which characters stand a chance.

evilwart

Smash Rookie
Oh, I was doing 1st Party only, but yeah pretty much any franchise starting after Parutena/with a a character who's name goes after Parutena can go after 19 so there's just too many to name.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Someone told me this thread said Game&Watch was confirmed. How does this confirmed him?

01: Dairantō Smash Brothers (Super Smash Bros.)
02: Donkī Kongu (Donkey Kong)
03: Fokkusu (Star Fox)
04: Hoshi no Kābii/Kābii (Kirby)
05: Kyaputen Farukon (F-Zero)
07: ??? (Most likely will be Mother/Earthbound)
08: Pokemon/Poketto Monsutā
09: Rinku (Zelda)
10: Sūpā Mario (Super Mario)
11: Yosshī (Yoshi)
12:Faia Emuburemu (Fire Emblem)
13:
14:
15: Dōbutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing)
16: Made in Wario (Wario Ware, it's NOT Wario as a whole)
17:
And the icons are not in alphabetical order. F does not go after Y.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone told me this thread said Game&Watch was confirmed. How does this confirmed him?

It goes by Alphabetical order and by game...64, then Melee, then Brawl

sceptilian

Smash Apprentice

The icons go in SSB64, SSBM and SSBB order. So, yes, they are alphabetical (as a sub-order).

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Oh.... Wow. So... 2 spaces left... YAY! Game & Watch is back!

I wonder wht 17 is.... Snake? Pikmin? Takamaru?

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Oh.... Wow. So... 2 spaces left... YAY! Game & Watch is back!

I wonder wht 17 is.... Snake? Pikmin? Takamaru?
It is probably Metal Gear, but it's been suggested that 3rd party characters have a separate section after the Brawl part of the list. So it could potentially be anyone with a game series or name between MAD and PAR alphabetically. Number 13 has a 99% chance of being Game & Watch in my mind though. Why would they bother removing a completely unique character anyway?

Oh, I was doing 1st Party only, but yeah pretty much any franchise starting after Parutena/with a a character who's name goes after Parutena can go after 19 so there's just too many to name.
Those are some interesting possibilities anyway.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
With ICe Climbers being number 14, this might possibly mean G&W is come bac if he goes by Game & Watch for his series.

Only time will tell.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
The only way he isn't in is if Sakurai puts a newcomer icon in the middle of veteran icons. Not gonna happen.
Or if this pattern is completely false... but it seems pretty unlikely that all this is random. I'm willing to bet money that Game & Watch will be in. That's how much I believe it'll happen.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I don't think 3rd party characters will be on a separate list. There's SSB64, SSBM, and SSBB, no 3rd party.
Well, we don't know that, but since Metal Gear fits in 17, there probably won't be a separate section for 3rd parties, but it's always a possibility. I can't think of any characters that have extremely high chances of being in and fit in slot 17, so I think you're probably right, but never say never.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
There is a lot of thought put into this theory, but i really don't think that people should use it so religiously to determine who is confirmed or unconfirmed, when all it really is is a theory.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
There is a lot of thought put into this theory, but i really don't think that people should use it so religiously to determine who is confirmed or unconfirmed, when all it really is is a theory.
That's what the Brawl forums are mostly about, theories and speculation. I'm not gunna say this is all 100% true because there is no way of knowing that, but it seems too unlikely to be coincidental. I believe there is a 99% chance of the idea of an alphabetical list separated by game being true.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Okay, now wait a second. What if, and it's just a theory, but what if the pattern goes like this:

03: Fokkusu / Suta Fokkusu (Fox / Starfox)
05: Kyaputen Farukon / Efu Zero (Captain Falcon / F-Zero)
07: Nesu (???) / Mother (Ness / Earthbound)
09: Rinku / Zeruda no Densetsu (Link / Legend of Zelda)

12: Aiku / Faia Emuburemu (Ike / Fire Emblem)
13:
14: Popo / Aisu Kuraima (Popo / Ice Climbers)

15: ??? / Dobutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing)
17:

Now look at the pattern.

1: Game

-- Skip Character --

2: Game
3: Character
4: Game
5: Character
6: Game
7: Character
8: Game
9: Character
10: Game
11: Character

-- Skip Game --

12: Character
13: Game (???)
14: Character

-- Skip Game --

15: Character (???)
16: Game
17: Character (???)
18: Game

There MIGHT BE a pattern.

Also note that even though Ness might be replaced by Lucas, Ness was the first Mother / Earthbound representative featured in Smash ever.

EDIT: If Snake points out not to be 17, the theory would still stand, by the way.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Naturally, Ice Climbers at 14 really draws my attention to the 13th slot. Before now, I was pretty confident that Mr. Game and Watch probably wouldn't return, since the presence of Wario really throws away his shock value (I mean, Wario even gets a wacky 2-D stage!). But who else could be in slot 13?

Then I got to thinking. Maybe this is just too weird, but...we've all heard rumors about "Oh, such and such a character was in the melee beta but they removed him because they didn't have time\worked on another character instead", right? Well...what if it was true, and one of those characters are now slated to make their true debut in Brawl? This list was only intended to be seen by the internal developers, not us, so it doesn't matter what we know. Would the website programmer have considered that character to be from Melee, or would they classify him as a newcomer?

The name that comes most readily to mind is the Balloon Fighter (Barūn Faito). In my experience, his is the name that most often pops up in those "Melee beta" rumors. Mach Rider (I don't know the Japanese spelling, but I figure it still starts with M) is a frequent culprit as well. And both of those names would fit alphabetically between Aiku and Popo. And there's bound to be at least one new crazy-retro character...

Maybe I'm just overthinking all of this, but Mr. Game and Watch might not be out of the woods yet.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Just as GaryCXJk pointed out, 12 is probably "Aiku", keeping that 12-14 range in alphabetical order by character (Aiku -> Gemu ando Uotchi-san -> Popo).

Possible icons -

ZOMG I hadn't considered that Sukapon could be listed by his name! The possibilities of Takamaru AND Sukapon get me all excited. :grin: Props to also including EBA, Little Mac, and Stafy.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The list is not alphabetical at all. This has been disproved long ago. The only sort of order that we know about is that the icons are groups according to first franchise appearance.

Don't expect MG to be 17...it wouldn't make sense. There will be plenty of franchises after 18. How many times do I have to say this?

Top Bottom