• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash: Black dominated?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
OH SHI-

Kuma is Mexican?!

I am going to need me some digits! :bee:

Seriously though Blayde, plaquemine has a lot of black smashers because the black to white ratio there is in the black favor.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
OH SHI-

Kuma is Mexican?!

Seriously though Blayde, plaquemine has a lot of black smashers because the black to white ratio there is in the black favor.
I spend the majority of my time in Baton Rouge, but I know what you meant. ^_^.

Dude, people are too dumb in Plaquemine to play Smash. Or video games, in general. But that's besides the point.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord

Dude, people are too dumb in Plaquemine to play Smash. Or video games, in general. But that's besides the point.
I know right?

Same thing around here in my neck of the woods.

I actually live in the Grant/Pollock area. Main thing around here though are rednecks. We have black people, but they are pretty much the minority due to Pollock's past. :dizzy:

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord

DUDE I KNOW A GUY WHO LIVES IN BATON ROUGE.

HE'S IN HIS 40S THOUGH AND HE DOESN'T PLAY SMASH. I BET HE PLAYS CARDS THOUGH. SOUNDS LIKE ALOT OF FUN.

Ah man, this'll be great.

Battousai780

Smash Ace

Do you ever post in the LA thread or go to Dibbz?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I am black, and i noticed something similar to, but not the same as what you are talking about.

I dont believe that the majority of smashers are black, i think its the other way around...

the majority of black ppl that are pro/semi-pro gamers that dont play Madden, play smash. However most fighting games a white dominated, except for those few games that are genectically made for asians to rule at. (im looking at you, DDR and Tekken) also Smash seems to be one of the most diverse games ive ever played. no offence, because i dont get around all that much, but ive never heard of a mexican winning a large scale game tourney b4 smash came out. ive also never seen more than one girl at any one game tourney be4 smash came out.... smash brings the world together. =)

so all in all, there are more whites that play smash than minorities, but there are more minorities that play smash than other games, thats basically the way that i see it
I lol'd.

nyoro~n

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I know right?

Same thing around here in my neck of the woods.

I actually live in the Grant/Pollock area. Main thing around here though are rednecks. We have black people, but they are pretty much the minority due to Pollock's past. :dizzy:
I'm about to get so off-topic, but did you know someone named Melissa Doss?

But yeah, I understand. Most cities down here tend to follow that same formula. But that doesn't make Plaquemine any better. lol.

Do you ever post in the LA thread or go to Dibbz?
No, I haven't. I've been meaning to check it out, but i don't have a car. And about the thread, I'll be sure to check it out now that I found out so many smashers live in LA.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
OH SHI-

Kuma is Mexican?!

Why are you going to need my digits and what do you mean? If it's citizenship, I'm a natural born citizen in the US.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I'm about to get so off-topic, but did you know someone named Melissa Doss?

But yeah, I understand. Most cities down here tend to follow that same formula. But that doesn't make Plaquemine any better. lol.
Few things:

-Did she graduate this year or last?

and

-What high school did she go to?

Because I don't recognize the name off the top of my head. :dizzy:

Baton Rouge is pretty good to smash at. Me and a few of my friends drove up there and got ***** by Ken and his group at Melee. :urg:

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I have never known or seen any black man or woman playing the game.

I'm sure in some distant land it does happen, but I haven''t heard about it. :p

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Haha, it's slang for phone number. XD

and I am messing with ya. :p
Oh, do you want to call me to work on your roof? j/k

Anyway, I won't give you my phone number, but I just put up my Brawl FC but I recommend not fighting me as lag has become a nightmare.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Oh, do you want to call me to work on your roof? j/k

Anyway, I won't give you my phone number, but I just put up my Brawl FC but I recommend not fighting me as lag has become a nightmare.

Haha...ha...ha... Yes. :(

I can't play brawl online. I have a satellite internet connection. :urg:

PCHU

Smash Lord
But if Blacks are the best, then how come my friends aren't beating me?

I'm telling you, the mixed race is pure PWNage; and you know why?
We have a little bit of everything.
And it's those little bits that count.

"BLAAWL!"
-Ike

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I am a PAKISTANI SMASHER. bet you dont find too much of those! i probably am the best pakistani smasher in the world lol

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Shrug, actually, I find Smash tournaments to be a great mixing culture of race/religion/persona (dorks, preps, even athletes). I don't think any one group dominates in terms of skill, but looking at top players from melee:

Ken: Asian (not sure where from)
Azen: Asian (I think Filipino)
ChuDat: hispanic (Bolivian)
PC Chris: white
Mew2King: white
Isai: hispanic
Chillin: brown (where from, not sure)
Neo: black
KeepSpeedn: black
Shizwiz: black
Taj: black
Forward: white
Drephen: white
Wes: black
Bum: black
Mango: hispanic...I think?
shrug, I don't know, I could just keep going, its really diverse, thats the point I'm trying to make, and love our communities diversity. I think one thing that may explain the diversity is that the best players are usually around cities with lots of competition, and cities also happen to have large mixes of different races. Here in the midwest I don't run into nearly as much diversity as I do at DC tournaments, but national tournaments are amazing cause everyone travels to them and you just get like, everything possible.

battousai555

Smash Ace
I do agree that the smash community is quite diverse, but wouldn't you think that the ethnic break-up would reflect that of the US population?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Mr. Game & Watch is the only black guy, and most people change his color anyway, so no!

But really folks, I see more whiteys play then anyone else. (I'm white btw)

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Shrug, actually, I find Smash tournaments to be a great mixing culture of race/religion/persona (dorks, preps, even athletes). I don't think any one group dominates in terms of skill, but looking at top players from melee:

shrug, I don't know, I could just keep going, its really diverse, thats the point I'm trying to make, and love our communities diversity. I think one thing that may explain the diversity is that the best players are usually around cities with lots of competition, and cities also happen to have large mixes of different races. Here in the midwest I don't run into nearly as much diversity as I do at DC tournaments, but national tournaments are amazing cause everyone travels to them and you just get like, everything possible.
Dood, PCChris and Mew2King are TURBO white. XD

But I wasn't aware that Bum was black. :laugh:

Yea, in the south, our diversity is practically non-existant. I believe the black population outnumbers the white in Louisiana now, and the mexican/asian ratio is about 1-2%.

Not to sound stereotypical, but you only ever see mexican/asian's working in mexican/asian restaurants down here in my area in Louisiana. I wish it wasn't true, but it is. :urg:

Boxob

Smash Champion
In a tourney I went to on Long Island, out of the 36 that participated, at least 7 of them were black. Not really domination but they do (for lack of nicer words) stick out more? Lulz. Also, one of them won.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I don't know many black smashers (black guys who play Smash Bros. Brawl, that is...)
But at the midnight release, Gamestop was swarming with them.

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
black smashers mainly are from new york and florida i think. I'm a black smasher, and when i attend tournies, im usually one of few attendants.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Most of the Smashers I know are white, although we vary in ethnicity. But where one of my black friends lives there are many black Smashers. Of course this is no surprise as I live in Chicago, the world's most segregated city. Its really a shame.

I would be curious to see how it is in other states, if the segregation of the city is so severe and how that fits in the Smasher population there.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move

You Forgot one:

HugS: Sexican.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Dude, ganondorf is totally black, wanna know how i know?

black ppl love pork (i am black and i personally believe bacon should be used as currency)

ganon loves pork so much he turns into a giant pig

herre go, ganon must be black

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
But the guy from Bollywood looks JUST like him.

ALSO, porkchops>bacon.

Look, the black people already have Tiger Woods...

You guys are not getting the king of evil!

Sascratch

Smash Rookie
i always thought of captain falcon as a black guy . . . then i realized that he drives a racecar . . .

theres mostly white smashers from where im from but its not by a lot. I see a good amount of black smashers and thats saying something since the region is overwhelmingly white.

the diversity in the community is really cool. when i'de go to tourneys i'de feel like i was part of something bigger than just a nerdy nintendo game that my clique played obssessively.

Top Bottom