• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash: Black dominated?

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
I am an afro-smasher. I wish alot of black people in my community played smash.....

They can't seem to find a game that doesn't include, a football, a basketball,rap music, fried chicken, manslaughter. guns, the closest they've come to a good fighting game was streetfighter, but then they gave it up for MK.

I wish I could say smash, without it meaning something dirty.

I wish I could say I have a Wii before a swarm o' black guys, mock me for not having a 360 and "Crankin Dat Madden/dat Grand theft"

And the common aguement of
Why not just go outside and play basketball, than on a videah' game? The response being "Why don't you go outside and "Pidgeon Punch somebody, or what ever that girl says"

yeah, I wished more black people played this... -_-

stoneswithstand

Smash Apprentice
at the undeclared brawl club at my school theres one black smasher
hes pretty good and def within the top 5 players
but the only black person into smash in my school
then again, around 10% of my school is black

I'm korean and blacks double the percentage of asians in my school o_0
80% white/jewish lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I am an afro-smasher. I wish alot of black people in my community played smash.....

They can't seem to find a game that doesn't include, a football, a basketball,rap music, fried chicken, manslaughter. guns, the closest they've come to a good fighting game was streetfighter, but then they gave it up for MK.

I wish I could say smash, without it meaning something dirty.

I wish I could say I have a Wii before a swarm o' black guys, mock me for not having a 360 and "Crankin Dat Madden/dat Grand theft"

And the common aguement of
Why not just go outside and play basketball, than on a videah' game? The response being "Why don't you go outside and "Pidgeon Punch somebody, or what ever that girl says"

yeah, I wished more black people played this... -_-
im black, so its ok for me to say this...

i really hate black people sometimes, i feel like were genectically engineered to be ignorant sometimes

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
im black, so its ok for me to say this...

i really hate black people sometimes, i feel like were genectically engineered to be ignorant sometimes

Agreed. Sometimes I can help but say something sideways, like Ruckus from the boondocks.

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
i heard that martin luther king jr's favorite game was smash brothers. thats kind of cool because he endorses this game and did a lot of good things even though he is black. so it would be better that he likes it than say, hitler because hitler was not nice a lot.

also, al sharpton is black, but i don't think he plays smash =/

Eaode

Smash Champion
Just for the Record, Falco DID hold his gun sideways in Melee. IDK 'bout Brawl

Me, I'm a hispanic mix. The friends I smash with ae like 1 filipino, 2 more spanish, 1 italian, and one white. I've never met a black smasher except that one time we went to a doubles tournament and my friends got raeped by Wes and PC Chris lol

startoonhero

Smash Apprentice
in my area most black people dont even know what smash bros is. LOL
theyre too busy with their GTA's and games with shooting..
(no im not making a racist remark, but its true)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm in NO WAY wanna sound racist but I always thought this site (Smashboards) was White dominated followed by Blacks then Hispanics

blayde_axel

Smash Master
in my area most black people dont even know what smash bros is. LOL
theyre too busy with their GTA's and games with shooting..
(no im not making a racist remark, but its true)
It's true. Trust me. Nothing wrong with GTA and games with shooting, but seriously. Don't make that (and Madden) all that you play!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It's true. Trust me. Nothing wrong with GTA and games with shooting, but seriously. Don't make that (and Madden) all that you play!
Lol I actually laughed irl when you said this cause my uncle and I are black, but my uncle fit into that steryotype perfectly. All of his games are shooters, Madden, and NBA. :laugh:

OmegaXXII

Lol I actually laughed irl when you said this cause my uncle and I are black, but my uncle fit into that steryotype perfectly. All of his games are shooters, Madden, and NBA. :laugh:
speaking of which, I am kinda surprised that Black people even like Smash which is ironic to me, because I always thought they would play mostly NFL, NBA, GTA, racing games, and I'm in no wa trying to be racist, just posting my thought is all

blayde_axel

Smash Master
lol. That's how it is for every black family, I'm assuming. My brother and friends strictly play those games and that's it. Oh well. That's what smashboards is for, I guess.

speaking of which, I am kinda surprised that Black people even like Smash which is ironic to me, because I always thought they would play mostly NFL, NBA, GTA, racing games, and I'm in no wa trying to be racist, just posting my thought is all
It's because there's fighting in it.

lol.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i had to look in here because of the topic, and OMG LOL.

a game that's not Madden or NBA Live "being black dominated"... XD.

Or Tekken.

And im black too, so pick up your race card.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
LOL yeah, only black smashers are the good ones.
There's the truth in it! :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm black, but, from experience, I found that, though experience, despite there being few people I know with Wii's, there is really a balanced amount of people who play Smash, though I notice that the white people I know tend to play really obsessively (always play tourney rules, constantly look at YouTube vids at the "best" players to get a one up on people, laugh at me for not playing high tier and then cry when they lose :laugh: just kidding, sort of)

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
i like black people a lot. stop being racist.

also, aren't blacks at a disadvantage when playing brawl?

also, a lot of people say that black people like kool-aid. and fried chicken and basketball. is this because they are black? if black people like watermelon as well, why don't blacks just drink watermelon kool-aid?

i am just curious and i don't know where to go with my questions so i'll ask here >.<

blayde_axel

Smash Master
i like black people a lot. stop being racist.

also, aren't blacks at a disadvantage when playing brawl?

also, a lot of people say that black people like kool-aid. and fried chicken and basketball. is this because they are black? if black people like watermelon as well, why don't blacks just drink watermelon kool-aid?

i am just curious and i don't know where to go with my questions so i'll ask here >.<
Because there's no watermelon flavor kool-aid. There's only red.

Geist

Smash Master
Personally, every black smasher I know is amazing.
Maybe not dominant in smasher population, but they will destroy you in your dreams if you allow them to. =_=

jakeadactyl

Smash Apprentice
Because there's no watermelon flavor kool-aid. There's only red.
ahh that makes sense! i actually also like watermelons, AND kool-aid. and all the black people at my school love me, and all the whites hate me! i am being soooo serious here, the white people at my school do not even bother with me but the black people always smile at me and take the time to talk. and black girls are the nicest things to ever be created!<3

so i play smash and am white, but i wish i was black, if that counts >.<

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I understand where you are getting at. My first console was a N64 when I was little, then I wanted a Playstation. I heard that Xbox was cool so I got that when it came out. Ever since then I have just been an all around gamer. Zelda, Mario, Halo, Madden, Warcraft, Metal Gear, Guitar Hero, etc. I just love video games! :)

EDIT: WOOO MY 200th post

danielrofl

Smash Cadet
I dont really come from an ethnically diverse area. Not that there aren't any other ethnicities, just that there aren't many. So honestly, I haven't a clue.
Though then again there aren't many smashers in my area either :(

OmegaXXII

I understand where you are getting at. My first console was a N64 when I was little, then I wanted a Playstation. I heard that Xbox was cool so I got that when it came out. Ever since then I have just been an all around gamer. Zelda, Mario, Halo, Madden, Warcraft, Metal Gear, Guitar Hero, etc. I just love video games! :)

EDIT: WOOO MY 200th post
I'm guessing your not an adult yet so I'd expext black kids to play it since it's a type of game that kids and teenagers would like, it's just I wouldn't expect a grown Black male playing Brawl

and yea I'm also into video games myself such as Mario, Sonic, Metal Gear Solid, Metroid, Final Fantasy, street fighter, etc... :chuckle:

MDK00

Smash Ace
=S iunno where you guys live but in gta there are maybe 3 black smashers...

everyone else is white with long blonde/brown here. they all look like hill billies, iunno its like the thing to do if ur white and play smash here =S

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
I am the only Black person in my crew. Well I am half, but it still counts. Blacks are a minority, though it might be that in that minority a majority of the players are good.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
heh um im not sure about black dominance but then again until you sit there and have like some kind of chart i don't know if you'll ever know lol

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I haven't been to any tournaments yet, will there really be lots of black people? I like black people.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I have a fun question: do black persons (persons sounds polite to me lol) gravitate towards some mains instead of others? There aren't any black people in the brawl cast. Except Lucario. I'd definitely count him as being black, he's a steel/fighting pokemon. and the steel that he is is black. Ok i lost myself maybe he's not black. Anyway, to black players have certain favorite mains, compared to other players?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Umm... say what? There are many black Smashers, yes, but the majority of Smashers worldwide and even in the US are still caucasian as far as I know.

And if you look at the top echelon of players, there are comparatively few black players. So basically, it's not a "black dominated" game.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Umm... say what? There are many black Smashers, yes, but the majority of Smashers worldwide and even in the US are still caucasian as far as I know.

And if you look at the top echelon of players, there are comparatively few black players. So basically, it's not a "black dominated" game.
"Top echelon"?

Top Bottom