• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Lol the SBR and especially Samurai Panda are officially epic because of using a Limp Bizkit song.God a few years ago I was a big fan and now I still like some songs(Nookie FTW).Good memories...
Anyway,I think Sonic is the next character.

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
Add(2:44) 2 + 4 + 4 = 10

The only characters that have ten letters in their name are Jigglypuff, Donkey Kong, King Dedede, Meta Knight

D3 and MK have already been done and some people call Donkey Kong: DK therefore Jigglypuff is my guess.

Jigglypuff
Yes, but Donkey Kong is the 10th character on the tier list

MINDGAMEZZZZ Boi

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I agree, absolutely :) But that doesn't help us guess the character :urg: If Samulai was just going to rickroll us, it would have been a real Astley rickroll. Unless he just really wants us to keep guessing ludicrous ideas on this "hardest hint ever" when it's actually just intended to be an empty shell.....

but I don't think so. He said he "explains the hint" in the SBR thread. I think there's something to it. I'm working on a crazy new theory... but I think it'll end up just as half-brained as most of the ideas that have been spelled out thus far :urg:

I hope in the end it's Peach :laugh: cuz she's the least obvious.
He probably does want us to keep guessing at ludicrous ideas when its actually an empty shell. I'm sure he had fun with Mewtwo.

Lmao, did not think of this.

That may actually work.

But how can we relate this to a character (if at all)? The only thing I can think of is Ike, because he's "never gonna give up" trying to fight for his friends.
It's a rickroll. It doesn't need to be related to any character. A rickroll is rarely relevent.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
It's a rickroll. It doesn't need to be related to any character. A rickroll is rarely relevent.
Then...we're guessing at nothing? >_>

The Mewtwo hint wasn't a hint for Mewtwo, it was a hint for Lucario. They only did it to screw with us.

So if this hint really is for a Rickroll, and NO CHARACTER can be related to it, then there is no character that we can possibly guess for this hint.

And this is nothing like the Mewtwo hint.

EDIT: Oh, and I found out who the breakdancer is at 2:44.

His name is Salah.

No idea how we can use that. >_>

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
I still wanna go with Luigi cuz he's the dancing man in green.

Although... Lucas looks kind of like Rick Astley.
Did we get Luke-rolled?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Then...we're guessing at nothing? >_>

The Mewtwo hint wasn't a hint for Mewtwo, it was a hint for Lucario. They only did it to screw with us.

So if this hint really is for a Rickroll, and NO CHARACTER can be related to it, then there is no character that we can possibly guess for this hint.
And that is why it's the best most difficult and obtuse hint ever.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Then it's Dr. Mario, cause this guy is sick in the head.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
And that is why it's the best most difficult and obtuse hint ever.
But there's a difference between difficulty and impossibility, and if this hint relates to nothing, this is hardly a hint at all. <_>

I think it's a little to early to be calling the BS card before we explore every avenue of the remaining characters, as well as this song.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
If you want another random theory, here you go:

it involves the 2:44

so far, there have been 44 characters in the super smash bros series (if you treat PT as 3 characters), and out of the ones remaining, the second in alphabetical order is technically Dr. Mario, but the second Brawl character left in alphabetical order is Fox

So, it's either Dr. Mario or Fox

edit: btw, this hint is awesome. stop complaining because it's making you think. and if it really is a rick roll, then lol

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hm.... I may provide 1 or 2 additional pieces to this hint later. Some people were taking the hint in some... interesting directions to say the least.

Napilopez

Smash Lord

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Hm.... I may provide 1 or 2 additional pieces to this hint later. Some people were taking the hint in some... interesting directions to say the least.
Because we're awesome. Especially me cause I gots

2000 posts!

Yay for me.

Text hints or what? It should be another video seemingly unrelated to this one. I'd just love that.

:052:

kupo15

Smash Hero
A quote from sonic adventure 2 Battle's song

"Rollin around at the speed of sound, got places to go gotta follow the rainbow"

Or something like that....

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Just leave the hint as is. People need to learn to think once in awhile, and just piling on more info will either overload their brains or make it clear as day.

The only thing I really want to know is...

Please tell me this is not a Rickroll or a super-obvious-super-lame-Captain-Falcon type hint. :(

Text hints or what? It should be another video seemingly unrelated to this one. I'd just love that.
10agrees (If you have to put up a hint, I mean. >_>)

Also, gratz. :)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
But there's a difference between difficulty and impossibility, and if this hint relates to nothing, this is hardly a hint at all. <_>

I think it's a little to early to be calling the BS card before we explore every avenue of the remaining characters, as well as this song.
Fair enough. HOWEVER -

Update #25: ?????

9/22/08

Due to complaints on how easy the past hints were, I've created quite possibly the most difficult and obtuse hint yet. I don't expect many people to get this. Have fun :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKAIlrkSZOg (2:44)
Hint be up.

In all honesty, I have no idea how I came up with this. I'm looking forward to seeing what'll happen.

Where does Samurai use the word character? He always refers to a character in some manner when he makes the hint. He didn't do that this week.

My problem with assuming that there is a character this week is that it would be impossible to guess which one. 2:44 has numerical significance to a lot of people, and the song indicates Jiggs. 2:44 specifically could be a sonic reference with all the blue and the rolling. It could be a guy dressed like fox, with "rollin'" refering to doing a barrel roll. It could be DK because of the rap. It could be Pokemon trainer because of the guy's posture.

Or it could be a rickroll, hidden in a famously badly reviewed song about "rollin'," at a specific point where the singers sing "rollin'" to a guy dancing in an ugly suit. Samurai was "rick rollin'" us.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
It's actually rather ingenious how many things this fits.... what the hell? SamPan's into Limp Bizkit. That's CLEARLY what's going on here.

Well it seems like he and the random guys off the street have places to go? That was a stretch but the rollin...i really have no idea
I thought they were just... cruisin'

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Dude its so Wario.

He rides in a pimp car and bike
His uptilt he put his hands up and many of his attacks are hand oriented not to mention his taunt.
A guy even throws a west side gang sign. Like wario
The lyric "old school soldier"

Can i pick the next one?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Where does Samurai use the word character? He always refers to a character in some manner when he makes the hint. He didn't do that this week.
Then what will he write next to "Update" next week? "You Just Got Rick Rolled"? That ain't a character (note that this is a "character discussion").

And if the hint is really an empty shell, what is the SBR going to discuss all week? How Rick is such a terrible character, in that he has both the inability to run and attack?

I reallllllly hope it isn't a Rickroll. :urg:

Top Bottom