• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Ace55

Smash Lord
This hint is so obviously meant for Yoshi that I'm going to say: anyone but Yoshi. I just don't believe the SBR would put up this hint and then actually have it be Yoshi. It's just too easy.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
It looks like it could be Ness. If nothing else, mastering PKT2 certainly takes practice, and I believe there are numerous tricks he can pull with PK Fire. And Ness mains definitely seem determined to show that their character is the best. Or so I heard.

Obligatory Lucas mention because I use him. <_<

Charizard92

Smash Champion
yay my turn again

whos left...

DK, Fox, IC, Ike, Jiggs, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Ness, Olimar, Peach, PT, Sheik, Sonic, Wario, Yoshi, ZSS

Who has more potential than the others... (who isnt wario) all imo of course,
IC, Jiggs, Luigi, Mario, Ness, Olimar, Peach, PT, Sonic, Yoshi

Who requires technical skill...
IC, Luigi, Ness, Olimar, Peach, Sonic, Yoshi

Who is desperate to prove thier character has this potential..
Luigi, Olimar, Sonic, Yoshi

Tricks galore?
Luigi, Sonic, Yoshi

and who is scary?
I think only Luigi fits that criteria

Yeah, well, with PT, you need some technical skill to get around the fatigue mechanic, so I'm not so sure about the scary bit, but PT fills more criteria than you know.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
yay my turn again

whos left...

DK, Fox, IC, Ike, Jiggs, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Ness, Olimar, Peach, PT, Sheik, Sonic, Wario, Yoshi, ZSS

Who has more potential than the others... (who isnt wario) all imo of course,
IC, Jiggs, Luigi, Mario, Ness, Olimar, Peach, PT, Sonic, Yoshi

Who requires technical skill...
IC, Luigi, Ness, Olimar, Peach, Sonic, Yoshi

Who is desperate to prove thier character has this potential..
Luigi, Olimar, Sonic, Yoshi

Tricks galore?
Luigi, Sonic, Yoshi

and who is scary?
I think only Luigi fits that criteria

In what way does Luigi require technical skill? I can see your point in everything else, but i don't think Luigi fits that category...

Yeah, well, with PT, you need some technical skill to get around the fatigue mechanic, ...
Could you explain? I see where skill would be needed, but I don't see where that relates to "technical" skill.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
I'd guess Weegee or Olimar. Olimar because most players suck horribly with him when they first try him, and so drop him thinking he's a bad character. Weegee just because he has like 4 save moves (Could be considered technical).

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
What is the definition of technical? And ya Luigi's recovery really does pwn :D Side B, Jump, Down B, Up B :)

Hopefully the SBR isn't using reverse psychology on us who are guessing Yoshi :(

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Relatively unknown to most smashers, this character has tricks galore that can take people by surprise when they play against someone with actual skill, but finding those people can be difficult as there aren't many.
The main reason why it isn't ICs (highlighted in bold). CGs are pretty much their only trick, and no one is going to be taken "by surprise" if 80% of the Smashboards populace (100% in non-scrub tournaments, where the hint's actually matter) know about those chaingrabs. The last time I heard "Holy crap, that IC can chaingrab even better than my DeDeDe! When the hell did this happen?" was never.

This hint is so obviously meant for Yoshi that I'm going to say: anyone but Yoshi. I just don't believe the SBR would put up this hint and then actually have it be Yoshi. It's just too easy.
This right here is pretty much the only doubt in my mind that it isn't Yoshi; it's TOO Yoshi. I have a bad feeling the SBR's trying to mindgame us into thinking that it's Yoshi, when it really isn't.

However, what if the SBR realizes this, and is using reverse reverse psychology on us in that it actually IS Yoshi, like the Captain Falcon hint? Which makes it another possibility that they're using reverse reverse reverse psychology on us and that it ISN'T Yoshi. And then...

No. I did the exact same thing last time with Sheik (as in I guessed Sheik for the Pit hint) by, instead of analyzing the character itself (not that I didn't; I played the Devil's advocate for her "gimpable recovery" when I didn't really belive it myself), analyzed the people making the hint, and based my conclusion more on that than the actual character. So, I'm just going to block out the SBR and their mindgames and their "It's Mewtwo" and I'm going to have some cake. And when I get back, there better be a nice tall glass of Yoshi sitting on the counter waiting for me, or I will become an hero. It's your call, SBR. Yoshi for Hint #22.
The cake is a lie. It's actually bread. Hands off
Please. Just kiddin on that an hero, btw.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Lol. It's Yoshi don't worry :) if it's not, what a cruel joke you made SBR! SHAME!!! lol jk.

u see, when they made the hint about the manliest character, we said it was obviously Falcon but most of us started thinking of others instead. It turned out to be Falcon. Same with Mewtwo/Lucario :) and if it's 'TOO' Yoshi, it has to be him. It can't be any other character. If it is, all of us will rise up and rebel against the evil SBR and upthrow their thrown and slaughter its Imperial Emperor of all Wii Consoles with Brawl in it and create a new nation - one of peace - and harmony.

jk... Come on its Yoshi. ANSWER PL0X :D you see, Dazwa kept guessing Mewtwo, and I guessed Mewtwo and Yoshi quite a lot too, so may be theres some kind of connection. When he said it was Mewtwo it was finally Mewtwo. Now he, with Ankoku, says its Yoshi. So it must be Yoshi :) If it's not, then Ankoku and Dazwa tricked/lied to us :)

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Lol. Remember, respect the Purple Names. Especially Dazwa :D

It's Yoshi!!!

Isaac... idk... itd be a little hard to make a hint for him since he has only 1 attack :D (jking lol).

Luigi player

Smash Master
Seems like it could be Ness. I'm not sure if Yoshi has that much potential... but there was this wavedash AT with him which is pretty hard so I dunno.

Whoever mentioned Luigi needs technical skill... um, well, I disagree with you. Really, Luigi has like no ATs, he can't do anything else besides the basic stuff.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
It looks like it could be Ness. If nothing else, mastering PKT2 certainly takes practice, and I believe there are numerous tricks he can pull with PK Fire. And Ness mains definitely seem determined to show that their character is the best. Or so I heard.
I have empirical evidence that mastering PKT2 takes negligence. I've only become worse at using it since the game released in March. :confused:

And no I don't use Lucas.

Anyway, I just realized that the hint almost contradicts itself. It says the character is unknown, but has blatantly obvious potential.

Blatantly obvious means it's clear that the char could be good, and it could only be clear if it was evident in his non-advanced moveset.
Yet the character is unknown. So what character is it that could clearly have what it takes to get up, yet be such that, unless no one finds the ATs to do it (AT knowledge being specialized and thus partially cryptic), people do not and will not use him, and he will go unknown?

So I'm quite sure now that it's Yoshi, Ness, or PT. Yoshi has the weight and the versatility to have potential, PT has. . . I'm sorry PT is also underrepresented in my matches but I guess the pokemon are really good at being annoying when you're using the right one for the job, and Ness has a quick and powerful moveset.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
It doesn't contradict from my standpoint.

It means that the character is unknown because few play or have played him.
Those who actually look (not deep look but actually just look) see potential.
As in the potential isn't obvious because people just plain didn't look, instead just glanced.

So this character is low key, unknown because little have experience with him, his potential IS obvious but either ignored or obvious once you look for a second, just like if you just look at a lake the idea that there is fish in there may not be obvious, but if you stand next to the water and just look through it, OMFG FISH.

Which makes it Yoshi or PT.

But it's Yoshi.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
It doesn't contradict from my standpoint.

It means that the character is unknown because few play or have played him.
Those who actually look (not deep look but actually just look) see potential.
As in the potential isn't obvious because people just plain didn't look, instead just glanced.
If that is what is meant by the two descriptions, then I think you're absolutely right, that knocks Ness off the list.

I'm leaning towards "It's Yoshi to shut the Yoshi people up." :psycho:

So which one is better described as technical? PT or Yoshi? I'm sure they're both technical. Which one deserves that description and which one another?

infomon

Smash Scientist
It's Updjo

SOLVE THAT RIDDLE
To quoth Sonic, "Too easy -- piece of cake!"
You mistyped Yoshi by hitting every key to the right.
I know it's obvious but just cuz there are a lot of n00bs on this board... thought I'd settle it right now :)

Also, Yoshi is seeming more and more plausible for this hint...... hmmm.....

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts

♥It just screams Peach cause anyone that can stab through fat men are technical.♥;)

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Lol jiggly.

yay a riddle Dazwa!!! W007! lol. too bad i read infzy's post before i tried solving it lol. o well. nice FATALITY pic. That word seems to be becoming a lot more popular now XD

EW at first, for the pic, i thought wario was chewing on Peach and so there was blood, but now i see that Peach is stabbing him thru... graphic :( lol. Yoshi FTW!!! Come on, there are more people always defending Yoshi than PT. Dont you ever check the Tier List Discussion? Well may be you wont see as many defending him now as people may have gotten tired of always having to defend Yoshi, but if you look back at like 800 or so then you'll find a lot :)

and i'd say that PT's hint would talk more about choice, (cus of intelligence and knowledge of which pokemon to use), also talk a little of frustration (since you might want to change ur pokemon but u cant since they can punish u, and may be they havent died in 2 minutes so ur pokemon is tired) and talk about balance... it'd talk may be of his potential, he has placed a couple high tournies... as for yoshi, there really is no other way to describe him without making the hint seem way to vauge and general like many past ones.

edit: wait... was the hint changed? it was posted on 9/1/08, but it says he edited it yesterday, and since my today is 9/3, yesterday is 9/2 therefore something was changed. if anyone notices somethign in there that they think is dif or something then plz tell us others :) or of course SP could have just posted a link for Pit or something. grammer... lol

and also Dazwa said its Yoshi so its Yoshi :D

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
the hint made me think of ness and yoshi, however, it's going to be ness since they said the mains are rare, ness mains are rare at tournaments, yoshi mains don't show up to tournaments, so they aren't rare so much as nonexistent. maybe pikachu, but i think theres a total of 1 pikachu main that uses his tricks. both pikachu and ness can be scary too

after playing melee1 and a few other ice climbers, they aren't really tricky so much as good

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
This first point about being scary obviously means it's Ganondorf again.
Nothing's scarier than a 10-foot tall black man wearing a cape.

Browny

Smash Hater
Seems like it could be Ness. I'm not sure if Yoshi has that much potential... but there was this wavedash AT with him which is pretty hard so I dunno.

Whoever mentioned Luigi needs technical skill... um, well, I disagree with you. Really, Luigi has like no ATs, he can't do anything else besides the basic stuff.
Just controlling Luigi with his traction is difficult. having to deal with him being knocked off stages from simply blocking attacks, and his horrible air movement speed make approaching quite difficult if its not spaced absolutely perfectly. it may not necessarily be technical, but hes much harder to use than most characters who are able to punish from a shield

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I tell you its Ike Eisenhower!!!

People like Ike because he fights for his friends!

On all seriousness I still do think its Ike.

Top Bottom