• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ike isn't very technically difficult though.

the most technically difficult thing I've done with Ike was a manual counter-B-reversal.

M3ta 0wnt

Smash Rookie
I've always found Ike to be not so hard to beat. As a Meta knight player, Ike is easy to overwelm with short hop attacks and tornados. Ike is also easy to defend against as well (well at least for me) because of his slow moves. Now I'm not saying Ike is a bad characte, he just doesn't have a very complex moveset.
And about Meta knight. It was said it was hard for him to KO people. That is true, but if you can just smash someone off the stage a little, you can use your superior jumping power to intercept quite easily while there trying to recover. And with characters with worse recoveries such as marth, edge hogging is just as easy.

DeathNote

Smash Apprentice
Fixed!!!!

I've always found most of the tier list to be not so hard to beat. As a Meta knight player, most of the characters on the tier list are easy to overwelm with short hop attacks and the tornado which has one of THE highest priorities in the game .
Fixed

10fixes

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Because i called it forever ago that they may pull a omg why did you guys believe me? -.- though to be quite honest it still looks like yoshi regardless. just dont expect guys in purple to always tell the truth.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
lol nice pic. HAH i just noticed it said tarp instead of trap. If it isn't Yoshi then I'm not counting it as an incorrect on my streak :) cus i trust the SBR and Dazwa is saying its Yoshi.

Yoshi woot!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Because i called it forever ago that they may pull a omg why did you guys believe me? -.- though to be quite honest it still looks like yoshi regardless. just dont expect guys in purple to always tell the truth.
Nonsense, we never lie. It's definitely Yoshi.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I think it's Ice Climbers.

Yoshi isn't really "scary" to some people. In fact most people underestimate him.

The Ice Climbers on the other hand...as soon as you see them you think "OMG CHAIN GRABS!"

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok17
If it isn't Yoshi then I'm not counting it as an incorrect on my streak

Then I'll count it against you for you.

But I won't.

Because it's Yoshi.
ok then :)

but really, to those saying its IC: i would say ICs too (but the purples r saying its yoshi) but the thing is, the hint says they have potential right NOW, implying that recently they've gained a lot of potential. ICs always have potential because of desynched combos and such. So ya I dont think its ICs really. Also, i think some of you people are looking at the 'scary to some' too hard. It says CAN be scary to SOME people. and scary isnt a thing thats a fact, its an opinion, so dont look at that sentence so much. any char can be scary to some people. I hope the answer comes out not late :)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
It's most likely ICs.

The description makes the character sound pretty solid/good and has a lot of potential. That's the opposite of what Yoshi is.

Flame on.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
IC's, Yoshi, or Peach. Yeah, I'm going to say Peach every time, and I'm going to be right!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I said "a lot of potential". The opposite of that would be little potential... which pretty much sums up Yoshi.

Mmac

Smash Lord
You're telling me that a WaveDash, 0% Kills on the more dominating characters, and tons of Grab Release Options are "Little" Potential?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

You're telling me that a WaveDash
His "wavedash" is worse the walking. This double jump tech existed in every smash game, for the record.
, 0% Kills on the more dominating characters
0% kills = LOL
You'd think that a character that can do that... would do decent in tournaments, regardless of the amount of people who play him, right?
, and tons of Grab Release Options are "Little" Potential?
Many characters in general have a good amount of Grab Release options... and the fact that they're almost always never 100% guaranteed doesn't make them completely reliable.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

His "wavedash" is worse the walking. This double jump tech existed in every smash game, for the record.
0% kills = LOL
You'd think that a character that can do that... would do decent in tournaments, regardless of the amount of people who play him, right?

Many characters in general have a good amount of Grab Release options... and the fact that they're almost always never 100% guaranteed doesn't make them completely reliable.
SamuraPanda himself said that Yoshi had potential in the tier thread up thar. And also...

How could you think Yoshi is bad after playing Pride?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You're telling me that a WaveDash, 0% Kills on the more dominating characters, and tons of Grab Release Options are "Little" Potential?
Wow, all that and Yoshi is still underused? I wonder why.

WTF PEOPLE, START USING HIM!

SamuraPanda himself said that Yoshi had potential in the tier thread up thar. And also...
SamuraiPanda changes his minds every now and then. Just look at how he placed Yoshi in Low in his 'personal-before-official-release' tier list he made a week ago.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
One person said he has potential, and one other person used to play him.

....ok?

Also, I don't play NJ players, not anymore :/

*pound* @ Dekuu

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Just because Pride did well with Yoshi doesn't mean that Yoshi is a better character overall, Thio. That's like saying that Chu Dat's (Melee) ICs should be god tier simply because he played them very well (and pretty much pioneered them, but that's beside my point). Last time I checked, Pride finished 17th at a major tournament while playing Yoshi (FAST 1). First place went to a...MK? Dedede? And mind you, everybody at the tourney thought that Pride's Yoshi was beast.

Smooth Criminal

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Yoshi fanboys, stop arguing and flaming people , Yoshi is just not a good character. Accept it and move on. When you argue against "Yoshi doesn't have much potential", you are pretty much saying that you are a huge noob and don't know what you're talking about.

infomon

Smash Scientist
0% kills = LOL
To be fair, you can have 0% kill techs that are just massively difficult to pull off. Like ICs, but without all their other strengths :laugh: Not sure if it's the case for Yoshi though... but just sayin'.

... I'm agreeing with you, I guess :ohwell:

Off-topic: ICs have the strongest smash in the game ftw :laugh:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Okay.

1) Yoshi's out of shield game sucks. While it hasn't been that great in any of the Smash games, he particularly suffers for it in Brawl.

2) Draconic Reverse isn't that much better than walking and is little more than a modified boost smash.

3) Mediocre priority all around the board.

4) Not a terribly spammy projectile.

If anybody else wants to start going down the list, feel free to add on.

Smooth Criminal

Mmac

Smash Lord
2) Draconic Reverse isn't that much better than walking and is little more than a modified boost smash.
It can make him go almost fast as Sonic's Natural Running speed when used in a multiple succession quickly, and can use any attack out of it.

.... or so Chaco tells me, Haven't really learn DR's myself

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Nobody has to list reasons, Yoshi is, without a doubt, a bottom tier character, and one of the worst in the game. Anybody who argues otherwise is pretty much a noob or just a biased fanboy who doesn't know what he / she is talking about.

Top Bottom