• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
stuff

Also, Pit's difficulty in KOing really isn't as apparent as it is in Lucario.

more stuff

Lucario's #19. I'm sure of it now.
And you are a Lucario mainer? Pit has like 3 reliable kill moves, and even those are quite weak and predictable. Lucario has like what, 5+ kill moves, one of those being a projectile and the others having disjointed hitboxes.

Why everyones wants his main to be each week's discussed character?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Update #19: ?????

8/19/08

This character is definitely a fun one to play, and those who play this character seem quite dedicated to the character. There aren't too many top players who use this character, but those who decide to main the character can generally use the character well, and you'll see a couple placing fairly high in tournaments (if not much higher, in some cases). When the game first came out, many people thought the character had much potential but the character's difficulty KO'ing was going to hold the character back from being too good. However, those people have been proved wrong with time as the people who play the character have proven the character can definitely get KOs. Also, patient users can make this character better than most people expected.

Can you guess this week's character?
u guys its snake!!! hes realy fun 2 play! not many ppl play him but u can get gud with him! believe me! snake always places hi in tourneys. he had lots of potentail when the game came out but he couldnt kill cuz his side a was to slow. i hav seen some good snakes though. they kill its good. using snake patient makes him unexpected.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
u guys its snake!!! hes realy fun 2 play! not many ppl play him but u can get gud with him! believe me! snake always places hi in tourneys. he had lots of potentail when the game came out but he couldnt kill cuz his side a was to slow. i hav seen some good snakes though. they kill its good. using snake patient makes him unexpected.
This has made my day. if i didnt already have a sig, i would put it in my sig.

kown

Smash Lord

Update #19: ?????

8/19/08

This character is definitely a fun one to play, and those who play this character seem quite dedicated to the character. There aren't too many top players who use this character, but those who decide to main the character can generally use the character well, and you'll see a couple placing fairly high in tournaments (if not much higher, in some cases). When the game first came out, many people thought the character had much potential but the character's difficulty KO'ing was going to hold the character back from being too good. However, those people have been proved wrong with time as the people who play the character have proven the character can definitely get KOs. Also, patient users can make this character better than most people expected.

Can you guess this week's character?

I want it to be pit but when he edited the post i think he made it more obvious by saying "patient" users play this char ebtter. There are a lot of pits that play agressive and lose but ive seen the patient players "spammers" usually win.

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
Sonic, people think hes fun to play as, when he was announced into the game, everyone said he would be great, and he doesn't have many KO moves

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's not ZSS, her side B kills at about 100% to 120% on most.
It KOs Mario at 140% from the middle of FD fresh without DI. Half the cast won't even die off the side at that point. It has an angle of 45 degrees, so properly DI'd, you can go up at probably around 80 degrees. At that angle, you're more likely to die off the top, so gravity begins to take an effect, and even more characters become less likely to be KO'd by the move. Finally, Plasma Whip is Zamus' most often used move easily, so it could be decayed all the way down to, say, 62% or so of it's fresh knockback, meaning it'll KO much, much later. Generally speaking, this move doesn't KO unless used off the stage on a recovering opponent.

This was picked up on early on, and not just by ZSS mains. Bair and fair are generally more reliable as KO moves.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'd just like to point out that it's considerably harder to win quickly as Sonic than it has been for me with any other character. It gets on my nerves sometimes that when I choose Falcon or Ike against a crappy player, I can get 1-2minute rounds, even if I die once or twice. But then I choose Sonic and pull off a 3stock but the game lasts from 2:30-4 minutes.

You people who think that just because Sonic's a fast character that patience has nothing to do with it... `.`;

However, that is not what the hint is talking about, patiencewise, so it's not Sonic. right?? right???!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
However, that is not what the hint is talking about, patiencewise, so it's not Sonic. right?? right???!
Patient users can make this character better than expected.....

Don't most people think that camping is how Pit is played? That means having patience just lets you play Pit the way people expect you to.

Also. I'm not saying you're saying it's Pit. Just pointing that out for the Pit arguement.

AlexX

Smash Ace
I'm actually tempted to vote Olimar for this. The whole hint matches him well, possibly barring the part about people thinking he has problems KO-ing at first... I can't remember if people said he had issues with KO-ing at first, just that most were worried his recovery would come back to haunt him.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
C: Pikachu, (Ice Climbers, Pit, Olimar, Peach), (Zero Suit Samus, Wolf), Ike, (Lucas, Sonic, Fox)

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
actually, diddy kong was thought to be overpowered before games release, didnt seem to have great ko moves at first, requires lots of patience(banana handling anyone?), most players love playing him and get dedicated, is underplayed but the few that do play him do very well very often, especially in the pro leagues

so im saying diddy kong(unlike all you sonic conformists)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Before the game released in America? Or the release itself? (E4All)

Because some characters were awesome back in the E4All.

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
Im saying ZSS, diddy, mario (has he been coverd already?), or sonic, and then maybe wario

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Again, we are talking about a character to whom the initial reaction was "They have some potential, but can't KO well."

That's not Wario, nor is it Olimar.

It MIGHT be Lucario just because some people didn't understand how much knockback he gets when his % goes up, but that's a long shot.

Peach, Pit and Sonic are still the most likely.

Top Bottom