• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Tenki

Smash Hero
;o I misread the hint (lol, as did other people with the "not simply good" and the "simply not good" deal) and went on an Ike powertrip bwahaha.

Bowser playstyle uses more specials than your general Ike playstyle, which is more spacing with F-air, jabs, and N-airs, with only an eventual (insert special move) here.

;__; hate to sound like a bandwagon but I renounce Ike and support the idea that Bowser is this week.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Like I said, Ike can use Eruption to kill MK at ghey percents, that's it. Counter is ****ing awful, quick draw is pretty much useless for anything aside from some situational stuff, and aether isn't exactly a huge integral part of his fighting style.

The whole Yoshi **** would be way more legit if it wasn't for the fact his specials are garbage.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lT'S A TRAP!

@fox: it could happen :laugh:

i give up on this week.

Update #17: ?????

8/04/08

Many people are convinced that this character has no potential, and have barely put time into learning the character. But it seems a select few have seen this character's potential, and are taking it to the next level. Surprisingly enough, this character may even have the potential to put up a fight against characters like MK, but not many people would attest to that. With effective tilts/smashes/aerials that can be punished if missed or blocked, you should make every attack with this character count. This character also has some specials that are great, and are nearly essential to using this character well. And they can be used for catching the opponent by surprise. Even with all of these attributes, taking this character to the next level requires skill, patience, and consistency. A single mistake can put you on the defensive for quite a while, and could even lead to your death if the opponent is good at edgeguarding.

Can you guess who next week's character is?
he edited it because the wording was screwing people up, hahaha.

Mmac

Smash Lord
The whole Yoshi **** would be way more legit if it wasn't for the fact his specials are garbage.
His specials are not completely garbage. His egg's are a pretty good projectile, and works good as a Counter-Projectile, Anti-Air, Edgeguard, and just to put pressure on opponents. Plus Short Hop weak horizontal egg to Uair is just an awesome setup.

DownB is actually quite good, and when used on the ground, works very good as a surprise attacks, especially if they come from the air. Plus it can be used to sweetspot the ledge, then use Ledge Cancel Eggs to pester opponents in cover. Not to mention a Jab to DownB combo is just extremely hard to see coming. Not to mention that it's impossible to punish a Point Blank Ground DownB also.

SideB isn't that great, but it still got its uses. It can rack up quite a bit of damage at low percents by comboing, Is ok when there's an opening, and works good as an escape too.

NeutralB is.... well, Useless. It's really only that helpful against Olimar and the Ice Climbers. but other than that, complete waste. They escape in less than a second even at 200%, but everyone has their share of near useless specials I guess...

Maybe Bowser, but Yoshi is still not out of the question.

Tenki

Smash Hero
His specials are not completely garbage. His egg's are a pretty good projectile, and works good as a Counter-Projectile, Anti-Air, Edgeguard, and just to put pressure on opponents. Plus Short Hop weak horizontal egg to Uair is just an awesome setup.

DownB is actually quite good, and when used on the ground, works very good as a surprise attacks, especially if they come from the air. Plus it can be used to sweetspot the ledge, then use Ledge Cancel Eggs to pester opponents in cover. Not to mention a Jab to DownB combo is just extremely hard to see coming. Not to mention that it's impossible to punish a Point Blank Ground DownB also.

SideB isn't that great, but it still got its uses. It can rack up quite a bit of damage at low percents by comboing, Is ok when there's an opening, and works good as an escape too.

NeutralB is.... well, Useless. It's really only that helpful against Olimar and the Ice Climbers. but other than that, complete waste. They escape in less than a second even at 200%, but everyone has their share of near useless specials I guess...

Maybe Bowser, but Yoshi is still not out of the question.
However, the new hint says the specials are great lol.

Also, NeutralB isn't that useless. So they escape in under a second. If you do it near the edge and read their DI and escape height, isn't that a free F-air,U-air, or N-air?

Mmac

Smash Lord
Also, NeutralB isn't that useless. So they escape in under a second. If you do it near the edge and read their DI and escape height, isn't that a free F-air,U-air, or N-air?
Nope. Trust me, it's pretty useless. Although it can "Grab" with a sweetspot tip, the tip is too small to be rather useful.

And Bowser aren't 100% good either anyways. Bowser's DownB is like Yoshi's, except just bad. It's hard to kill with (They can airdodge out of the way actually after the riseup hit), and it's much more punishable. NeutralB isn't that great, but it's got its uses. His SideB is a great move, but can backfire sometimes due to the opponent you're grabbing having control also. They can contest a Bowsercide, or even cause one when they're in the lead.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Nope. Trust me, it's pretty useless. Although it can "Grab" with a sweetspot tip, the tip is too small to be rather useful.

And Bowser aren't 100% good either anyways. Bowser's DownB is like Yoshi's, except just bad. It's hard to kill with (They can airdodge out of the way actually after the riseup hit), and it's much more punishable. NeutralB isn't that great, but it's got its uses. His SideB is a great move, but can backfire sometimes due to the opponent you're grabbing having control also. They can contest a Bowsercide, or even cause one when they're in the lead.
But he has Bowserbomb ledghogging/stall/whatever and klaw jumping or whatever they call that move. Burninate is a pretty good edgeguarding damage and spacing tool, too. Side-B isn't only a suicide tool, lol.

Therefore, Fox. 10bowsers

Mmac

Smash Lord
But he has Bowserbomb ledghogging/stall/whatever and klaw jumping or whatever they call that move. Burninate is a pretty good edgeguarding damage and spacing tool, too. Side-B isn't only a suicide tool, lol.
Yoshi can do the same thing with his DownB... SideB Hoping is useful, but I already said it was a great move. And again, his Fire isn't that great, but it has its uses. I know SideB isn't for suiciding, though most High Level Bowser's i've played used it as such for an easy kill when in the lead, to sacrifice a Critical % to kill someone at minimal damage, or simply for the win. It's a good attack, but the suicide can be prevented, or even worse, the player can cause a suicide if he has a stock advantage

we only have one more day anyways....

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
OK,so i was kinda kidding about it being fox, but then i had some second thoughs, being:

Many people are convinced that this character has no potential, and have barely put time into learning the character. this is because, like sheik, the huge drop in tiers as well as his heavy nerfs scince melee,

But it seems a select few have seen this character's potential, and are taking it to the next level. Surprisingly enough, this character may even have the potential to put up a fight against characters like MK. metaknight seems to be the olny true tough opponet for fox,but is at most an equal match-up

but not many people would attest to that. With effective tilts/smashes/aerials that can be punished if missed or blocked, you should make every attack with this character count. up tilt being most effictive,dsmash and usmash aswell,and can easily be countered if missed

This character also has some specials that are great, and are nearly essential to using this character well. And they can be used for catching the opponent by surprise. shine,illusion,and firefox are great,and are very essential for recovery and mind games

Even with all of these attributes, taking this character to the next level requires skill, patience, and consistency. A single mistake can put you on the defensive for quite a while, and could even lead to your death if the opponent is good at edge guarding. compared to melee,fox is harder to pick up than he is now,and against a good edge guarder, fox is easily gimp able

in short,fox isint as great as he used to be,and alot of people think he'll never be the god he was in melee.

M@v

Subarashii!
This isnt fox, mainly because his recovery is hard to edguard and you can get on offensive quickly. And he wasnt majorly nerfed since melee..in fact did you know fox has an advantage on snake?

Snail

Smash Lord
This isnt fox, mainly because his recovery is hard to edguard and you can get on offensive quickly. And he wasnt majorly nerfed since melee..in fact did you know fox has an advantage on snake?
Well, he went from dominating the entire cast in Melee to an about average character in Brawl. I'd call that majorly nerfed, but whatever.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
I think its King Boozer this time folks.And I enjoy that everyweek,a lot of people come and say everytime is Yoshi.

Mmac

Smash Lord
And I enjoy that everyweek,a lot of people come and say everytime is Yoshi.
Nobody has been guessing Yoshi in like a month. The last hint that was close to describing Yoshi was Samus. And it's pretty much the same deal here.

Snail

Smash Lord
Well, lots of people suck at reading hints and yell it's their main even though it doesn't fit. Although it interests me to see how many people keep saying it's Olimar EVERY TIME even if it doesn't fit AT ALL.

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
i think its fox or bowser.

i can see where yoshi fits the description, but i just dont think its him.....or her

and then theres that slightest of a chance its shiek, cause all of her specials are great, and essential (vanish for recovery and some KO's, needles for racking up, whip for racking up, and that weird technique giving the whip the strength of any of her other moves by some sort of cancelling (i really dont know much about that though) and transform is prolly her best kill move XD)

and what about PT

....im just throwin out ideas......

Snail

Smash Lord
Many people are convinced that this character has no potential, and have barely put time into learning the character. But it seems a select few have seen this character's potential, and are taking it to the next level. Surprisingly enough, this character may even have the potential to put up a fight against characters like MK, but not many people would attest to that. With effective tilts/smashes/aerials that can be punished if missed or blocked, you should make every attack with this character count. This character also has some specials that are great, and are nearly essential to using this character well. And they can be used for catching the opponent by surprise. Even with all of these attributes, taking this character to the next level requires skill, patience, and consistency. A single mistake can put you on the defensive for quite a while, and could even lead to your death if the opponent is good at edgeguarding.

I don't think Sheik is punishable to the extent that you'll be on the defensive for a long time after missing a single tilt or aerial. Sheik is in fact, nearly lagless. So I seriously doubt it's her.

As for PT, I can't imagine they wouldn't give him a hint about his great versatility and the strategy required to play him. Also... I don't think he stands a chance against MK. The hint also mentions edgeguarding, and that doesn't fit Sheik and Pokémon Trainer because Sheik's upB is hard to edgeguard and PT has three different recoveries. :/

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Bowser, everything fits. I don't think it is Fox, because he is really put on the defensive.

Top Bottom