• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

isomorphism

Smash Cadet
Mmac, I explained it to you long ago, and people have now provided you with references. You are the only person who continues to deliberately misunderstand the sentence. The sentence is technically ambiguous but the meaning is pretty clear. If you don't think Yoshi's specials are good enough to satisfy the actual meaning of the hint, then you probably shouldn't keep pushing the idea that it's him; if you do think they're good enough, go ahead and explain it. But stop trying to debate perfectly clear English.

Sliq

Smash Master
Mmac, I explained it to you long ago, and people have now provided you with references. You are the only person who continues to deliberately misunderstand the sentence. The sentence is technically ambiguous but the meaning is pretty clear. If you don't think Yoshi's specials are good enough to satisfy the actual meaning of the hint, then you probably shouldn't keep pushing the idea that it's him; if you do think they're good enough, go ahead and explain it. But stop trying to debate perfectly clear English.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Mmac, I explained it to you long ago, and people have now provided you with references.
Sliq =/= People. He is a person, and pretty much the only one posting reasons why. Plus it's hard to accept from a person who also at the same time constantly bashing you because he can somehow understand a poorly written correlative conjunction.

You are the only person who continues to deliberately misunderstand the sentence.
I'm not trying to deliberately do anything. The **** thing was just poorly written. I can list 5 different people who thought the same way I did because of this confusion.

The sentence is technically ambiguous but the meaning is pretty clear.
The meaning was not clear. I would have recognized what it said if it was clearer, like what it's now, or actually use "Only" in that sentence. What he had before made no sense and I have no idea how you can actually recognized what he was saying in the first place. I'm not some pathetic 10 year old who can't read complete sentences.

If you don't think Yoshi's specials are good enough to satisfy the actual meaning of the hint, then you probably shouldn't keep pushing the idea that it's him;
Ok, I'm not some random fanboi trying to hijack the thread. Again, the sentence was poorly written. So because I'm wrong, I'm now branded as some Yoshi Troll, even though I said it could be either of the 3? Plus if you're talking about Hijacking, then what do you think Sliq is doing? He's been doing nothing but flaming everyone who doesn't agree with him, and not allowing to let other people share their opinions. It's nothing more than Fascism!

if you do think they're good enough, go ahead and explain it. But stop trying to debate perfectly clear English.
Perfectly Clear? are you kidding me? Again, said sentence is not Clear!

Plus I'm surprised Sliq isn't even banned in the first place.

Scala

Smash Ace
Raise your hands if you know what this means:

Panda you totally should have left it this **** is awesome edrama.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Sliq is right, he's going to shout that he's right, if you disagree, then why give a ****, seriously.

Sliq is right though, lol. I had no trouble reading that hint what so ever.

Sliq

Smash Master
I didn't flame anyone until you showed up, misreading sentences and acting a fool.

Mmac

Smash Lord
It is fucking BOWSER.
"It's obviously Yoshi because I'm ******** and think Yoshi has not only GOOD specials, but necessary specials, never mind the fact that almost all of his specials suck ass and are hardly used."

"It's obviously Mario because his aerials are easily punished (they aren't) and half of his specials are garbage."

"It's obviously Ike because Ike has good specials (he doesn't) and obviously does well against MK, despite doing very badly against MK."

Seriously, everyone in this thread is this kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9o5_W6hn9k

You are all ********.
O RLY?

10proofs

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Yeah, but here's the thing Mmac, he was basically stating his frustration, he wasn't really flaming anyone that seriously.

And you cant say his reasons in that second statement weren't valid, lol. He understood the hint, get over it.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Yeah, but here's the thing Mmac, he was basically stating his frustration, he wasn't really flaming anyone that seriously.
I dunno, I think calling everyone "Specials" is consider flaming.

Besides, it's a guessing thing. He shouldn't be frustrated because we're each entitled to our own opinions. I don't think it's Donkey Kong, but I don't go berserk on everyone who guessed that like Turbo Ether

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I dunno, I think calling everyone "Specials" is consider flaming.

Besides, it's a guessing thing. He shouldn't be frustrated because we're each entitled to our own opinions. I don't think it's Donkey Kong, but I don't go berserk on everyone who guessed that like Turbo Ether
But the thing is, Sliq is entitled to yell rude things, lol.

Eh, and the way he did it was funny as hell, so it wasn't really meant to be taken as huge insult and more of a rude joke.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Hey.....

Could it actually be Lucas?

Edit: Nah, doesn't do good against MetaKnight. Ignore post please

Mmac

Smash Lord
Bowser doesn't have a matchup thread..... or I couldn't find one...

Also Bowser was moved away from Neutral against MetaKnight into a disadvantage recently....

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Bowser doesn't have a matchup thread..... or I couldn't find one...

Also Bowser was moved away from Neutral against MetaKnight into a disadvantage recently....
What's your point? The entire hint is basically screaming that nobody/very few have reached the full potential of the character yet. The matchup being bad is just a reflection of the fact that people might not now how good Bowser can be yet.

On a side note, everyone should really take a step back and not really analyze these hints under a magnifying glass. Samurai Panda has already stated that the hints are sometimes worded to prevent it being completely obvious. (which I believe was the case with Marth) We also need to remember that the hints are probably written in less than 10 minutes and aren't meant to be picked apart.

Sliq

Smash Master
O RLY?

10proofs
Oh man! Me passionately exclaiming something DEFINITELY counts as flaming. I mean, I obviously just laid into NO ONE.

Also, the other example you provided is pretty weak sauce. Seriously, who is going to take that one seriously and get pissed about it.

"Everyone! That includes me! I'M OUTRAGED AT THIS ASSERTION! I am very much not ********, and must prove this deviant bloke is a fraud and a doofus. Have at you, insolent cur! General Baron Von Fuckhead of Stupidshire is on the way to vanquish this great evil!"

Seriously, if you count that as flaming, I'm sure you consider sneezing genocide.

Also, Bowser does well against MK because if Bowser gets a grab around 100%, Metaknight will ALWAYS die. It's all about the grab release. Land the grab, let MK break out, and down tilt. You should never really use down tilt other than after a grab release, and only to KO, so it should be fresh, and should KO. Furthermore, you can re-grab MK after both a break out AND a jump breakout, so you can let him break out and re-grab, forcing him closer to the edge of the stage, making it easier to KO.

Bowser's f-tilt goes through the tornado, and he is the heaviest in the game, so takes a lot of damage to KO. Up b out of shield punishes all mis-spaced aerials and some ground moves, albeit ground moves should be shield dropped to f tilt or shield grabbed, but up b is still an option.

Bowser's f smash can be uses to parry glide attacks because of his head cock animation, and kills at low percents. Furthermore, Bowser's up air will kill MK at around 60% before the hit, dependent on stage position. Furthermore, Bowser's down b can be used for over zealous shuttle loopers and KO's at low *** percents.

I'd still say the advantage is in MK's favor, but its not completely one sided, as is a lot of MK matches. The fact that Bowser has a guaranteed KO setup on MK at low percents is his main advantage, and the fact that Bowser can CG MK is also a plus.

Mmac

Smash Lord
What's your point?
I... actually wasn't trying to prove a point >_>

I dunno, I was hoping to find information on Bowser vs. MK, but found nothing.

Also, It used to be Neutral, but was changed 3 weeks ago. Dunno why though. I recall some people complaining about it.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I would say something about this arguement but either way Sliq would probably rip off my head.

*hides in corner*

Sliq

Smash Master
*Sigh* I thought we were over this stupid predicament.....
Not since you keep bringing it up. I don't back down when it comes to internet fights. Too many lulz to be had to leave it alone.

peeup

Smash Lord
I would say its DK...
He's good against MK, has good tilts/smashes/arials(kind of), and he's easily punishable if you miss.

Top Bottom