• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

infomon

Smash Scientist
Ah I understand now, I misunderstood the layout of gamefaqs.

Looking forward to a juicy steak discussion then, unless there's another trail I can't find....

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I said sonic was in the Sandbag bracket earlier.

Why do people ignore my posts :(

Also, for what it's worth, in the actual bracket for the contest, Sonic is in the same pool as Sandbag, and is actually directly under him. I guess that could be considered next to?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I said sonic was in the Sandbag bracket earlier.

Why do people ignore my posts :(
<_>

Oops lol. I missed it.

I guess because it was only part of a post, and not a post on its own.

And at the very bottom of the page. lol.

And what Alopex said above. In order to convince people you're right, you need AUTHORITEH.

Gratz on being first, though. :D

Also, I just realized.

If this week is indeed Sonic, I'll be on a winning steak.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's SONIC!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/cb7_bracket.html

Look at Division 8, the very first square, and the one to its right. Sonic is next to Sandbag.

SONIC!

EDIT: It's followed from this logic:

Wario is a ruse. If you keep following and look at the Character Battle 7 brackets, then you see Sonic next to Sandbag.
Like I've been saying. It's tenki. He's brock obama. He main's sonic, who loves steak. Wario, ate the steak, so tenki is masquerading as a wario main. So its wario. I mean sandshrew.
My my.

:laugh:

The question lies in whether I am part of the hint or not.
Brock is silly.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
So i google imaged search 'brock is silly' and I found the 12th result (coz thats how many numbers r in tenkis FC) and its a pic of a pumpkin, Tenki recently posted pics of megaman carved into a pumpkin in the sonic boards.
its megaman. :)

:036:
edit: apparently its gutsman.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If it's Sonic, I fully expect a review that may or may not capture his EXACT potential....and the Sonic Boards will go insane...
...with rage, right?

I'm half expecting the discussion of Sonic [regardless of when it comes] to be as bad as the Zero Suit Samus update.

The other half is steak.

RikotheFoxKid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RikoTheFoxKid
...with rage, right?

I'm half expecting the discussion of Sonic [regardless of when it comes] to be as bad as the Zero Suit Samus update.

The other half is steak.
they probably are going to screw up sonic's review really bad.

i think it's pokemon trainer (just cause it mentions misty). I haven't been in the metagame recently, so i may be (if I'm not completely) wrong.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Um, If it wasn't Wario, then it's probably not Sonic.
Who said it wasn't Wario? Actually, he was considered the most likely candidate for the hint until people figured it could be Sonic.

Only Sonic is more likely, because he actually is directly next to Sandbag in the character match-up link that was posted, whereas Wario is only somewhat "next to" Sandbag. He's at a diagonal, really. o_O

Also, this:

An important thing to note that helps confirms this is Sonic is that Hylian made another comment in the "Why is Misty?" thread, saying that the front page ads change a lot. This may indicate that the front page picture had been different from how it is now, so it may have been Sonic (or even another character) who was next to Sandbag previously. I think its best to go with this actual list of "matchups" for the answer.

It is Sonic.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I'd really rather have Sonic wait until Anther gets into the SBR. Come on guys. We KNOW he's getting in. XD

I saw vids of his Sonic recently. He's really stepping it up. GREAT use of spin cancels and I saw him knock out a MK. ^_^

Anther. If you're reading this LEARN SPINSHOT. I'm not sure if you know it or not but it can really help against Snake.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Who said it wasn't Wario? Actually, he was considered the most likely candidate for the hint until people figured it could be Sonic.

Only Sonic is more likely, because he actually is directly next to Sandbag in the character match-up link that was posted, whereas Wario is only somewhat "next to" Sandbag. He's at a diagonal, really. o_O

Also, this:
Yes, but sonic's position is temporary at best. Wario isn't in an ad. Actually, Hylian's comment should make you realize we are looking for some ad somewhere on the site, an ad he saw when he made the hint. It should NOT confirm Sonic and deconfirm Wario.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I'm
absolutely not
just kidding about tenki. He's just a neat-o guy and the first thing I thought of when I saw the misty hint.

As for the first page changing, it's been the same way for at least a week and a half, I've been following the character battles, so you can take it from me. It's changed maybe 2 times in the whole battle (I think it does it for each round). But I don't think, rather, I'm sure, we can't discount wario just because the front page changes.

Edit: Edit: Nvm that was a lame edit.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I think this is a great idea. Letting everyone see the opinions on characters gives us a feel for what the upcoming tier list is going to be like. I think everyone knows that MK is going to be top-tier, unfortunately.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Yes, but sonic's position is temporary at best. Wario isn't in an ad. Actually, Hylian's comment should make you realize we are looking for some ad somewhere on the site, an ad he saw when he made the hint. It should NOT confirm Sonic and deconfirm Wario.
Temporary? Yes. But it'll still be there by the time the character here is revealed, because Gamefaqs won't get to it fast enough. So for the purpose of this thread's deadline, it's permanent.

However, as Hylian made the hint, he can't bank on the homepage ad that shows Wario. Because he doesn't know when it'll change, since it changes often. If it changes before the character is revealed, then Hylian's hint is screwed.

That's why it confirms Sonic.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Temporary? Yes. But it'll still be there by the time the character here is revealed, because Gamefaqs won't get to it fast enough. So for the purpose of this thread's deadline, it's permanent.

However, as Hylian made the hint, he can't bank on the homepage ad that shows Wario. Because he doesn't know when it'll change, since it changes often. If it changes before the character is revealed, then Hylian's hint is screwed.

UNLESS,

he's conspiring with the guy who makes the banner. O_o

infomon

Smash Scientist
^^ you're obviously new here..... ppl coming in and just guessing randomly, even when it's already been figured out 100% sometimes..... that's what makes this thread twice the lulz :)

I'm amazed at how these things are figured out so fast.
It's been a looong, difficult road for us to get to this point :laugh:

Also, it's Ike. Because it's always Ike. >.>

Joxer

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJej6kCgxVM
^^ you're obviously new here..... ppl coming in and just guessing randomly, even when it's already been figured out 100% sometimes..... that's what makes this thread twice the lulz :)

It's been a looong, difficult road for us to get to this point :laugh:

Also, it's Ike. Because it's always Ike. >.>
Gotcha, I think I'm starting to understand.

Everyone, its Ike. No question.

CR4SH

Smash Lord

Except that you CAN know when it will change, they do a new set of characters exactly every day, and there are only so many sets per round. And I'm pretty sure it changes every round (correct me if I'm wrong). And it really doesn't change that often.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Except that you CAN know when it will change, they do a new set of characters exactly every day, and there are only so many sets per round. And I'm pretty sure it changes every round (correct me if I'm wrong). And it really doesn't change that often.
Ordinarily, you'd be right.

In the case of Character Battle 7 though, the banner hasn't changed for every battle. It's been that same "7 Sins" theme for a while.

And even if it did change with every battle (as it probably will later), then it only further confirms Sonic because, with the very next battle, Wario would no longer be on the banner, but Sonic would still remain in the bracket with Sandbag.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/cb7_bracket.html

Division 8.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Mario, Sonic, Ike, Fox, PT(3), Wario, Jigglypuff, Lucas, and Ness.

This hint has been narrowed down to

Wario
Sonic
PT and
Fox

The hint has Fox for Sex and all of the pew pew lasers in the sigs.
Sonic is near the Sandbag trophy
Ash and Misty are PTs
and Wario was biting Kirby's *** or something

Mist was Ike's cousin or something?
Jigglypuff is a pokemon?

I think it's the old Saget or Zack from saved by the bell.

Top Bottom