• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

mimic_king

Smash Lord
when overswarm referenced one of those 10 posters, i thought it would be HC, since he made the most intelligent post. take a look at it again. you'll find the answer.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
The new hint makes me cry. T-T

But the new video makes me lol. XD

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
I call WIFOM

It goes something like this:

I place a cup in front of each of us. I tell you to choose one, one being filled with poison and the other harmless. But which would i fill with poison? The one in front of me or the one in front of you? Logic says the one in front of you, but reverse psychology says it would be in front of me because you know i want to poison you. But reverse reverse psychology says you would pick the one in front of you... etc. It is an endless cycle of what if's basically.

Alphanumber

Smash Rookie
It's already too late since the new clue came up, but the guy from 2:44 in the Rollin' music video reminded me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKowMonJiIg

Tom Green got attacked by 4chan with several memes, especially "Do a Barrel Roll", on his web show.

Here's the most popular raid from 4chan on the Tom Green web show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CaYzsQ0fkY&NR=1

Here's him getting vexxed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CaYzsQ0fkY&NR=1

Here's him broken.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqORHz1RAQY

Yeah, just throwing that out there.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Wow, this is the third time the hint has been changed. I can't believe nobody got it right yet.

Cause it's Random.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
I looked through the characters and didn't see Fox there so...why can't it be Fox? The barrel roll video makes it seem obvious, ignoring whatever the first video was supposed to mean.

XienZo

Smash Lord
uhhhhh..... now its like the Captain Falcon hint; its so obvious its confusing.

Its like Fox.... or his landmaster...

then comes all the "thats what they WANT us to think" psychology.

How fun.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I propose they remove the second video and replace it with a Bibarel so its not too easy.

Unless we're wrong, but Bibarel is good anyways.

Ace55

Smash Lord
So the spacy part at 2:44 reminded them of Star Fox for the SNES? The rolling theme reminded them of 'do a barrel role'? And the 'come on' reminded them of Fox in general?

If so then they completely spoil the hint with the second vid. Which I don't think they would do, but I'm still saying Fox now because of the relation with all parts of the hint.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
i think that "think back" means think back to the old days. At 2:44, pure_awesome modified the picture to make it look like there were hidden letters that said MARIO. back in the day, there was a game called Donkey Kong, where you jumped over barrels. the barrels rolled. so it could be mario.

it cant be fox. samurai is not going to just give us the answer. he said that this would be very difficult

Browny

Smash Hater
Sonics f-air is like a barrel roll (i know the difference between a real barrel roll and the one he does btw)

but its still the closest attack in the game i think that looks like one :/

mimic_king

Smash Lord
what about fox's landmaster tank? that actually does a barrel roll. but it cant be fox. that would be too obvious.

XACE-K

Smash Master
what about fox's landmaster tank? that actually does a barrel roll. but it cant be fox. that would be too obvious.
That's why it's Random. Nobody would ever guess it. The guesses I've seen was anybody that was left to review in Brawl (and some Melee characters) but nobody said Random.

Therefore it's Random.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
random is the the hardest character to master. this is the hardest hint ever. many characters can be guessed from this hint. you've got a point there.

but at 2:44, he looks like he's curving his arms a little, just like Steve Urkel does when he does his polka dance. steve has a really crappy car that is round like a barrel. and it rolls on wheels. Steve is also dances uniquely, just like the guy in 2:44.

Therefore, the character is Steve Urkel.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
And guess who is voiced by Steve Urkel in a cartoon starring said character?

I'll give you a hint, he's what some would call steak tier

mimic_king

Smash Lord
sonic. jaleel white, who played steve urkel, also voiced sonic in the cartoons. it could be sonic.

no, it is sonic. all of the other hints say so too. and sonic is on or the worst characters in the game, just like rollin is one of the worst songs of all time.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Barrel Roll, in Donkey Kong, he rolled BARRELS down the stage at you.

If they aren't just GIVING it away as FOX, I think it could very well be Donkey Kong.

After all, he rolled the barrels, therefore doing a barrel roll.

That carries the possibility of being Mario as well, but Mario jumped the barrels, not rolled them.

Donkey Kong.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
what does DK have anything to do with the 2:44? my completely out-of-the-box thinking explanation about it being sonic makes perfect sense.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I'm not completely sure how it applies to the 2:44, possibly the blocks and how blocky the game looks in comparison? But I mean, if they're not implying Fox so obviously with that last hint, DK is the only other character that really Barrel roll connects to.

Sonic rolls, but outside of my original idea of how it could be Sonic, it doesn't really fit, especially with the last part.

Donkey Kong is the oldest Nintendo game that fits in with Brawl that hasn't been done already, so that could be Think Back. I personally hope it's Mario or Fox, but DK is thinking outside of the box as far as Barrel Roll goes.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
sonic is even more out-of-the-box then DK is. besides, rollin is one of the worst songs of all time, but DK isn't one of the worst characters in this game. sonic is.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
yay. hmm there's disco balls in the back now that i notice, and u know... balls can also equal balls like... u know... ZSSs.

So I think its ZSS even more now. and ya, barrely roll... it can hint to fox, DK, or more again to ZSS because that game is 'blocky'.

but im still not sure... DK sonic or ZSS

edit: good obsvervation mimic :)

EDIT2:

NVM. No DK. EITHER ZSS OR FOX. PROBABLY FOX. THE BLOCKS = the CITY BUILDINGS. remember in star fox, the buildings were GIANT CUBES?!?!. rolling=BARREL ROLL lol.

my guess now is fox!!!

how come u guys (the guessers) posted a pic of 2:44 upside down? i dont get what it shows.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
It's Fox or DK, I'd be willing to steak my chilli dog on it.

Fox has already been explored to death, but DK still has a question that remains...how does he fit in with the "Think back" hint? It couldn't be "think back" in time to his era of gaming, because that can be said for (well, almost) all the characters.

Depending on our answer to this (or lack thereof), we can determine if its Fox or DK.

Top Bottom