• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
It's Ness.

Mr. Wiggles is a B-Boy.

Ness kinda has a [sad] B-Boy look, with his cap, his shorts, his sneakers, and his yoyo.

So yeah, final answer, Ness.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Eh, well, anyhow, we'll know eventually.

I mean... its not like SBR is going to go like, "Oh, you guys are SOOO close to finding the answer that we're going to give you another week to guess!" or something...

I mean, they're also obviously suffering too...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa
SBR-party!!

I ♥ this thread.

*sits back and watch the theories unfold*

ChrisTheCom

Smash Cadet
Mushroomy Kingdom!

It is Mario.

OS said we have to 'think more like Picasso and less like Rembrandt', Picasso being most famous for Cubism and being abstract, Rembrand for realism and portraits. Obviously since we're already thinking abstractly, we should look at the cubes in the background.

The cube layout reminds me of the final structure of blocks in Mushroomy Kingdom.
I like one of the previous 10 posters becasue they are smart.

Also, my hint was very straightforward.

....all of them.
What stage goes straightforward? Mushroomy Kingdom.

WAIT WAIT WAIT, lets look at it from SBR's perspective. If you were in the SBR and had to find an obscure hint, would you send everyone off into youtube and have them look through thousands of vids until one found one that somehow has the right hue/hidden letters/guy doing a char taunt exactly? I'd think that they were having a discussion, a guy ran into the forums and went, ......

OK, it probably didn't go like that, but still, if you had been playing Brawl and randomly watched that video and it suddenly reminded you of a character at 2:44 while just normally watching it(though I don't know why anyone would...), who would that char be?
We need to follow XienZo's supreme logic, but as we need to be less realistic, perhaps we should be looking at what stage it reminds us of, rather than the dancer who stands out.

If we consider 'obtuse', the reason the cubes don't immediately look like thos in Mushroomy Kingdom is because of the perspective of the room, making some of the angles in the cube look obtuse. If we cancel out this perspective so that they are all 90 degrees, it is the exact same formation.

This narrows it down to Luigi and Mario.

But, as OS said think less like Rembrandt, who painted portraits and others looking at humans, we need to look away from the dancer, who reminds us of Luigi.

It is Mario.

Stop saying Jigglypuff or Sonic. 'Rollin' is constant throughout the entire video, not the 2:44 timeframe we are looking at.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
OH.
MY.
GOD.
If we're thinking in stage logic now, there's only one stage that 2:44 reminds me of.

The "Taunt" microgame on WarioWare Inc with a disco ball and Jimmy-T dancing and posing in the background.

Holy crap?!?! Could it finally be Wario's turn?

Hoser

Smash Ace
You're all missing it, it's right in front of your faces! Maybe this obviously non-photoshopped picture of 2:44 will help you:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
You're all missing it, it's right in front of your faces! Maybe this obviously non-photoshopped picture of 2:44 will help you:

wow... then that's...

wait wait WAIT!!! I C WAT U DID THAR!

lol

Final Answer: Ness.

XienZo

Smash Lord
OH.
MY.
GOD.
If we're thinking in stage logic now, there's only one stage that 2:44 reminds me of.

The "Taunt" microgame on WarioWare Inc with a disco ball and Jimmy-T dancing and posing in the background.

Thats pretty good. This might be it. But... do any SBR members actually own the WarioWare game? That would help even more. Of course, the rooms a completely different color and the cubes have nothing to do with it, but this is the type of random connection thats possible.

But even if it does point to Warioware, that doesn't mean it points to Wario...

Geou

Smash Apprentice
The Mushroomy Kingdom stuff is a no also, IMO.

This is something a backroomer most likely saw on a random watch of the video. Something that jumped out to him. Complex stuff like that doesn't work.

Also, it could, like two hints ago, be a throwback to one of the character's games. Maybe the blue lights and interesting room reminded the viewer of... Metroid Prime?

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
This is likely the last time I'll be able to access the site until the character is put up. So I'm just going to say now:

It's Luigi.

And it's got nothing to do with dancing or Final Smashes. Or green pants.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
OH.
MY.
GOD.

Nice thinking, I like this.

Fred Durst reminds me of Wario anyway.

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
its wario, period

he throws his hands up, and he keeps it rollin', ha, its wario.

i guess it could be sonic or jiggs tho, but i think the song is so wario

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Sooooo.... nobody thinks it's Ness?

ChrisTheCom

Smash Cadet
Sooooo.... nobody thinks it's Ness?
I used to, but SP does say 2:44, and that scene has very little to do with Ness. Most likely Luigi. Some of the evidence for Wario doesn't involve the 2:44 scene, same for Sonic and Jiggly.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Picasso is not a part of the hint itself. Picasso simply has the eyes that would figure out this obtuse hint. If the original hint needed Picasso to be solvable, Picasso would have been in the hint. So simply get on your laptop and view the five second hint from a new perspective. And remember to consider how a Back Roomer would think - Samurai probably saw it in a way none of you thought to look at it, and recognized how familiar the scene was.

Luigi for #25! And not because of crazy Picasso theories that fail to tie into the origonal post, nor because the dancer is dressed like Fox and has a funny name.

JusDBerube

Smash Cadet
It's Wario. Undertaker had that theme in WWE and came out on a motorcycle. The end.

(Sorry if this was mentioned.)

Heroic

Smash Cadet
hint

Obviously, there are three possible characters for this hint:

- I'd say Sonic, because throughout all the song, fred durst says "keep on rollin, rollin!" back off, what .re you gonna do now, keep on rollin! Jigglypuff can roll too, but most of the time she's floating. Half sonic's moves are about rolling.
Clearly points out sonic.

- Maybe Luigi because of the guy dancing at 2:44

- Could be wario because of the motorcycle, disco ball and dancing thing.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Obviously, there are three possible characters for this hint:

- I'd say Sonic, because throughout all the song, fred durst says "keep on rollin, rollin!" back off, what .re you gonna do now, keep on rollin! Jigglypuff can roll too, but most of the time she's floating. Half sonic's moves are about rolling.
Clearly points out sonic.

- Maybe Luigi because of the guy dancing at 2:44

- Could be wario because of the motorcycle, disco ball and dancing thing.
you forgot Fox, for his barrel rolls, "come on!" taunt, and outfit all appearing at 2:44.

Unfortunately for all those still looking at the hint in this manner, it seems doubtful that this system of logic will work. Too many characters can be matched up to the song via elements of the song that are coincidental.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Ok, whoever was complaining earlier about the clue being able to be applied to too many characters, without any actual hints referencing specific traits, and I responded telling you to think outside the box, Is right now.
(phew)

Napilopez

Smash Lord
It is not Jiggs or Sonic. Of that I'm almost totally sure, as much as I would love for it to be Sonic. As someone mentioned before, you have to think about what might ahve been going through a backroomers mind as they saw the video, and particularly that moment at 2:44. I would guess it has to do with the whole scene in which 2:44 is included, and panda simply decided to chose 2:44 either as a random moment from thatt disco ball, blue-themed setting, or because he felt that moment was the most prominent at displaying that character's attributes or hints.

Luigi definitely seems like a viable guess, because of the cubes in the background being reminiscent of the old mariobros games(would also fit the picasso hint in both thinking abstract and cubism), and luigis poses and whatnot. The fox thing sounds viable.

I haven't seen people mention recently overswarms older hints, such as "the answer is inside every one of you" or something along those lines. That immediately makes me think of Wario's farts, lol.

My guesses, in likelyness order:
Wario
Luigi
Fox
Mario
Sonic
Jiggs

Anyways, I'm very impressed by the hint. This is truly the hardest Hint ever, so late in this hinting game, yo.

EDIT: I now think wario is teh most likely, yo.

Novan007

Smash Rookie
OH.
MY.
GOD.

Wow this makes so much sense now that i think about it! I just went back and played that mini game and it looks pretty similar.
This is The Most legit argument so far; it is so WARIO!

Can someone who has the game put a picture of the scene in the game/ and the 2:44 from the music video side by side so everyone can see? is that possible?
I just dont know how to do it

Top Bottom