• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
My vote for the 5th character goes to Wario. He's probably the most in-your-face fighter other than Sonic since his range isn't too good and he has no projectiles. There's like no way to camp as Wario so he would need to rely on offense a lot more than someone like Olimar or Pit. He's definitely one of the strangest fighters if not the most wacky. Seems like Wario is next...

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Number 5 really applies to any character with a spammable projectile that nobody talks too much about anymore. I really dont see it working for a character without a projectile though as they have a hard to staying constantly offensive, the only exception to that is pretty much just Sonic.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I am going to vote for Olimar, as he said "has ben overlooked"

Olimar is great, fantastic, but not MANY people on SWF seem to be using him.

Or, could it possibly be PT?

or Ike. It's one of those 3.

Finch

Smash Lord
Hmm this is really hard, because a lot of characters were really hyped when the game came out and now everyone just uses snake/MK/ddd. Plus the offensive comment is confusing because the only aggressive characters I can think of don't really fit the description. But if projectiles are offensive I'm thinking it's either Pit or Toon Link. No one play them at tournaments even though everyone still considers them good. If it's neither of them it's probably Marth, I guess.

Edit: I just thought of another one that actually fits perfectly: Zelda!

Jeiro

Smash Rookie
I'd say D3. A lot of people were praising him up until it hit US shelves, nowadays he seems forgotten. His offensive game is good, with minion spam and good range, plus his edgeguarding is top notch

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
I am going to say Pit is #5. He has a good and quick offense, but his use is not the way people have been hyping him up to be.

Eddy01741

Smash Cadet
Toon Link or Pit, constant offensive pressure suggests a projectile. And both were pretty hyped up early on.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess Marth.

When the game first came out, everyone thought Marth was the best character in the game.

Then, people started camping and they thought he sucked 'cause he didn't have a projectile.

Then talk about him just kinda stopped. He's actually one of the best offensive characters in the game, so why aren't people talking about him?
YEAH MARTH! I've noticed that I rarely play Marth's online (except for in my clan :)). He has such an amazing offensive game, and he was used alot in the beginning but now he's fading out.

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
The first character that came to mind was kirby. He does seem to have a lot of potential as a really great character but I have not seen many kirby players. He was highly coveted in the beginning because of his early announcements and accessibility but now that all the characters are available he does not seem to have much of a fan base anymore. Kirby can apply a lot of pressure because of the way he moves in the air and ability to link combos with his throws.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I feel a little uneasy about saying its kirby because of the ability to keep constant pressure and diddy kong continues to pop into mind because diddy also holds the same qualities. He was introduced early and was likeable while now is rarely seen played. Being able to attack direcly out of a dash atk in any possible way is a highly agressive form especially with the speed that he holds. So it could be diddy. Still kirby was the first to come to mind and I feel uneasy going against initial suspicions so I guess thats why I say its kirby.

It could however also be sonic, so many characters fitting the description -_-. However i do feel strong enough to place sonic along side kirby and diddykong because of his ability to pressure and the strong hype that he received. Same reasons all around :l need more hints :p

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Wow, Sonic actually fits really well. High offensive pressure game, everyone went crazy but recently people stopped liking him since his KO power is really low. That fits really well.

Browny

Smash Hater
"This character is an unusual one for sure. There is a ton of potential that nearly everyone can see, but not many seem to be using it! This character received much praise when the game was first released, but has recently dropped of everyone's radar. But with this character's ability to put the pressure on opponents with a constant offensive game, will this character be overlooked for much longer?"

it cant really be sonic, since its not praise when he was mentioned, its prasie when the game was released. too many people had a cry when they didnt find his instant-win move (see; G&W turtle, Snake utitl, lucas upsmash) and gave up on him pretty much instantly. dedede was the exact opposite. people saw how obscenely powerful his chain grab and fsmash were, and he was hailed as top tier for weeks.

i think dedede best fits the second description, but the ton of potential seems to fit diddy/ROB. Sonic by far has the strongest constant offensive game since you can always be up in thier faces in an instant, no matter how far or high they are, but he fails the 1st and second description.

but then again, considering how these recent discussions have only been concerning the supposed top tier characters (extremely lame imo)... id say Toon Link. with updates 1 2 3 and 4 all being the top tier characters at the time of posting, TL is the only newcomer left who is constantly placed in top

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Im gonna say #5 is toon link as well...

@ djbrowny ur forggeting r.o.b and marth also rank top on a majority of lists.... and if its true that theyre reaviling characters in some kind of tier order then expect them to come soon as well as pit,dedede,olimar,falco.....

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
#5 is most likely Ike, although Olimar fits it well as well...

I'm going to laugh my *** off if it's Ivysaur.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
Sonic or Pit, Not pikachu he is to unpopular, I don't mean to be mean, I main Pika and Luigi in all games lol. Even In melee, where they sucked =/

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Marth is an "unusual" character? I think not.

Constant offensive pressure ... It's Diddy without a doubt.

Snail

Smash Lord
I think it's Olimar. A huge hype when the game first came out, constant pressure game and I haven't heard much about him lately... though he might still be too popular to fit the description perfectly :/

Renufus

Smash Apprentice
Probably either Olimar or Sonic. Pit is way too campy to fit the constant offensive pressure bill. Plus, when was the last time you saw someone not use Pit's potential? His potential takes about 5 minutes of practice to reach.

My money is on Olimar though. Sonic isn't all that unusual a character.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
At first I thought it was Pit, but quite frankly, he isn't very strange at all. (unless that comment was directed at the fact that the character has potential but is not used)

Olimar seems the next most likely candidate, as his Pikimin strat sure is unusual, and he hasn't really been used much lately...

However, I think it's Wario. He definitely fits "unusual", and there seems to be a drop in his usage in tournaments. He also still has plenty of potential, and SHFLing dairs in one heck of an offense.

Helkulkhamen

Smash Cadet
Hey Panda, are you able to tell us who won the argument over this week's character discussion (you or Overswarm)?

Top Bottom