• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at the Shore - Brigantine, NJ - Aug 2 - Melee and Brawl! PRIZES ANNOUNCED!

xandeR-

Smash Apprentice
I love how this has just turned into a "Bash Inui" thread.

I'm imagining what the event is going to be like. Haha!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
don't count on it.. I just found out some really good people are going. I just wanted to win some cash and hit the arcade. now I don't even feel like attending..

definitely ruined my day <_<
Tell me if your not going.

I just wanna be able to have time to look for a partner in case you don't wanna attend.

I probably wouldn't travel as far as you would have to for brawl either.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
Tell me if your not going.

I just wanna be able to have time to look for a partner in case you don't wanna attend.

I probably wouldn't travel as far as you would have to for brawl either.

Dave/atomsk - Do you think you guys can squeeze me in with your car? I'm gonna be at Spam's at friday it would be so amazing if I can just go with you guys to the tourney.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cia

das kwl
teczero - just look for another parter. anyone u find will be better than me I'm sure <_<.

I'm really debating wether or not I'm still going. I'm so pissed cuz I was looking forward to winning brawl >=[

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
while thinking about it, don't expect melee doubles to start until around 10:30. im going to start packing things up at the arcade at 9:30, drive the stuff to my place, then i have to drop off a couple of people at the train station most likely then. then il be back and we can start the tourney. theres no time restriction however, people can be at my place as late as they want. however, since its all outside, we cant be THAT loud around midnight and later.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
AND ALSO FOR SINGLES AND DOUBLES IT SSHOULD BE 60/30/10(multi's of 3) because hopefully without m2k gonig(well most likely since chu's) me and vex will get 2nd or 3rd
lmao

btw, you're not actually cute, I just mess with you, so stop flattering yourself, moron.

Kashif, are you going? I need a Brawl partner.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
The odds of me making it are highly stacked against me. But it's fast becoming my life's mission to make it. I should know by friday if I'm coming or not.

I've finally learned to play Brawl somewhat competently. I need to see if I'm at least as good at it as I am in melee.

Edit: What's the situation with pools? Yes, no?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
upon rethinking of more stages, should jungle japes (in brawl) be legal or banned? what is everyones thoughts on it

Cia

das kwl
I think jungle japes should stay.

if you're worried about camping, you should also get rid of hanenbow.. seriously, that stage is just stupid..

and I think delfino should be a neutral.. but baby steps are fine.. LOL

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea the camping isnt the issue at all on japes, i mean camping can be worse on a bigger stage like FD lol. though the split up floor does favor those with projectiles in some instances, its not game breaking enough for it not to warrant a counterpick. the split up floor and the tall ceiling are the same as in melee, same as the water. the only real change is the clap traps. its not like people don't know they exist. if anything that helps prevent ledge camping

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
iv got a list of prizes up on the first post. im still deciding how im going to give away the extra prizes. any suggestions? i think im going to do one raffle for one of them, then distribute the rest to event winners for the 4 events
extra prizes are:
# $50 gift certificate for Tun Tavern (awesome restaurant in Atlantic City)
# Pair of tickets to Kid Rock and Lynard Skynard at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden
# Pair of tickets to the Metal Masters Tour at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden
# Four pack of tickets to Bodies the Exhibition in Atlantic City
# Four 5th row tickets to the WWE Summer Slam at the Wildwood Convention Center

edit: i looked at the prices (which i also listed on the first page) so i can get a good idea of how to distribute these.
Since the WWE is worth the most, and people might have a selective taste for it, I think I will do a raffle for this item. People can choose to enter by getting a ticket ($1 per ticket, you can get an unlimited amount) and i will draw a winner by the end of the event)
The biggest event will probably be Brawl singles, and since everyone likes food, i doubt anyone would mind getting the gift certificate for the tun tavern.
i want the 4 pack of bodies tickets to preferably go to a doubles event, so each person can invite another person. so im thinking about brawl doubles
then its a toss up of which tix (lynard or metal masters) goes to melee singles, and the other goes to melee doubles.

also, i would rather these tickets not be sold so you can profit more lol. i could potentially get in trouble if you do so. if you win tickets or a gift certificate and do not want them, please offer them to a friend who will use them. if you dont know anyone, then i will offer them to the next runner up.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Teczero we should have room for you if you want
Atomsk I love you =D are you trying to find a color font you like? LOL I see you using random colors that green looks nice >_>.

teczero - just look for another parter. anyone u find will be better than me I'm sure <_<.

I'm really debating wether or not I'm still going. I'm so pissed cuz I was looking forward to winning brawl >=[
>_> Well I really wanna team with you more cuz your like one of my amazing friends and I can't help but have fun when I team with you.

I'll look for another partner though just in case >_>

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Thanks Inui now i dont hate you :D
BTW Chibo said if we worry about camping thren why not worry about FD to Japes. ROFLOL. Thats ********. Look at Inuis post about Japes. FD people camp, but you can get around it. You can on Japes but its harder and plus The river limits only some characters like( MK, Pit, DDD, ect) with good recoveries to get back. And it your at a high percent someone can grab you hold you at the edge and the fish will spike you.
Japes sucks.

R3N0

Smash Lord
you HAVE to, because in the end, who wants brawl to get the upperhand.. BRAWL SINGLES AND DOBULES?! hows that gonna look on melee rep if we only have.. oh melee singles LEWL its dying. *pssha*

LEZ BE REALZZZ

we gotta have melee doubles.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Norfair is banned... whyyyyyy?

If I can get a ride I would love to come and meet you NJ smashers.

I wad born in Englewood, and lived in Cape May for a while.

Would be nice to visit. =^___^=
Hey a snake. I havent seen many snakes at the tourneys Ive been too. Jw, where do you live?

Chibo: Ill try to come... we will see

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea its late, but how else can i run all 4 events in one day lol. i promise itl be worth it though. people can stay as long as they want to smash, and its outside. the weather is great where i live, clear weather is forecasted that day. itl be nice and cool out, and dark obviously so itl be fine to see the TVs. plus the awesome atmosphere as my backyard is setup pretty awesome, torches setup around and what not, w.e itl be worth it lol. il still try to get doubles done as fast as possible, but yea were able to smash till whenever.

also, the only real thing going against japes iv heard so far are the clap traps. things like what xzax said limiting some characters, isn't bad at all. isn't that essentially the point of a counterpick? its not particularly game breaking for certain characters, and yet half of the cast might have a harder time on it than others. same as like rainbow cruise. and the camping really isnt an issue. so some characters can camp somewhat ok on there, it's actually not that hard to get by. characters can still get cornered on the side platforms, the platform in the middle adds more ability to move around.

i mean, i can definitely see why it could be banned, but i dont see yet a reason why it shouldnt be allowed when other stages that are worse in my eyes are normally accepted as fine. plus, there are plenty of other tournies that have japes on. ugh, this is what happens when we dont have an authority like mlg make a rule list

also, is there any feedback on the extra prizes? does it seem like a good idea?

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
yea its late, but how else can i run all 4 events in one day lol. i promise itl be worth it though. people can stay as long as they want to smash, and its outside. the weather is great where i live, clear weather is forecasted that day. itl be nice and cool out, and dark obviously so itl be fine to see the TVs. plus the awesome atmosphere as my backyard is setup pretty awesome, torches setup around and what not, w.e itl be worth it lol.

also, the only real thing going against japes iv heard so far are the clap traps. things like what xzax said limiting some characters, isn't bad at all. isn't that essentially the point of a counterpick? its not particularly game breaking for certain characters, and yet half of the cast might have a harder time on it than others. same as like rainbow cruise. and the camping really isnt an issue. so some characters can camp somewhat ok on there, it's actually not that hard to get by. characters can still get cornered on the side platforms, the platform in the middle adds more ability to move around.
LOL thats dumb chibo. Ok and if thats a point of a counterpick if this stage is legal throw in the Mario Kart Stage(For DDD), Pirate Ship( for TL), and also lets make DDD extra happy and throw in Bridge of Elden!

Cia

das kwl
the bonus prizes seem like a nice idea, but I'm more interested in seeing the way they are rewarded. I personally like the restaurant gift card (LOL)

you should have like.. some type of challenge to win them. like remember pound 2 when plairnkk put up the "TA challenge" and you got $50.00 if you beat all their members in at least one set?? somethin like that would be cool.

one of the challenges should be the "first one to beat VaNz' Dedede in a set w/ capt. falcon gets ____________" challenge.. LOL

Top Bottom