• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at the Shore - Brigantine, NJ - Aug 2 - Melee and Brawl! PRIZES ANNOUNCED!

Scar

#HarveyDent
aight il remove the suicide rule
Because of what I said or what Spam said? You typically can't take action with any of Spam's arguments either because the situation he described (at great length mind you) is on one non-neutral stage, for about 30 seconds of the stage's 2:00 loop, with a character that no one in the game uses.

I think he's right that the rule is a bit silly, but his reasons for why are pretty bad/irrelevant.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I have a nack for giving reason to tell people there rules suck. And Chibo good thing you got rid of that crap.

Now Scar Brawl Falcon Ditto $1 MM
Because Brawl Falco > the whole roster

Eggm

Smash Hero
the Ny guys really like teams and don't really wanna come just for melee singles, myself included. guarantee melee teams please. thanks. ^-^

Oh also I just read the first post. Bring tv's even tho chibo said don't, cause the more setups the faster. More chance for melee doubles (although its already a good chance since everyone will be bored to tears during brawl singles anyways.)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i cant guarantee it espeically with the great feedback this is getting. believe me, i want to. im still going to try thought, dont worry. ny is like good at brawl though, so they can still come to win that then have a shot at melee doubles lol

it wasnt spams reasoning that got rid of the suicide rule, it was the fact multiple ppl rly didnt like it

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Shibby, I think I'll make an effort to goto this! Haven't been to a smash tournament in a LONG time.

I'm gonna lose >.<

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Eggm is reeeaaallly pushing for melee doubles lol, and i want this to happen as well. if melee doubles is to happen, we need to run this tournament fast. that puts a lot of pressure and responsibility on me, the TO, but everyone else who is coming also has to help if they want this to run fast. this means that friendlies will be at a minimum until we have a good time frame on how long each event is going to take, and I doubt there will be any friendly TVs early on in the tournament. once brackets start to approach the 2nd or 3rd rounds and there aren't as many matches that can be played, there will be more opportunities for friendlies. and il keep atleast one melee setup open during brawl.

another thing is that im asking everyone in advance to keep track of your matches. im going to be running this really agro (think when brawl singles bracket at cot3 started lol). keep check of the bracket to know approximately when ur match is coming up. i dont want to call someones match and see them downstairs just starting up an arcade game that they dont want to quit out of. i by all means encourage everyone to have fun playing games downstairs and all, but don't start a long game if u know your match is coming up soon. same goes for leaving to get food. im going to be doing something similar to a mages dq rule with this. while it wont be the whole 2/4/6 minute deal, i wont have a set time as i dont want to dq ppl, but i might have to be kind of strict with ppl simply not showing up for matches.

the reason im also everyone here on the boards to help this tourney run smoothly is because this tourney is attracting a good deal of players locally from around brigantine from the flyers i posted around the arcade. its a good chance this might be their first tournament, and there might even be parents there getting in the way, so it will be tough making sure the new players in line, so i need the seasoned smash vets to keep ontop of the brackets for themselves also.

dont worry, sats is gonna be awesome, and im going to do my best to run it as fast as possible. the turnout is looking great, especially with a large amount of new players who aren't just interested in brawl, but in melee as well. hopefully we can get melee doubles :)

also, if you can bring a wii with a copy of melee and brawl, that would be greatly appreciated. while we have a buncha TVs, we might be short on wii's. we dont need cubes though however, just wiis with brawl data on them.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Because of what I said or what Spam said? You typically can't take action with any of Spam's arguments either because the situation he described (at great length mind you) is on one non-neutral stage, for about 30 seconds of the stage's 2:00 loop, with a character that no one in the game uses.

I think he's right that the rule is a bit silly, but his reasons for why are pretty bad/irrelevant.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LqoPoA6zUWI&fmt=18

I don't think you understand Scar. You should watch that video. It has a lot more then Rainbow Cruise suicide kill. If you stand 2 millimeters away from the ledge when Dedede goes to swallowcide you he'll end up pulling you to the ledge then he'll fall past it and you'll still be on the stage. You have to be at the VERY VERY VERY edge of the stage to fall for a Dedede swallowcide and if you're that close you deserve to die. You can also mash out <_<. Bowser's side b can't be used to kill both you and your opponent unless you're at mid-high percents and Bowser has less percent then his opponent. That's hardly gamebreaking. In Melee if Kirby eats you and you breakout you get sent soooo far down. Against a LOT of characters if Kirby presses the jump button when he swallows an enemy and drops to the bottom of the stage his enemy will die and Kirby will have all of his jumps back. If you're right at the ledge in Melee, Kirby has an inescapable way to kill you both. Grab upthrow. Just because not that many people USE Kirby in Melee doesn't mean he doesn't have a hell of a lot more ways to suicide kill then Dedede does in Brawl.

Cia

das kwl
I'm going to see if I can go to this.

I think I may be able to get a ride. but I'm going to need a teammate for melee doubles.

possibly brawl doubles if someone from montage, or an experienced brawl player wants to team. I'm pretty smart :D

Eggm

Smash Hero
If DJ Nintendo doesn't show I'll team with you vanz, although tec0 said some one is bringing him so you should ask him for a ride/teammate. :)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'm going to see if I can go to this.

I think I may be able to get a ride. but I'm going to need a teammate for melee doubles.

possibly brawl doubles if someone from montage, or an experienced brawl player wants to team. I'm pretty smart :D
I'll team with you for whatever you want =D.

I would team with you for everything but its up to you ;)

GOTM

Smash Champion
good stuff mark. your house should be pretty fun too. last time we had a lot of people over for a smashfest it turned out pretty good

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol a serious match from eggm not involving a space animal? this must be recorded lol. you saw it here first at SatS!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
.............god send me strength lol. No its real milk(no homo stuff from cows you pervs) and Cactuar showed me it at SPOC 4 and he asked me if i wanted to have his half drunk bottle and i said no but i didnt have enough to buy my own :( so yea so no homo but thank god Inui isnt on smashboards if he says anything about it i swear to go im going to flame the hell out of him

R3N0

Smash Lord
Roflz...

anyone wanna team if alukard can't make it? BRAWL + MELEE anyone?

send pm or aim me..

no randies
plz kthx
bai

Top Bottom