• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at the Shore - Brigantine, NJ - Aug 2 - Melee and Brawl! PRIZES ANNOUNCED!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
yeah velocity siad he can give me and vex ride if i dont go on vaction as early as August 1st so ill deff. be here.
Brawl MM's $1(I already got Keitaro and Vex)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'll try to be there. Sounds like fun.

EDIT: Actually I'm going to be in that area (Cape May) that weekend. Is that closer than where I live? (Westwood, NJ)

Lol dumb question of course.

Bottom line, how long is it from Cape May to the tourney? If it's closer, than conveniently, I'm on vacation in Cape May that weekend B)

emagndim767

Smash Rookie
Yo is anyone local around brigantine area? i am going to brig this weekend with some friends and if anyong wants to play sat or sunday please get in contact with me. aim- emagdnim767 or email johnydelight@gmail.com

also is the smile factory a lan/gaming center? Or is it just hostin this event?

Edit: or you can message me on the boards lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i live in brigantine, but i probably wont be around this weekend, not sure yet

the smile factory is an arcade in brigantine which is where it will be held. yea i kno, the names kinda funny lol, but a dentist owns the place, hence the name

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
yo chibo ever go on the Boats for Boast Fishing. Hella fun.

EDIT: If you need help with this i can help and ill try to get as many people as i can get to come

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea iv gone fishing before.... lol

dont advertise it too much lol. were reaching a good amount of people confirmed, and i dont wanna pack the place too much. its a lil small (the room upstairs where its held), but itl do. as it is i doubt everyone will fit up there at the same time, but thats why theres the full arcade downstairs for ppl to chill at while waiting for matches.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
i didnt see, is this double blind pick? and..

can you use the same character in the same set? like could i use ike, win one of the best 2/3 and then use ike again the next game?

or is it set up so u cant use the same character twice in one set

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Ok Vex i guess. And Keitaro i will if you dont go snake.
I play Snake so much now I feel weird saying I main Falco.....

Sike, I'll always main Falco till the end of time!! Unless you're DMBrandon, I don't like the chances of my Falco vs any pretty good Meta so I'd only do it if I'm Snake.

Just imagine how much more presice my up-tilts will be offline :laugh:

Edit: Everyone should attempt to play Spam online for he will **** your mains with Kirby and Sonic? I hate you Spam. ;)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i didnt see, is this double blind pick? and..

can you use the same character in the same set? like could i use ike, win one of the best 2/3 and then use ike again the next game?

or is it set up so u cant use the same character twice in one set
its standard tourney rules
i explained them all in detail on the first page

u can use any character however much u want

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
You don't know how badly I want to go to this. The weekend this is happening my parents are going to Texas. I might be able to go but from where it's like 50 bajillion light years away!!!!!! (approximately 1 1/2 hrs without traffic) I'll see if I can go

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Person thats going to Texas. Its not this weekend its August 2nd next saturday lol.

As for you Keitaro. I hate Snakes lol. Please you just barely beat me with Snake try Falco. :p

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
o man, even more south jersey smashers are coming out of hiding! lol. this is too cool, i cant wait for this tourney.

out of curiosity, out of everyone who is coming, who are entering melee singles? i can already think of who will be entering brawl, but im interested in the potential melee attendance.

also, i see some of the new ppl have only 1 post. have any of u by any chance learned about this thread from the flyers i put up in the arcade in brigantine?

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
but Brawl > Melee still IMO >:p
but i still like melee
Fox FTW
You obviously have not tripped into a Snake fsmash at 30% and lost a tournament match because of that yet.
Everyone should attempt to play Spam online for he will **** your mains with Kirby and Sonic? I hate you Spam. ;)
:laugh::laugh::laugh: My Sonic is **** son, no johns. I beat Izumi's Toon Link with Sonic on Delfino and Inui's Marth with him on FD. I can't wait to break your shield with Kirby again :)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
As for you Keitaro. I hate Snakes lol. Please you just barely beat me with Snake try Falco. :p
barely beat your MK.....ONLINE!! :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: My Sonic is **** son, no johns. I beat Izumi's Toon Link with Sonic on Delfino and Inui's Marth with him on FD.
Waitz, Inui's Marth!??!?! INUI IS GARBBZZZZ!!

This cancels out Inui beating Hylian, me, Spam, Dm, and others in tournament. Inui is GARBZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
changed it so u can only ban one counterpick instead of 2 in brawl singles, and added crew battle rules

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I have a problem with the rules...

Chibo said:
No extreme camping. If you are found to be doing NOTHING but running out of clock for an extreme amount of time and not attacking, you will be warned in the middle of the match by me to stop. I'll be more lenient than strict with this, it's more just a heads up. One instance of this is ledge camping without even use of projectiles when you are at a high percent compared to your opponent. It doesn't make any sense and does nothing but make everything run longer than it should.
If my opponent is losing and they're camping, which happens a **** lot in fawking terrible game, I think I should be entitled to ledge camp regardless of what % I'm at since I'm winning for as long as I can.
Chibo said:
If someone uses a suicide move to kill when both players are on the last stock (Kirby or DDD's swallow move, Bowser's over B, etc), the player who had the lower percent wins, which is not necessarily the player who did the move.
Uhh, wtf is this? Kirbycides in Melee did not have this stupid rule, why are you adding it in for Brawl?
Chibo said:
If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You can not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
If I remember in the beginning of the match when we're both at 0% that I forgot to change the controls I can't quit and set my tag? Nonsense.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If my opponent is losing and they're camping, which happens a **** lot in fawking terrible game, I think I should be entitled to ledge camp regardless of what % I'm at since I'm winning for as long as I can.
i said i would be more leniant than strict about this. the situation im trying to avoid is like this: say your at last stock 0%, and ur opponent is at over 100% last stock. he runs to the ledge, and does nothing but ledgecamp, or runs away on a stage like hanenbow or luigis mansion. the opponent is loosing by over 100%, and is not making any attempt to hit you with projectiles to rack damage up on you, so all he is doing is running out the timer, in which if it did run out, he would lose. this has happened a lot to me and makes no sense and wastes time (and im sure you all want melee doubles lol). its one thing to camp senselessly, its another to camp with a purpose or plan in mind. again, i wont be strict with it at all. its just that if i happen to see something along the lines of it going on, il just say like, yo stop that nonsense lol.
Uhh, wtf is this? Kirbycides in Melee did not have this stupid rule, why are you adding it in for Brawl?
Because, if you have a significant % lead on the last stock against ur opponent, how is it fair that with a single move they can instantly win, especially with more suicide moves that are easier to pull off then they are in melee. think of the situation above, but the person is at the ledge just trying to get a swallow or something and nothing else. all you have to do is stand on the other side of the stage and wait for them to stop. like the other example, wastes precious time
If I remember in the beginning of the match when we're both at 0% that I forgot to change the controls I can't quit and set my tag? Nonsense.
Think of the time lost from starting a match, getting the random stage, loading the match, starting it, realizing you forgot to change your controls, quit out, go change them, then start it again. if you really depend on changing your controls, then you should remember to do it before a match starts. some obvious exceptions might be the opponent just pressing start too fast and starting the match without you knowing (which shouldnt happen as you have to discuss stage bans), or if someone changed the controls on your tag, so even though you chose your own tag, someone sabotaged you unknowingly. however something like this should be realized very quickly. if your 2 min into the match and you notice tap jump is off when you want it on, your own fault.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
hope i do good at this since i'm getting my wisdom teeth removed the 29th

oh btw chibo your swallow side rule is completly stupid

the swallow side has two points

to either gain a larger leed

or to bring it to the sudden death thing

i don't understand how a stratigy thats being used everywhere else is a waste of time

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
he situation im trying to avoid is like this: say your at last stock 0%, and ur opponent is at over 100% last stock. he runs to the ledge, and does nothing but ledgecamp, or runs away on a stage like hanenbow or luigis mansion. the opponent is loosing by over 100%, and is not making any attempt to hit you with projectiles to rack damage up on you, so all he is doing is running out the timer
Ok, I'm fine with this. I hate when idiots camp when they're losing too.

Because, if you have a significant % lead on the last stock against ur opponent, how is it fair that with a single move they can instantly win, especially with more suicide moves that are easier to pull off then they are in melee. think of the situation above, but the person is at the ledge just trying to get a swallow or something and nothing else. all you have to do is stand on the other side of the stage and wait for them to stop. like the other example, wastes precious time
On Rainbow Cruise in Melee, Kirby can kill both of you with an upthrow on the ship. 100% guaranteed inescapable death as opposed to stand 2 mm away from the ledge and then Dedede pulls you towards the ledge but then falls under you and doesn't get a swallowcide and is forced to up b and get *****. Not to mention if you breakout of Kirbycides in Melee you get sent 3 miles downwards and a lot of characters if they just purposely fall down can die with Kirby getting all of his jumps back.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LqoPoA6zUWI

I mean if the person is just camping the ledge when they're losing like an annoying ***got then yes, they deserve to lose but if that's not the case then I see nothing wrong with swallowcides.

ChiboSempai said:
if your 2 min into the match and you notice tap jump is off when you want it on, your own fault.
k that's fine as long as if I accidentally forget my tag at the very start of the match I can quit out and set it.

Scar

#HarveyDent
if you have a significant % lead on the last stock against ur opponent, how is it fair that with a single move they can instantly win, especially with more suicide moves that are easier to pull off then they are in melee.
Because Brawl is stupid.

Top Bottom