• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash at the Shore - Brigantine, NJ - Aug 2 - Melee and Brawl! PRIZES ANNOUNCED!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Cant wait I am bringing

Me
Crismas
NL
D1
Rapid Assasin
**** you, lol!! Stop bringing them NY ba$tards, they too good, except Crismas.

Not saying I can defeat Crismas, but that she's cool and sells the best stickers, plus Peach's get pillared to death by Falco.....IN BRAWL!! WATCH OUT FOR KEITARO'S NEW COMBOS!!!!

Oh yeah, I don't even think I'm going anyway :laugh:

Eggm

Smash Hero
d1!!1 I haven't seen you in so long lol. You better enter melee too!

Edit : Melee doubles could very well happen before 10:30 you know jman. Lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
o yea i forgot, il probably raffle them. i keep getting confused lol. arent u going on vacation? in brigantine? lol

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
No since its techinally my moms bosses but we own it when they dont go down but uh we cant go down until sunday and Velocity isnt coming and Keitaro isnt coming so i got no other rides. and vex doesnt want to take the train that far at night so unless someone else can pick us up its a no but were going to ESTICLE

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
**** you, lol!! Stop bringing them NY ba$tards, they too good, except Crismas.

Not saying I can defeat Crismas, but that she's cool and sells the best stickers, plus Peach's get pillared to death by Falco.....IN BRAWL!! WATCH OUT FOR KEITARO'S NEW COMBOS!!!!

Oh yeah, I don't even think I'm going anyway :laugh:
SHUT UP KEITARO XD Play me next time :D that's all. lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ICs chain grab, banned or legal? i think i just wanna ban when they throw behind them and grab you real quick, cause its essentially a standing chain grab since your really moving no where, and is an infinite that works on any character on any stage

HolyChef

Smash Ace
ICs chain grab, banned or legal? i think i just wanna ban when they throw behind them and grab you real quick, cause its essentially a standing chain grab since your really moving no where, and is an infinite that works on any character on any stage
hey! whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. lets relax. lets think about all the people coming that are gonna do this or even can.......i can think of................ME!

ok not only does the bthrow take a lot of skill, but i can still do it where my IC moves. i just sometimes do it where there is no movement at all cause i feel like it.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
hey! whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. lets relax. lets think about all the people coming that are gonna do this or even can.......i can think of................ME!
You forgot about me.

No Chibo, don't ban it. It's not like Icies destroy Meta Knight, Snake, [insert good character here]. Getting rids of their CG just makes them mediocre.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
so in other words, the only 3 ppl for it not being banned so far are the 3 ppl who practiced it ahnd still do it now lol

going forward is fine like DDDs, but come on, back and forth, practice it a lil and uv got an inescapable infinite. no real difference from wobbling in melee that eventually got banned

Inui

Banned via Warnings
yea the camping isnt the issue at all on japes, i mean camping can be worse on a bigger stage like FD lol. though the split up floor does favor those with projectiles in some instances, its not game breaking enough for it not to warrant a counterpick. the split up floor and the tall ceiling are the same as in melee, same as the water. the only real change is the clap traps. its not like people don't know they exist. if anything that helps prevent ledge camping
No, camping is much worse at Japes because the person camping gets higher ground and a gap between you and them. A gap that has klaptraps jumping through it.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
ok im pretty sure spam and atomsk were joking. although atomsk might be half joking cause he uses IC's once in a blue moon.

regardless, im pretty sure the only person youve seen chain grab, like me, was me which was at the last montage event. and its not as easy as practicing a "lil" and then getting an infinite.

anyways, u went from "its a standing infinite" to "practice it a lil an uv got an inescapable infinite. no real difference from wobbling in melee that eventually got banned" like i said its more skill than you think and also you change your argument to it being like wobbling. i dont wanna start the 10th "should IC's CG be banned" thread, so im not gonna go into how IC's barely get anywhere or any of the other points that can be made but i wanna point this out since it relates wobbling which u brought up
Pound 2: wobbling banned (and ChuDat won, the irony)
FC: wobbling not banned
SCC: wobbling not banned
OC: ???
EVO: wobbling not banned
vls didnt ban it either i believe

edit. ok maybe i might start another thread on IC's because
1. there is no evidence of it being broken. nobody is winning tournaments or even placing high, with the exception of hylian, who used them just a couple times in that texas tourney. texas.........................wow
2. it takes a lot of skill
3. you can mash out at low %'s.
4. i dont wanna say it but, dont get grabbed. have u ever played a fighting game?
5. random scrubs are not beating M2K and thats all that matters. not meat riding hardbody at all

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
ok im pretty sure spam and atomsk were joking.
Nope. I learned the Icies CG in April or May.

ChiboSempai said:
so in other words, the only 3 ppl for it not being banned so far are the 3 ppl who practiced it ahnd still do it now lol

no real difference from wobbling in melee that eventually got banned
The difference is that it was a lot easier for Icies to get grabs in Melee and wobbling can be done with your eyes closed because all you have to do is tilt the analog stick and press A over and over. Yes, once you get the grab your opponent is going to eat a lot of damage or die but it's soooo easy to separate them and it's easier to gimp the second climber then in Melee because they spam ice blocks off the stage. Ice Climbers lose to all the top characters already. Banning the CG is just lame.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I fought Hylian in tourny and he killed me three times by grabbing me a total of three times, but it was on FD so w/e.

I still don't think it should be banned.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i know spammer and atomsk both know it, and use it to their advantage when playing the character, and holy chef wasn't the only person thats done it to me.

everyone says banning the CG like i want all ICs CGs banned, im only talking about the back and forth one.

sure wobbling may be a lil easier, but lets face it, its not that hard. i just sat down and practiced it for like 10 minutes, and without any previous knowledge (actually reading a guide on how to do it), i was starting to pick it up. all i knew was what it looked like, and i already knew the technique of how to do it, and was getting progress. of course im by no means proficient with it, but i wouldnt expect to with 10 minutes.

it doesnt really depend on how easy a tactic is so to say, but the outcome of it. i mean, its an infinite. get one grab in and its over. and spammer said that it was easier to get grabs in melee with ICs, and despite whether thats true or not, theres no way it is with the new powershielding in brawl lol.

im not banning it yet, but more debating it. it just seems like a complete and total infinite like that has got to go. its far worse and more game breaking than any other technique in the game. im not banning IC's moving pass CG, the dthrow fair CG, or the ice block lock, the only one in question is the pass back and forth, since the other essentially atleast get u to the end of the stage where it stops.

edit:
I fought Hylian in tourny and he killed me three times by grabbing me a total of three times, but it was on FD so w/e.

I still don't think it should be banned.
why? i dont get it. get one grab in, even despite ur at 0, why should u instantly die no matter the stage your on or character u play

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Ban the back and forth one!! I DON'T LIKE IT!!

DDD's chaingrab is a standing infinite!! BAN THAT TOO!!

Also heard Metaknight is gay, ban the character ALONG WITH DDD!!!!!11

All bisexuals should be banned from coming meaning HALF OF MONTAGE CAN'T COME TO THIS!!!!111ONE
why? i dont get it. get one grab in, even despite ur at 0, why should u instantly die no matter the stage your on or character u play
If you counterpick Orpheon the stage will flip once a minute stopping the IC's from the chaingrab. NO JOHNZ CHIBO!!!11

Inui

Banned via Warnings
All bisexuals should be banned from coming meaning HALF OF MONTAGE CAN'T COME TO THIS!!!!111ONE
:(

10nackers, lol

Edit(thus making the "10nackers" pointless, sigh...):
I didn't ban the stage, so it was my fault. It wouldn't have happened if I had platforms.

I just counterpicked Nofair (sic), forced him off Ice Climbers, and won the set anyways.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
how can it not happen when theres platforms? could it have still been done on norfair? it practically needs no room

Top Bottom