• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash and Coffee - June 7th Winona Lake, IN

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
LOL

If practicing these stages is making you a better player, then how come you lost to KirKQ in pools in Rob dittos? Shouldn't you be more knowledgeable about your character against someone who admits he has very little brawl practice?
To be fair, he could ask the same thing about you going 1-5 in pools.
Or why he beat you in brackets himself.
Or why you lost to tink.

Zjiin, you lost 7 matches in 1v1. The only match OS lost all day was to KirkQ, who everyone saw was a very, very good ROB player.

I hardly think that pointing out the one loss OS took all day is a safe argument.

Zjiin

Smash Master
To be fair, he could ask the same thing about you going 1-5 in pools.
Or why he beat you in brackets himself.
Or why you lost to tink.

Zjiin, you lost 7 matches in 1v1. The only match OS lost all day was to KirkQ, who everyone saw was a very, very good ROB player.

I hardly think that pointing out the one loss OS took all day is a safe argument.
Fair enough, but i playedmultiple characters in pools for fun, sinc eeveryone was makin git out. Also KirkQ said himself he's not very good at this game becasue he really doesn't play it. The arguement was to put an example of his ideal playstyle making him the best he could get, but losing to someone who admits he's not very knowledgable in the game. I lost to Tink and OS, yup. Those are hard matches for me. The source of the info doesn't affect it's value.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Question.

If the neutral stages are more beneficial to some characters more than others, shouldn't the neutral list be open to debate where we might make it more balanced for everyone?
it is.

SBR is discussing stages as we speak (type). There is not a master neutral list.

There's not even a consensus that we should be randoming our neutrals rather than doing a strikeout system.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Fair enough, but i playedmultiple characters in pools for fun, sinc eeveryone was makin git out. Also KirkQ said himself he's not very good at this game becasue he really doesn't play it. The arguement was to put an example of his ideal playstyle making him the best he could get, but losing to someone who admits he's not very knowledgable in the game. I lost to Tink and OS, yup. Those are hard matches for me. The source of the info doesn't affect it's value.
Did you miss the part where he said "I only know like 3 matchups, I know ROB really well"?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I totally agree with people in this tread I mean fight people not stages right?

It's like when I'm playing street fighter and someone starts using hadoken I pause the game, swing my controller around like a flail and proceed to beat them repeatedly with it while shouting "IT'S CALLED STREET FIGHTER YOU ****ING SCRUB NOT FIREBALL FIGHTER JESUS CHRIST I DON'T WANT TO ****ING FIGHT YOUR GOD ****ED FIREBALLS WE SHOULD BE FIGHTING HAND TO HAND THAT'S WHAT FIGHTING IS AND THAT'S WHAT SKILL IS NOT JUST SPAMMING SOME MAGICAL BALL OF ENERGY"

srsly lrn2play guys
i lol'ed for 15 seconds...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
None of the stages we have that people are calling 'neutral' are really 'neutral'. Lylat just has made the advantages and disadvantages it gives obvious, while the others are more subtle.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I play with a lot of characters on Lylat, and i don't see anything wrong with it. Although sometimes Lucario's comeback suffers.
screws a lot of up Bs, tilts around, all in all it's one of my least favorites stages in brawl.

and yet i put in as a neutral, cause that's how i roll.

I'd like to end the debate by telling you all my real rational for my stage selections at my tournaments:

I took out my 20 sided die from my old MTG days, and started rolling it and assigning numbers to stages until i ran out of stages. 1-6 got to be neutrals. 7-20 were counterpicks. Everything else got banned.

all good TO's do this. It's a trade secret. One day you will all be cool enough to understand.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Lucario, moar liek Spikehands McDougal, amirite?
I personally prefer Wolfie McDreads.

Also, Lucario isn't too bad on Lylat. You just have to watch the tiltiness when recovering and use those platforms to your fairs full potential. It can be dumb at times though. Every tourney I have went to had it on neutral, so I just manned up and learned what makes it good for Lucario instead of bad. I don't really have problems on it anymore.

Then again, Lucario doesn't really need auto-canceling other than instant dair, so I of course wouldn't be complaining as much as a Dorf player.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how a lot of characters fare on Lylat, but I do know it makes it so Ganaon can only use Dair towards the side that's tilting, and that I've had the stage tilt out of DK's UpB reach at just the last second.

Also, this thread got pretty ridiculous pretty fast.

KishSquared

Smash Master

It's like when I'm playing street fighter and someone starts using hadoken I pause the game, swing my controller around like a flail and proceed to beat them repeatedly with it while shouting "IT'S CALLED STREET FIGHTER YOU ****ING SCRUB NOT FIREBALL FIGHTER JESUS CHRIST I DON'T WANT TO ****ING FIGHT YOUR GOD ****ED FIREBALLS WE SHOULD BE FIGHTING HAND TO HAND THAT'S WHAT FIGHTING IS AND THAT'S WHAT SKILL IS NOT JUST SPAMMING SOME MAGICAL BALL OF ENERGY"

srsly lrn2play guys
I think the lesson here is that Joshu paused the game to deliver the beatdown. We should all be so considerate when playing matches.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion

srsly lrn2play guys

i dont see how somones haduken has anything to do with a stage.

Top Bottom