• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Backroom

MattNF

Smash Lord
I agree with nintendude, backroom should have pro players like myself who are extremely good at smash like myself. I am also extremely deserving of being in the backroom because I am good at smash. im totally not being elitist here or anything

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
a backroom would turn the smash64 section into a good ole' boys club of douchebags

L1ON

Smash Apprentice
a backroom would turn the smash64 section into a good ole' boys club of douchebags
Do I detect a hint of discouragement? Maybe it's because you know nobody wants you or nonsense like this in there? I'm all for a backroom whether I get in or not, and I'd love to get in. I just see the possible progress for our game and this community that will come with it. And me likey that.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Do I detect a hint of discouragement? Maybe it's because you know nobody wants you or nonsense like this in there? I'm all for a backroom whether I get in or not, and I'd love to get in. I just see the possible progress for our game and this community that will come with it. And me likey that.
idc if i get into a backroom on a forum, i think the smash64 section is fine right now

L1ON

Smash Apprentice
***********, idc if i get into a ****in backroom on a forum, i think the smash64 section is fine right now
Ah posts like these... Looks like another +1 for a backroom <3

I can give you TON of advice on the Kirby matchup. Just add me up on MSN. =D
I meant to respond to this earlier but I forgot where it was haha. Thanks, I'll look for you one of these days. My main is fox but I feel so much better with CF (I'm sure everyone mediocre feels this way haha)... Anyway yeah I love a lot of CF's match-ups too.. except the little 6 inch fluff ball ><

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I meant to respond to this earlier but I forgot where it was haha. Thanks, I'll look for you one of these days. My main is fox but I feel so much better with CF (I'm sure everyone mediocre feels this way haha)... Anyway yeah I love a lot of CF's match-ups too.. except the little 6 inch fluff ball ><
At mid level, Falcon always feels better. But he's a lot harder in higher levels of play. The better people you play, the more you notice his limits. It's all about practice though.

D

Deleted member

all you have to do is run in and up-smash when kirby isn't uptilting

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Hm... what else should we discuss? I think we're done. Lots of people agree with a backroom, lots of people disagree. It's up to you admins/mods to take the right decision now. We gave our input.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
yes, but is there anybody that cares enough to do so?

honestly who is going to get hurt from the establishment of the backroom, its not like voting yes will kill a baby seal or something

while there are people with valid arguments for no backroom, its undeniable that this will further the cause of competitive smash 64 (primarily in terms of image, but that - and a lack of community - is basically what we lack atm)

can somebody summarise all the arguments for and against (quotes included, hopefully), then post it in a new topic where we repost yay or nay? ill do it if nobody else will.

Battlecow

Play to Win
while there are people with valid arguments for no backroom, its undeniable that this will further the cause of competitive smash 64 (primarily in terms of image, but that - and a lack of community - is basically what we lack atm)
It's not undeniable; I deny it. I really don't think that a backroom will make a single melee or brawl player take smash more seriously. In fact, I think it'll hurt the cause of competitive smash 64 by splitting up an already small community.

That being said, I do support the reposting of all valid arguments, with quotes, in a single yea/nay thread. I don't have the time to do it right now, though; someone else'll have to do it.

titaniachkt

Smash Cadet
Wow, a 64 BRoom huh. I agree with nova though.
As everyone already knows, the 64 community is pretty tight knit. Is it purely by chance, or because we lack the necessary means to separate ourselves from each other? Regardless the reason, having a BRoom would no doubt ease the decision process ,when the time comes, by increasing the density of experienced knowledge + discussion vs less experienced knowledge + discussion.
Also, this:
It shouldn't be a hassle to make it an open forum like the Debate Hall, where only certain people are allowed to post (but it is visible to all).
Own section should take higher priority than BRoom atm, simply because there's a greater demand for the section (more recognition, traffic etc.) over the need to discuss things that, for the most part have already been discussed.
Cheeseball pretty much covered the main ideas of this topic with his posts :3

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Well there is certainly people on both sides of the backroom debate here. That said, good to see everyone contributing their thoughts so far. Gonna give this a few more days here (and thanks cheeseball for the voting topic, good resource there as well) and then perhaps talk to a few people individually and decide some things from there.

And yes, your own section is under consideration as well.

Just wanted to drop in with an update

SheerMadness

Smash Master
JV is definitely the most legit Admin. He actually listens to people. Thanks for hearing out the ssb64 community man.

And I remember you commentating the melee mlg VoD's back in the day.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i play smash64 quite a bit these days on galaxy's kaillera server, and if a new section is added i will contribute to it.

my votes for the 64backroom mods are for whoever has a proper enough mix of smash64 knowledge, play skill, and (what i think is a bit more important than the rest) responsible and effective moderator abilities

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Yeah I wish people who lead the BRoom became moderators. If Cheeseball got it he'd go power crazy lol.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yeah I wish people who lead the BRoom became moderators. If Cheeseball got it he'd go power crazy lol.
ahahaha that is very true.

As for my opinion: A BRoom would be a very good thing for the smash community to have.

I am on galaxy almost every day and my skill and understanding of the game has gotten to a decent level.

I think a BRoom would truly remove some of the nonsense posted in this topic.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I think a BRoom would truly remove some of the nonsense posted in this topic.
QFT

even if its the mods job to deal with it, it's still much better to have specific space with specific members...with a specific goal...it maybe "unique" but it works. We have seen it with Melee and Brawl.

The biggest question is, population, can we handle a Broom?

This all depends on how people get into the Broom, and who is deciding that (be it 1 or a few people...i think a few being better) if this is reconstructed properly we should have no problem generating good material.

Maintaining interest in the general discussions will always be the top priority in all honesty...because without it really we have no community ...just a few people who talk amongst them selves about a game no one seems to care about any more. That being said a Broom definitely would not hinder its growth. I mean why would it, unless people are so upset that they cannot instantly enter...that they quit D:

remember even if you are not in right away that does not mean later you could not join if progression is seen..this in truth is another reason why the Broom may actually improve peoples ability to debate and contribute fair and accurate data with their peers in a better way.

That factor also increases activity within the general threads simply because people are trying to be noticed if they want to get into the Broom, thus changing their attitudes or style or posting to fit whats needed for the community's growth.

This works wonderfully if some people from Melee or Brawl sections notice our Broom (perhaps an ad on the boards? :o) and decide they want to be a part of what seems to be a growing community...because many people see smash64 as...dead and old...we need to find a means to throw that attitude away as much as we can...and this in my opinion is at least a step in the right direction

Battlecow

Play to Win
At this point we're down to rehashing old arguments and making super-dumb new ones. Everyone knows what everyone else thinks, and everyone has had time to formulate an opinion.

At this point, it's down to waiting to see if the powers that be decide to let things lie because the community is split, or to make a BRoom because that's the will of the majority.

Personally, I think fundamental changes should need a two-thirds majority to pass, constitution-style. But then, you know why I think that =p.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
At this point we're down to rehashing old arguments and making super-dumb new ones. Everyone knows what everyone else thinks, and everyone has had time to formulate an opinion.

At this point, it's down to waiting to see if the powers that be decide to let things lie because the community is split, or to make a BRoom because that's the will of the majority.
This is what I pretty much think.

Top Bottom