• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Although I think it's probably safe to say I won't be losing to your mac again any time soon. Strategy is set.
the 10 stages and 1 ban and duck hunt legal strategy is defs a good one

shoutouts to deez
ledge cheats at smash 4 just like he did brawl, nothing has changed there
pm is the real game (still yet to drop a set to jim, too easy rly), melee is just skill and intelligence
etc

Last edited:

Haydino

Smash Cadet
Afropony; you're playing really well and every1 knows you're god tier. You should've beat Dom I think if we play a bit you'll do really well next time.
Haydino; Thanks for bringing Mfrek it was a good effort. Not too shabby in Smash4
You're not supposed to play favorites with your kids, Billy

Only one shoutout:
Joey, you're lucky I let you off with a warning. I won't let you win next time, just didn't want to embarrass you in front of the cool kids.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer

shoutouts to deez
ledge cheats at smash 4 just like he did brawl, nothing has changed there
pm is the real game (still yet to drop a set to jim, too easy rly), melee is just skill and intelligence
etc
Delphino was clean, BF was my game to lose. Realistically, you can hard camp mac on any stage that isnt FD, or to a lesser extent, TC. Two bans against mac would actually make CPs pretty useless for him.

I camped extra hard on Duck Hunt to prove a point; I can effectively dair camp most of the cast on that tree and circle camp. Sometimes people don't listen to these things until I show them; no one wants to keep this stage now.

Splice

Smash Hero
The person who has been the most vocal about being pro-ban for duck hunt is Attila.

@ Haydino Haydino I didn't get to see you in Melee bracket so I can't comment. I'm sorry! :x

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
so whose idea was it to have duck hunt legal? in that case i'm super glad attila abused it (and well)
grab the torches

Splice

Smash Hero
so whose idea was it to have duck hunt legal? in that case i'm super glad attila abused it (and well)
grab the torches
so far I feel there's been a case of too many cooks spoil the broth but uh
I think that Duck Hunt should be legal (because only a few characters can get camped as hard as Little Mac) but I also think that with 9 stages there MUST be 2 bans.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
So there's a bunch of events coming up in the lead up to BAM that I couldn't fit it all in the title to find it below.

May 9-10
ANIME CREW 2010 FC OPEN WEIGHT GRAND PRIX CHAMPIONSHIP
@ Coburg RSL
Details: https://www.facebook.com/events/355197574687766/
Melee, PM, S4 maybe

May 16
My B
@ Games Laboratory
Details: https://www.facebook.com/events/628554727246077/
Melee, PM, S4 unlikely

May 22
Smash Lab
@ Games Laboratory
Details: TBC
Melee

May 23
Project Melbourne
@ 6 Davies St, Brunswick
Details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1007560829273773/
PM

With BAM7 starting on the night of May 23rd obvs.

Enjoy

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
thanx so much for the signal boost joey now that i am officially homeless i need everyone to give me money so i can provide the world with my excellent smash services

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Would there be one of you guys willing to vouch for me or help to please get in into some of these events? I just really want to play melee and smash 4 but due to being 16, I can't go. I don't intend on drinking at all. :/
You don't look 16 so I'm sure if you just rock up and don't try to buy booze/bring too much attention to yourself you'll be fine.

DD_

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I'm scared about though is getting caught and getting in trouble. Like, I'm not even sure what would happen if I got caught.
If you weren't trying to do anything that was illegal like drink or smoke they would just ask you to leave (Source: Was kicked out of a lot of city Venus when I was underage)

NeoTurtle

Smash Rookie
also out of curiosity does anyone know the reasoning behind us not using kongo 64 as doubles cp

Not that I'm thinking we should be or anything, I'm just not sure why we don't

Splice

Smash Hero
also out of curiosity does anyone know the reasoning behind us not using kongo 64 as doubles cp

I think people believe being able to go through the stage from underneath is objectively bad because it's different
And floaties live too long/games go longer so that's not fun
And the stage is too big
+ the barrel is evil + change is scary after having a solid ruleset for several years.

Melee deserves a 7th stage for singles but even if a good one was presented somehow it'd still be scary coz the meta is developing so nicely naturally with our 6 stages and no bans in a best of 5, despite the sad truth that no bans in a best of 5 can feel pretty yuck. Kongo could be the 7th stage for doubles, I believe it is actually functional and fair as doubles stage, but for all the above reasons it is not worth it.

Last edited:

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
under 18s are okay at the anime crew event itself but not for any afterparty

just make sure you don't try to buy liquor or cigs

they sell ciggies at the rsl how mad is that
old ppl punching durries

Last edited:

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for that. Hopefully I can go. I still don't have any intention to buy alcohol :/ would you know if its the same thing with games Lab as well cause I'd like to meet some of the guys that are coming down here.
Please read the details of the MyB event.TL;DR It's all ages at level 1, the bar in the basement is 18+

To the kids who want to sneak into the bar at Smash lab, you run the risk of ruining it for EVERYONE. No more venue, no more permanent smash set ups, no more monthly Smash Lab. I don't control the law - I can't believe I have to state this.

Last edited:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace

worst part has to be the ****ing side plats. too high. Stage is just dumb big and full of dumb stuff that can happen but the worst part is neutral game is really dumb there

S.D

Smash Master
I think people believe being able to go through the stage from underneath is objectively bad because it's different
And floaties live too long/games go longer so that's not fun
And the stage is too big
+ the barrel is evil + change is scary after having a solid ruleset for several years.

Melee deserves a 7th stage for singles but even if a good one was presented somehow it'd still be scary coz the meta is developing so nicely naturally with our 6 stages and no bans in a best of 5, despite the sad truth that no bans in a best of 5 can feel pretty yuck. Kongo could be the 7th stage for doubles, I believe it is actually functional and fair as doubles stage, but for all the above reasons it is not worth it.
Bring back mute city.
Solved.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
interesting that bill is keen for a 7th
i'd rather chop off pk or at least lock its transofmrations (along with dl wind and yoshis fly guys)

Splice

Smash Hero
interesting that bill is keen for a 7th
i'd rather chop off pk or at least lock its transofmrations (along with dl wind and yoshis fly guys)
I'm not opposed to the wind and fly guys but I wouldn't mind a locked PK or removing it.

7 stages is just an ideal amount to have one ban in place for best of 5's which would be good, especially when things like Marth on FD and Peach on Dreamland exist.

Top Bottom