• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

S.D

Smash Master
interesting that bill is keen for a 7th
i'd rather chop off pk or at least lock its transofmrations (along with dl wind and yoshis fly guys)
They're doing all that with 20xx tournament edition yeah? Wonder if it'll ever become standard...
If it did then you could have the green greens mod as a 7th.
But come on man no fly guys or wind? WHat's next ban randall and changing platforms on FoD?

Jamwa

Smash Champion
as an active ness main and better player than dave you will consider my woes

The camera on green greens is so much worse though, half of the vertical to the blast zone you can't see its v annoying to dair -> uair when i cant see the opponent.

dont know why PM kept DL wind lol. its kinda manipulable and fun i guess. also kills ness tho if i wanna pkt1 someone
i love shy guys but they have a history of adversity towards little kids

S.D

Smash Master
If you take away the wind you can't do charge f smash ride the breeze and outspace ledge get up attack like a boss.
Also no fly guys mean more free chain grabs for marth and noone wants that.

Splice

Smash Hero
u can also use the wind to fall off platforms from the right with getup attack iirc
I know there are tricks with the wind if you are in knock-down on a plat.

i really hope im not thinking of 64

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
love the stage layout of hacked greens but it's like bigger than dreamland
Thats why it balances out with a mix of Pk locked legal (short but lenghty stage) and 1 ban in bo5 2 bans bo3 with a 7 stage set.

At least thats how id do it

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
it's high ceiling right

high ceiling with no top platform = diversity, good mix, balanced

S.D

Smash Master
It's kind of like a DL sized pokemon stadium.
The only problem is that sometimes there's an invisible block or something in the floor that can mess with your aerials.

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Ceiling isnt tooo high
i was dying to it last night around 100-110ish as ness from fox usmash, i can usually live till the usmash hits me to 110ish on FoD
im not so sure of my feeling vs the actual stage dimensions tho..

the sides are huge tho

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
secondary greens and ps1 Counterpick.
you can't have 6 starters so you can't make green greens a starter without making PokeStadium a starter (to get an odd number again), and doing that would make your tournament the WORST EVER

Last edited:

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
you can't have 6 starters so you can't make green greens a starter without making PokeStadium a starter (to get an odd number again), and doing that would make your tournament the WORST EVER
ok sounds good

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
In the netherlands PS is a starter instead of FD. Nightmare fuel?

NeoTurtle

Smash Rookie
if we're doing custom green greens legal, how do we feel about no shy guys Yoshis, and no wind dreamland?
also lock pokemon stadium to no transforms?

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
if we're doing custom green greens legal, how do we feel about no shy guys Yoshis, and no wind dreamland?
also lock pokemon stadium to no transforms?
nah nah pit fights are brutal as & are staying in the ruleset
the dreamland wind isnt invasive enough
idk about the shy guys though those guys are *****

Splice

Smash Hero
leave the other stages

I feel like having green greens legal just for the anime crew tourney as a one time thing is very VERY appropriate.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Gentle reminder that My B is this Sunday and Smash lab is Thursday before BAM7 - get warmed up! You can also Pre-reg for Project Melbourne here.

Sunday 17th May
My B
@ Games Laboratory
Full Details: https://www.facebook.com/events/628554727246077/
Melee, PM
$10 venue fee, $5 singles, $5 doubles per person
Stage 1 - All ages
Stage 2 - 18+

May 21
Smash Lab - Pre BAM SALTY SUITE 18+
@ Games Laboratory
Details: https://www.facebook.com/events/375086742682380/375670572623997/
Melee
$5 Venue fee only

May 22
Project Melbourne
@ 6 Davies St, Brunswick
Details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1007560829273773/
PM

We currently working with CW to get Smash 4 in some form at My B - stay tuned.

EDIT: Acts of God prevent Smash 4 at this event, apologies

Last edited:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Gentle reminder that My B is this Sunday and Smash lab is Thursday before BAM7 - get warmed up! You can also Pre-reg for Project Melbourne here.

Sunday 16th May
My B
@ Games Laboratory
Melee, PM
Stage 1 - All ages
Stage 2 - 18+

May 22
@ Games Laboratory
Melee
$5 Venue fee only

Sunday 23rd May
Project Melbourne
@ 6 Davies St, Brunswick
PM

We currently working with CW to get Smash 4 in some form at My B - stay tuned.
Holy inaccurate dates batman!

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Holy inaccurate dates batman!
joey has gone full overworked on us

Here is a corrected version:

Sunday 17th May
My B
@ Games Laboratory
Melee, PM
Stage 1 - All ages
Stage 2 - 18+

Thursday May 21st
6PM @ Games Laboratory
Melee
$5 Venue fee only

Friday 22nd May
Project Melbourne
@ 6 Davies St, Brunswick
PM

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Ty. Everything is hard atm.

PS: Acts of God prevent Smash 4 at this MyB, apologies

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Since when was is ever not confirmed?
Also doesn't sme asking about what crews to do on Friday also indirectly confirm it?
Thanks

The people I talked to were never sure it was locked in and I don't like to make assumptions (even if they'd be good ones) so nah it wasn't confirmed to me from the text that I have read.

In that case, what's the earliest we can head into the CQ on Friday night, and when do we have to leave?
I wanna update Project Melbourne schedule (especially since VIC vs. NSW crew is now confirmed)

Last edited:

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
As I said in my BAM shoutouts, I'll be taking an indefinite break from running tournaments.

This means that Dreadtech is now Head TO of the CW monthlies.

This also means, if anyone who is keen to step up to be assistant TO, please let me know. People with previous experience only - helping out at previous monthlies does count.

...But what if you have no/little experience and want to TO?

Smash Lab, the monthly event at the Alchemists refuge, is looking for guest TOs. If chosen, you get sole control over the event. You get to choose the game, tournament, entry fee, pay out etc. I will be to give guidance, help out should things go wrong and to maintain relations with the owner but otherwise you can consider it your own event.

If a successful event is run, you will be considered to TO at monthlies and be part TO team for future majors.

If interested, please PM here with your pitch your ideal event. Next Smash Lab is on the 13th of June, 6pm to late.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Ur all fked,

We were having a good run, It's over now

My reign of tyranny has begun (reluctantly).

First act of head TO watever the hell title this is, I've up[dated the melee rules on neutral starts and port priority. THese are found under the melee ruleset spoiler tab.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Can I get some clarity on the nuetral/port rule.

Either player may enact this rule. Once enacted, both players may only use one of the two “Neutral Starting Positions”. A best of one game of Rock Paper Scissors may be used to determine who gets the higher port. If one player elects to Contest Port Priority and the other elects to Neutral Start, Neutral Start takes priority.

"Neutral start takes priority", does that mean you cannot contest ports if a player calls neutral start? If not then how do you determine who uses what port? The wording is kind of clunky, but I assume you can still do an RPS for ports after neutral start has been called, within the boundaries of the remaining 2 ports? Or does the player who did not call neutral start get port preference?

Pedantic yes, but it's important. As a fox player I always want the higher port number. This is actually very significant due to increased hitstun on u throw, especially v spacies. (see below for example)

Against Fox, up throw can chain into itself regardless of DI from 0-66% damage if the thrown character has a lower port number and from 0-54% damage if the thrown character has a higher port number than his opponent (both before unstale throw).

So if I walk up to a setup to play my match, the guy is in port 4 and I say I want to contest ports, does this just get canned if he says neutral start? And why should the player who elects neutral start still get the additional bonus of potentially scoring the better/preferred port? It's like having your cake and eating it too the way the rule stands.

Splice

Smash Hero
Say we're playing on FD
If neutral start is called, you MUST use port 1 or 2, so that guy would have unplug from port 4 anyway.
You are allowed to ask for an RPS from that point to contest which of those two ports you prefer.
But if neutral start is called on FD, no-one will be using port 4.

Also lol that you've been the guy "with the cake and eating it too" the whole time... pretty funny you'd choose to say that.

Top Bottom