• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I plan on creating another impromptu team on the day. I also plan to get Brawl doubles finished this time...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
what results? robsta hasn't even been coming to tourneys
#SSHYPE #thekingreturns

S.D

Smash Master
We need to decide on a points system for the prizes at end of season. Pokemon and free entry to SS. 2 for each game I think.

Including last tournament as that was first round.

Thinking maybe accumulate points for top 8.

1. 10
2. 8
3. 6
4. 5
5. 4
7. 2

Best 3 results count as we are not sure how many tournaments we'll run between now and then and also the fact that not everyone can make everything else will balance it a bit. Does this suit everyone????

Danza

Smash Apprentice
We need to decide on a points system for the prizes at end of season. Pokemon and free entry to SS. 2 for each game I think.

1. 10
2. 8
3. 6
4. 5
5. 4
7. 2

Best 3 results count as we are not sure how many tournaments we'll run between now and then and also the fact that not everyone can make everything else will balance it a bit. Does this suit everyone????
Hmm, it sounds interesting.
This is what i think though:

1: 10
2: 9
3: 8
4: 7
5: 6
6: 5
7: 4
8: 3
9: 2
10: 1

But that's what i think anyways lol. Looks more simple also.

S.D

Smash Master
That system means you would have to have playoffs for 5/6 and 7/8 as well as 9/10.... playoffs would be longer than the tournament itself.

Keep in mind there will be two people sharing 5th and 7th (therefore covering 6 and 8) and beyond that there is four 9th place finishers in a bracket.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
what time are people planning on staying til? earliest i could arrive would be around 7. keen for dinner and stuff too.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman

1. 10
2. 8
3. 6
4. 5
5. 4
7. 2

Rather than a points system. I suggest that the winner of each round have a place for playoffs. That way it could be easier for people who can't make it to every round either due to personal, medical, family reasons etc. I also think that the top 8 should be given seeding points for SS. Just an opinion. Please tell me what you think.

S.D

Smash Master
Playoffs? I'm suggesting a points system whereby your best three results equate to a total score. No finals perse, the highest point score for each game wins the prize, if there is a draw then there is a playoff.

Seeding is pretty much redundant anyway because of interstate attendance.

Danza

Smash Apprentice
this most likely won't happen, because you never know with Public Transport, but if it did, is it ok that me, Tommie and Steve can still get into singles if we showed up late ?, our names can be put in, because we will attend, it's just sometimes there is disruptions, but usually not. There have been previous problems with the Bus Route we take, but still not as worse as Train Lines usually get, so Bus is better.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
if you're running a bit late if you can text someone at the venue (Jei's number's in the first post) then that would probably be best.

MR_Scribble

Smash Cadet
I plan on going up there today but i got tennis in the morning so depending what ever time that finishes depends when i will get there, hope to see you guys there :)

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
might be doing brawl singles first, depends what the Smash Daddy says.
so if singles is first that'd be a 1-1:30 start hopefully.

Top Bottom