• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Splice

Smash Hero
@RedX: Everyone in the Brawl PR can play a few characters, most people keep it pretty restrictive and serious though (or they're fanboys like Jei who has a hard on for Pit and Yoshi). I can play 10 characters to an extent I'm proud of because I've been playing for long enough to pick it all up.

I highly recommend you start with one though.

You see Nido, you can learn as many characters as you want, it's more learning them at the same time which is the problem. If you want to develop 3 characters altogether, you're not gonna get enough time per tournament to develop adequately. Develop one, practice them up over a few tournaments so that you can get the fundamentals that apply to all characters down, then start learning other characters as you need them (for example Ice Climbers to help you beat GaW, or Olimar to help you actually win tournaments because he's actually a good character lol) and you will get things done faster.

Learning one character asks you to change your mentality too often and it will take too long to grasp the fundamentals that will make learning other characters easier later on anyway.

That said, you could definitely juggle two characters if you're on the ball and pay attention at tournaments. But if you change your characters after each tournament, it could be tough.

Nido

ily Sebby
@RedX: Everyone in the Brawl PR can play a few characters, most people keep it pretty restrictive and serious though (or they're fanboys like Jei who has a hard on for Pit and Yoshi). I can play 10 characters to an extent I'm proud of because I've been playing for long enough to pick it all up.

I highly recommend you start with one though.

You see Nido, you can learn as many characters as you want, it's more learning them at the same time which is the problem. If you want to develop 3 characters altogether, you're not gonna get enough time per tournament to develop adequately. Develop one, practice them up over a few tournaments so that you can get the fundamentals that apply to all characters down, then start learning other characters as you need them (for example Ice Climbers to help you beat GaW, or Olimar to help you actually win tournaments because he's actually a good character lol) and you will get things done faster.

Learning one character asks you to change your mentality too often and it will take too long to grasp the fundamentals that will make learning other characters easier later on anyway.

That said, you could definitely juggle two characters if you're on the ball and pay attention at tournaments. But if you change your characters after each tournament, it could be tough.
Seems fair
And my GC conTROLLer I got 4 days ago is already screwing up :mad:
Why am I being punished? :urg:

TidusAni

Smash Apprentice
ahaha billy i was mucking around.

brawl is a stupid game.
and i shall respond by playing it stupidly.
which means picking metaknight and doing lots of upBs

on a better note.

TEAM REQUESTS FOR MELEE YO - Attila / Shaz / Skeletom / Earl

Jamwa

Smash Champion
What you want is really a few mains so you haven't got many bad MU's, and 3 is probably the best because you pretty much can cover up all your MU's but still maintain skill in those characters as you will play them often and keep up to scratch.

@Atilla is lucas still part of your 3?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
@redx: u gunna need all of them on ur team to stand a chance against haikal + dekar

Robsta

Smash Ace
**** YEAH MOONEE POND FIGHT THA POWA!!

I'm keen to run 64 consistently now that the venue is so close by

Dekar289

Smash Hero
the area is upstairs
there is also a bar area upstairs where you can order drinks and pub tucker

there is also a kfc 300m down the road :)

Splice

Smash Hero
that's most of ledge's metaknight game
and the entirety of mine
And so it would be for any other respectable, well-educated MK main.
It's taken me two years but I think I'm almost at that level.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yer i thought once you work at a fast food chain you're put off it for life

i guess kfc is no fast food chain
it's a dream factory

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Ricky will probably play you if he brings his ds, but I.don't know whether he's keen to go in the first place. Attila plays pokes too.

I don't play, too **** at the metagame lol.

:phone:

Nido

ily Sebby
Ricky will probably play you if he brings his ds, but I.don't know whether he's keen to go in the first place. Attila plays pokes too.

I don't play, too **** at the metagame lol.

I can only do 4th gen as my Pokemon Black was taken by my cousin and he restarted so I've got it without anything good D:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
He has an M3 with platinum, but I'm pretty sure all the pokemon are SAVed. Same with mine, but I can't play very well at all lul.

They should rename these new pokemon games to

Stealth rockamon

Nido

ily Sebby
Gen 4 is Diamond and Pearl right? And how strong are your Pokemon? Cause my strongest is about LV 90.
I use my competitive ones with EVs how I need them, so all mine are 100
Yeah gen 4 is D/P/Pt/HG/SS
Oh wait I remember I gave my friend my good B/W Pokemon so I can do gen 5
I just prefer gen 4

Nido

ily Sebby
He has an M3 with platinum, but I'm pretty sure all the pokemon are SAVed. Same with mine, but I can't play very well at all lul.

They should rename these new pokemon games to

Stealth rockamon

Mine are SAV'd too

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Oh okays then, just checking because I've seen a couple of people in the past rage at people for having sav'd pokes. It's understandable in cases because legit pokes font get maxed out IVs while most hacked pokes do. But if both opponents have SAVed pokes, then its like sure whatever.

Also let me know when you're free to discuss the brawl ruleset jei. Although you're probably still busy moving and stuff.

Nido

ily Sebby
Oh okays then, just checking because I've seen a couple of people in the past rage at people for having sav'd pokes. It's understandable in cases because legit pokes font get maxed out IVs while most hacked pokes do. But if both opponents have SAVed pokes, then its like sure whatever.

But my legit team does better than my SAV'd ones
It's weird

Danza

Smash Apprentice
ahaha billy i was mucking around.

brawl is a stupid game.
and i shall respond by playing it stupidly.
which means picking metaknight and doing lots of upBs

on a better note.

TEAM REQUESTS FOR MELEE YO - Attila / Shaz / Skeletom / Earl
couldn't agree more with how stupid brawl is...
i also spam Up+B alot if a character like Falco or another cheap character is playing against me. So whoever decides on Chaingrab characters against me at this tournament... is gonna have 1 boring match, because im gonna spam Up+B and run away when they get close.

Nido

ily Sebby
Maybe its because they're raised with love <3. Unlike saved ones which get manually create. Yeahzzz.

Lol maybe
Or just that whenever I play with the SAV'd pokemon my opponent knows what I'm doing all the time and counters effectively

Top Bottom