• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

MR_Scribble

Smash Cadet
I live in around south-east melb, anyway if any get togethers come up ill try and get there and try to bring along my friends. also would u happen to have any vids of matches so I could see the standard? (dont wanna get my *** kicked too badly :L )

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I live in around south-east melb, anyway if any get togethers come up ill try and get there and try to bring along my friends. also would u happen to have any vids of matches so I could see the standard? (dont wanna get my *** kicked too badly :L )

click for suprise
risk or no risk
scary gifs what lies beyond

credit to SPLCE for links

Splice

Smash Hero
The skill level is all over the place.
Recommended watching though:
Hype ****

And this channel has a lot of tournament vids on it, however these are mostly all our BEST players
There are a lot of people who are a lot worse than them, myself included. SD's channel

The above video that Dekar posted is a more accurate presentation of what goes on 95% of the time.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hey scribble, east melb is the bomb. Most of the melee players are in east/south east melb who are currently active.

If you want to post your mobile I can message you about upcoming meets/such when theyre on. Otherwise stay peeled on the board as we post most things here.

With skill level we have a large range of people and being good or anything isnt required. Some of us love to teach too so you can easily get help too if you want to try fast track improvement.

We were all new at some stage so dont be worried.

on another note, anyone for melee tonight?

:phone:

Splice

Smash Hero
on another note, anyone for melee tonight?
At your place?
Depends who is coming, might just play Starcraft tonight :reverse:

Btw I can come pick up the drums like halfway through January if that's still all good?
Sorry if they're taking up heaps of room and ****, I have to move and sell stuff first to make room for them.

Also check Chris out, got another song going on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQYNEj51EUI&feature=youtu.be
Just got accepted on OCRemix -> http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02572/

S.D

Smash Master
Maybe me too. Keep me posted Phil.

Welcome to Mr Scribble.

It doesn't matter what level you're at the best way to improve is by playing with people a little higher up. Look forward to meeting you.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
dont get back from work until like 7:30 and everyone is "maybe"

I have plans for tommorow so might just call it no since no yes's from peeps i msged too

MR_Scribble

Smash Cadet
If u need to contact me
mobile 0413069309
skype mr_scribble2442
steam : MR_Scribble (laptop is screwed atm so dont expect a response any time soon...)
btw going away for a week and sadly theres gonna be no internet access there so i wont be on smashboards for a while anyway just keep me updated for anything happening
btw one question do we refer to each other as our real names or online names?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I sometimes do both with real names and forum names. I mostly call people by their forum names, but their real name if its easier to say haha. Although some people use their real name as their fourm names anyway like mine for example. Heh.

I think the shadow hq is going under renovations through January. So keep in touch with meets I guess :p

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Uhm yeah, I posted a message on the shadowloo page and got this. Hopefully this helps clear anything up.

Hey Leisha,

Sorry I haven't been in contact with you guys, been quite busy over the holidays with the renovations. It's coming along quite nicely but we will need a little more time before we can have everything ready to provide the best gaming environment for the Smash Community.

I'll do my best to pencil in a date for next month, even if it isn't an official tournament, maybe just meet at the HQ to get people interested again?

Most of us will be going up to Sydney on the 23rd and 24th of February for the Ozhadou Nationals so we might try and organize something for you guys the week before.

Anyway, I'll make a post of Smashboards and see what people have to say.

So I dont think an actual tournament will be happening for a while, but we can organize a meetup there once they can give us a date. (We could probably run a mini tournament with no pot anyway.)

Splice

Smash Hero
It's almost a week before the 23rd can we start organising a tournament or something soon please?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah Im not a fan of this new layout either, the other one was fine. :/

Oh well, better get used to it. I might contact CW again soon, unless someone went to that meeting people were talking about?

Splice

Smash Hero
Site is more complicated now I think, seems less friendly. Like my bed is suddenly parralel to the eastern wall of my room rather than the southern one. Also some HTML is different or something atm, so some things like the PR and stuff look silly. I guess that will be fixed tho, at least the boards are up.

Smash needs representatives, no-one went to the meeting to rep for smash? Goddamn. We need to hit up on some events ASAP there is like a smash-tournament drought yo. Everyone so damn busy now, Jei and Redact busy, I wanna help but I'm in over my head in business right now too. Even if it's not at SLHQ it'd be really nice if someone could set something up. Tournaments are a much better motivation and critique on your improvements than friendlies, they keep the hype going. Like Gary is getting all mad technical now, and sure it's like he's better every time I play him but without tournaments he ain't exactly getting to flaunt it :/ :/ :/

Leisha I need to talk to you, about the status of SLHQ and their # and SL.Chris etc.

Shoutouts to Bahoo for try'n'ta make things happen and getting people together mmyeah

Splice

Smash Hero
I'm talking about tournaments and our connections with other FGC entities, as far as I take it you don't have time to sort out all that?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
They've got an interstate tourney this weekend, that most will be going to. I will try to make something happen the week after.

Bu$

HoC
Haha ty Splice. I'm really keen for the next monthly. On another note, anyone keen for melee sometime during the week before Friday night??

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I messaged the SQ regarding smash, so its waiting on them to respond before anything happens.

Cant do anything this weekend since Ricky is coming down for the weekend. I'll keep this stuff updated though.

Okay, I should be taking over smash for a bit. I wasnt able to attend the CW meeting due to work but ill probably try another form of communication to sort things out for smash this year and BAM incoming.

Regarding rulesets and such, what do people want? I'll probably need a volunteer to run melee aswell whenever we have a tournament and such. I know enough about it though, just cant play it =P.

Just want to get some discussion flowing since we've been dead for a few months.

Top Bottom