• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

SL.Chris

Smash Cadet
Hey Guys,

Judging by the last couple of posts it seems that Saturday is the preferred day for Smash so lets try that for the next event.

So instead of November 25th, how about we make the next Smash event on the 1st of December?

As PS All-Stars will be released on the 22nd of November and my original plan was to run a launch tournament on the 25th in conjunction with Smash.

Even though Smash is moved to the 1st of December I would still like to go ahead with the All Stars Launch Tournament and then on the following Saturday, we'll run another All-Stars tournament along side Smash.

So in summary:

Sunday 25th of November - PS All-Stars Launch Tournament + 2D Fighters
Saturday 1st of December - Smash + PS All-Stars + 3D Fighters

If everyone is cool with that, we'll pencil those dates down.

In regards to alternating days for Smash, for the time being I would like to keep it on one day just to maintain consistency while we're still trying to sort out our own schedule to cater for other games.

Again, the other thing to take into consideration is how will PS All-Stars affect this? Do you guys think it would be good to have it on the same day as Smash?
If possible I would like to have the game run on the same day as some of our 2D/3D Fighters at the start, just to give the game some extra exposure when it is released to hopefully attract a new crowd of players to the game.

Each type of schedule has its pros and cons. We can group them together because they are similar games and will have a similar player base, but that means that players might need to bounce between 2-3 different games at each event.

Alternatively, we could have the 2 Smash games as they are and have PS All-Stars on a different day so one week people can focus on Smash and the next week they can focus on PS All Stars. But that might mean too many events for people who want to play both Smash Games and All Stars.

We'll see how things go when the game is released and we can decide on a more permanent day later down the track. We're always open to suggestions at ShadowLogic, so feel free to let me know what you guys think would be best for the community and I'll do what I can to help.

Thanks. =)

Splice

Smash Hero
make a good time happen for my brother redact
I can make 25th and if that's better for phil then that's better for me too
Still two weeks away though

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
billy is my youngest brother

theres

Philip Pretty (Redact)
David Pretty (Dekar)
Billy Pretty (Splice)

we are actual brothers

i remember back when billy did poops in his pants, he sometimes still does but not much so he doesnt wear daipers anymore

Splice

Smash Hero
^
Yes do it, do it, I agree completely

Also Redact, I figure since i only **** my pants every so often, the money we save as a family by not purchasing diapers makes up for the money we lose every time I have to throw out a whole pair of pants when it happens. Ghetto cost efficiency.

Splice

Smash Hero
I think it's more distasteful that he succumbed to peer pressure to play LoL.

Obeying peer pressure to main Metaknight (from me) is acceptable because that's something in your heart of hearts that you truely want to do. Everyone does, deep down inside. But to deface your personal moral code due to the demands of others is another. The next thing you know, he's off his face on hard drugs and wearing distasteful sneakers.

I'm sure the Walrus Kr3w wouldn't be pleased Seb.

PS. Everybody play Pikmin 2 with me please, I'm 18 and I'm single, be the Louie to my Olimar

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Ok. Will you be at the monthly on Dec 1st?
Best of 5?
oh no you dont

mm me first u [edit] cat, $1,000,000 dollars

also pikmin 2 wars then mebbe u lend it

there's only 3 walrusi left now who play DotA, 2 are pretty much inactive but 1 dotAs occasionally and 2 have converted to lol

SL.Chris

Smash Cadet
Re: Upcoming Events at SLHQ

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to reconfirm the dates for the upcoming events at ShadowLogicHQ:

Sunday, 25th of November - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Launch Tournament.

As PS All-Stars will be released on the 22nd of November, we'll be looking to run the first event on the 25th as a Launch Tournament. So for those of you that are interested, definitely come down this Sunday and check it out.

I know not everyone will own a PS3, so I'll be gathering some extra controllers in lead up to the event so everyone can have a chance to play in the tournament and get some friendlies in during the day.

Saturday, 1st of December - Smash Tournament.

This will be the next official Smash Tournament. I'll keep you guys up to date in terms of equipment in case we fall short in any areas, but at the moment it looks like we'll be able to have everything we need so you'll only need to bring your controllers with you. =)

The other thing I wanted to ask you guys about was the idea of casual meetups. Right now I've got all the CRT's at SLHQ setup and good to go, we're just missing the consoles at the moment but once we get those in we'll have up to 8 Smash Setups ready to be used at any given notice.

Some of you guys have been talking about organising meetups in the other threads but there doesn't seem to be a consistent location for it. So what do you guys think about having these at ShadowLogicHQ?

At the moment we have something similar for our other fighting games where on the Friday Night we'll have the venue open and people can come in and have casuals all night. We stay open till around 4AM so everyone will usually have gotten a tonne of games in by the end of it.

Is this something that the Smash crowd would be interested in? It doesn't necessarily have to be anything official, though it would be more organised if it was but I was really just thinking of supplementing the Monthly Smash events with some regular casuals meetups on the side as well.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions I'm more than happy to hear them. If you want we can move the discussion to the other thread and keep this one just for Tournament related talk.

Thanks Ya'll. =)

P.S - Doors will open at 12pm during the event days for casuals and warm ups, the tournaments themselves will usually start at around the 2.30 - 3.00 mark. I haven't set a start time for the PS All-Stars event yet, but I'll post here as soon as we have it finalized.

ViVa

Smash Ace
Will try to be at both events.
Some of you guys have been talking about organising meetups in the other threads but there doesn't seem to be a consistent location for it. So what do you guys think about having these at ShadowLogicHQ?

At the moment we have something similar for our other fighting games where on the Friday Night we'll have the venue open and people can come in and have casuals all night. We stay open till around 4AM so everyone will usually have gotten a tonne of games in by the end of it.
Oh god YES

Splice

Smash Hero
Regular casual meet ups would be pretty useful.
We've often created meets at peoples houses, but this would be more accessible.
Plus my house is **** for meets now. Expensive music **** everywhere.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Regular casual meet ups would be pretty useful.
We've often created meets at peoples houses, but this would be more accessible.
Plus my house is **** for meets now. Expensive music **** everywhere.
D:
but pizza and seb playing soccer

also since its holidays, i'd be keen to go to any meetup/casual at slhq

Splice

Smash Hero
Oh i can still have people over

I just can't stack it up with 12 people all partyin' and ****

Top Bottom