• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I find it weird that everyone suspects Jigglypuff in Smash is female.
How can you tell?
I don't see a physical difference that determines gender.
Pikachu's a guy because the way his tail is.
The same thing's with some others. Take Charizard for example. How do you know Charizard's a "he?"
Maybe Charizard is secretly that one female character everybody demands.
Charizards are female 1/8th of the time. Jigglypuff are male 1/4 of the time.

We just play the odds.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"Pic of the day. I, Takamaru, have waited many years to appear in Super Smash Bros.! Link, Samus, Pit, and I debuted in the same year! Multidirectional Pinwheel Knife Rook Attack!! (FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy.)"

That attack name rolls right off the tongue. If he was a playable character, we would have our second epic match lined up.
Mario vs Mega Man vs Sonic vs Pac-Man
Link vs Samus vs Pit vs Takamaru

...Just a random thought :troll:

I'll be sure to make it a point to keep spawning assist trophies in training mode so he can assist me with his multidirectional pinwheel knife rook attacks.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh no

Yuka-chan and Keitaro finally hooked up and were going to challenge the world that a human and Orphnoch COULD live together

BUT

The police and evil Orphanoch's put the 3 good Orphanoch's into a trap and Yuka-chan was killed

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
He is also the dumb one who sent nude pics to a girl not thinking she would not post them online lol

Also it's a sad day for Takamaru supporters. I wasn't one of them but still sad for them

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dylan Sprouse (Zack), who I thought was a complete tool on the Suite Life of Zack and Cody, earned my respect today.

http://i.imgur.com/gETBhPx.jpg

Friggin hilarious.
He had a hilarious AMA on Reddit just recently too, he's actually very knowledgable on Smash and wants to get into the scene, he generally seems like a really cool guy.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So nothing came out of that Coro Tour thing? Figures. If we didn't get anything from Comic Con, we were very unlikely to get anything from that.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So apparently twitch is 60fps. This was a lovely surprise when viewing Smash Bros. If only YouTube wouldn't be so incompetent...

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Is this disconfirmation week?

Oh boy, that sucks considering I support many PRIME CANDIDATES FOR DISCONFIRMATION.
Me too. :(

I support characters like Lip, Bandana Dee, and such. With that said, the roster is already just so amazing for me with characters like Rosalina, Palutena, Robin, and Lucina that I couldn't care less anymore. :3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I objectively have the best uni schedule I've ever had in my life, and I'm just so apathetic towards it.
Only 3 days a week. Monday and Friday off [4 day weekendsss yoooooooo #partylife]. All classes start 1pm at the earliest.
The worst type of sleeping habits/lifestyle will only become more prevalent over the coming months.
Probably will be a lot of time to practise Smash (that's kinda bad).

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Also it's a sad day for Takamaru supporters. I wasn't one of them but still sad for them
When did Takamaru become a thing (do not answer 1986, that's not what I mean and you know it)? He was not one of the characters I remember people heavily clamoring for, yet now it seems there are a ton of people who were expecting him before he became an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If this is disconfirmation week, I'll just sit in a corner and say "Monado" backward every night and hope Shulk isn't an assist.

But seriously, how's that for starting the week off?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
When did Takamaru become a thing (do not answer 1986, that's not what I mean and you know it)? He was not one of the characters I remember people heavily clamoring for, yet now it seems there are a ton of people who were expecting him before he became an Assist Trophy.
You joined this site at a time where demand for him was lower, and if you were lurking before that time, then I don't know what to tell you.
Except that Sakurai's statements made it seem like we were guaranteed a retro character, and Takamaru was the most likely due to him being the very definition of an obscure retro character, being unique in that he's a samurai, and appearing in Nintendo Land.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just recently at Comic Con it was announced his otherwise Japan-exclusive game was coming to the E-Shop worldwide, so people began thinking his chances were upped significantly due to the timing of it, and given Sakurai's comments on how he wants to use this game to revive another retro franchise like he did with Kid Icarus many people felt he had a strong chance now. Just 2 days pass and he's shot down mercilessly.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He actually had a decent number of people pulling for him in Brawl and his fanbase has only grown since then. He's gone from being a sort of a dark horse character to a major contender. I'd even be bold enough to say that his popularity matched Palutena and Robin this time around.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Just recently at Comic Con it was announced his otherwise Japan-exclusive game was coming to the E-Shop worldwide, so people began thinking his chances were upped significantly due to the timing of it, and given Sakurai's comments on how he wants to use this game to revive another retro franchise like he did with Kid Icarus many people felt he had a strong chance now. Just 2 days pass and he's shot down mercilessly.
Gotcha, thanks. :) That does explain the sudden hope spike.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If tomorrow ends up disconfirming another character, I'll just lure myself into a false sense of security if Shulk and/or Isaac make it through okay.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think Isaac's out if only because his Japanese name is Robin. Matthew, on the other hand, may still have a shot but after seeing Saki/Isa Jo and Takamaru biting the dust, I'm not really holding my breath.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom