• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Oh man, I can't even remember. I have it saved as Unamused Toon Link on my hard rive if that helps. I can give you the image file if you want.

I believe it's origins are from this chapter in the Wind Waker Manga.

That's the same place where CaptainLucario got his first avatar. It makes me wonder why FalKoopa and @ThatGreenAlien never tried it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I will say there would be few people with as much dedication as Sakurai for Smash. I also don't think Smash will ever get the person that will provide the experience Melee fans want of Smash. But that's just my prediction.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
They say the larger a group of people that think the same thing is, the more likely it'll be true. Unless if that thing is Shulk.
Yes, that was already part of the rule.
It is in the rules. Right here, section 37.2.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh man, I can't even remember. I have it saved as Unamused Toon Link on my hard rive if that helps. I can give you the image file if you want.

I believe it's origins are from this chapter in the Wind Waker Manga.

That face is indeed top tier. I've seen a bunch of different versions of it somewhere before.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
That face is indeed top tier. I've seen a different versions of it somewhere before.
Yeah there's a bunch of different versions of it. One of the mods here had a Misty from Pokemon version. We had a special little moment.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
A sad, lethargic day.
No hope left in the world.

Suddenly
1406510277475.jpg

Megu. And the reminder that I should make a CUP OF TEA.

If there's a video with so-so content (cussing/strong language), pl0z just link to it (not embed it) and have a textual warning next to it~

Last edited:

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
The SDCC tournament actually hyped me up for the 3DS release much more than I had been.

Good thing the Wii U version isn't releasing yet, still don't have the console D:

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
GG's @Kermit the Ninja

Fun matches. I like your Roy. And I like the dedication to that single character haha. Meanwhile I was picking a lot of different ones lol.

I know that lag is definitely an issue with wifi. But try to tech more. I got some kind of silly d-throw jab regrab chain grab on you when I was Falco. Also try not to charge attacks so much. Though you got me a couple of times. I was patient most of the time and I just waited it out. I know you're trying to get reads but I think a big help would be for you to react more and not predict with charge smashes. And the edgeguard with the neutral b. Idk if thats very good to do all the time. Try to mix it up a little. D-tilt over the ledge. I know I would have edgeguarded a lot more if it wasn't wifi lol. I didn't really feel safe grabbing the ledge some of the time with Falco. I'd give it to you just because I feel like I'd miss the wavedash to ledgegrab because of lag. Good games. Your Roy is definitely pretty good. I had a tough time against you as Falco at points. Especially when I was Zamus and Sonic lol. I'm more used to Zamus in Brawl haha. I kept trying to use the same strategy and it just didn't work. A big problem I have is trying to do too many things I think are cool and technical just because I think they are fun. You saw how many times I'd moonwalk with Sonic and super wave dash with Samus lol. I prioritize things like that instead of trying to win the match sometimes haha. Lets play again sometime.

Also most of the time I'd be nice and let you have your taunts but a couple of times I wanted revenge:evil:

I felt bad that one time on Pokemon Stadium when you taunted and I dash attacked you right after I had taunted.:c That was pure reaction. I thought "Crap" right after I did it...

The nair to block my missile on Distant planet on the ledge was pretty good. And the zero to death you got on my Falco.

Also why do you taunt so much with Marth?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

GG's @Kermit the Ninja

Fun matches. I like your Roy. And I like the dedication to that single character haha. Meanwhile I was picking a lot of different ones lol.

I know that lag is definitely an issue with wifi. But try to tech more. I got some kind of silly d-throw jab regrab chain grab on you when I was Falco. Also try not to charge attacks so much. Though you got me a couple of times. I was patient most of the time and I just waited it out. I know you're trying to get reads but I think a big help would be for you to react more and not predict with charge smashes. And the edgeguard with the neutral b. Idk if thats very good to do all the time. Try to mix it up a little. D-tilt over the ledge. I know I would have edgeguarded a lot more if it wasn't wifi lol. I didn't really feel safe grabbing the ledge some of the time with Falco. I'd give it to you just because I feel like I'd miss the wavedash to ledgegrab because of lag. Good games. Your Roy is definitely pretty good. I had a tough time against you as Falco at points. Especially when I was Zamus and Sonic lol. I'm more used to Zamus in Brawl haha. I kept trying to use the same strategy and it just didn't work. A big problem I have is trying to do too many things I think are cool and technical just because I think they are fun. You saw how many times I'd moonwalk with Sonic and super wave dash with Samus lol. I prioritize things like that instead of trying to win the match sometimes haha. Lets play again sometime.

Also most of the time I'd be nice and let you have your taunts but a couple of times I wanted revenge:evil:

I felt bad that one time on Pokemon Stadium when you taunted and I dash attacked you to when right after I had taunted.:c That was pure reaction. I thought "Crap" right after I did it...

The nair to block my missile on Distant planet on the ledge was pretty good. And the zero to death you got on my Falco.

Also why do you taunt so much with Marth?
Yeah, I have no experience against other people, and charging attacks tends to work against CPUs. It's obviously not the best strategy with Roy, but it's become such a bad habit at this point I'll probably do it anyway... There are other moves that I know are better for edgeguarding, I just don't integrate them as much as I should, specifically forward tilt, and side special.

As for why I taunt so much with Marth, I only play the character for his taunt. I know nothing about how to use him well :p
:marth:MINA MITE ITE KURE :marth:

I would definitely like to play again sometime. I desperately need more experience against human opponents who know what they are doing.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Yeah, I have no experience against other people, and charging attacks tends to work against CPUs. It's obviously not the best strategy with Roy, but it's become such a bad habit at this point I'll probably do it anyway... There are other moves that I know are better for edgeguarding, I just don't integrate them as much as I should, specifically forward tilt, and side special.

As for why I taunt so much with Marth, I only play the character for his taunt. I know nothing about how to use him well :p
:marth:MINA MITE ITE KURE :marth:

I would definitely like to play again sometime. I desperately need more experience against human opponents who know what they are doing.
SO THATS WHAT HE SAYS?!
I always thought he was like "Ina iteketekete"

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Does anybody remember the whiteboard drawings of smash 4 that Sakurai posted on Twitter? The whiteboard drawings had G&W and Wario in them. Nobody seems to remember.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
@Kermit the Ninja

Why did you change your username? BluePsychic was just as good. You might regret it one day.

I would never change mine. If I did,it would probably be something ridiculous like Dogondos.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Does anybody remember the whiteboard drawings of smash 4 that Sakurai posted on Twitter? The whiteboard drawings had G&W and Wario in them. Nobody seems to remember.
Something like that. I definitely remember all the figurines that featured Charizard, Ness, and Dark Pit among them.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It's empty. Most unlike her chances of being in the game.:troll:
Fixed
No fair, I remember that whiteboard drawing. I took very good consideration for it when deciding what characters I thought were safe from getting cut, but I knew beforehand that wasn't all that was returning anyway. Hehehe

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SO THATS WHAT HE SAYS?!
I always thought he was like "Ina iteketekete"
According to Smash Wiki, that is what he says. It roughly translates to "Everybody, look at me."

@Kermit the Ninja

Why did you change your username? BluePsychic was just as good. You might regret it one day.

I would never change mine. If I did,it would probably be something ridiculous like Dogondos.
It has to do with specific actions I have done under that name which I deeply regret. That name has been tainted. I no longer wish to use it. Unfortunately, I would have to make a new Nintendo Network ID to make it disappear completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom