• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Did I miss a disconfirmation? I think we need more than one for it to be "a week of disconfirms"?
I was more or less joking about how the week started off with a relatively huge disconfirmation and how it would be okay if the rest of the week was like today.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Dang Sakurai. . . Crazy way to start off the week! :O

It seems that whenever I start to really support a characters inclusion for this new Super Smash game that character gets disconfirmed :/
I guess what people say is true. . . My luck does suck x(

Well at least Takamaru is finally getting more representation this time :D

#ripchromandtakamaru
OMG IKR First Wonder Red, then Dillon and now Takamaru. This is why I don't have most wanted newcomers LOL

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To be fair, my most wanted newcomers probably won't make it in so I would be relieved if they ended up as assist trophies.
One example being Paper Mario. He's my most wanted newcomer, I admit. Right up there with Majora's Mask Link (who isn't going to happen due to the dropping of the transformation mechanic) .

But I don't have very many popular wanted newcomers because I tend to really like every newcomer anyway, even if I've never played their game or even heard of them before, and see how each and every one of them could be fun. That's just me though.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
OMG IKR First Wonder Red, then Dillon and now Takamaru. This is why I don't have most wanted newcomers LOL
HAHAHAHA! Yes!! Imo all of those characters would have fit perfectly into smash!!! Ugh. . . if only. But I almost always agree with Sakurai's decision in the end. Like heck if he put every character us fans wanted in the game we might not ever have had any Fire Emblem reps, Mr. Game and Watch, or even Pit :0

I will miss all those characters you listed though. . . especially Takamaru <------- I was really looking forward to playing as him! </3

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So if you into watching seasonal anime...
you should probably be watching (in no obvious order)

Sabegebu!
Nozaki-kun
Locodol
Barakamon
Sword Art Online~

Sabegebu is glorious. Cheesy EDs ftw
You'll know if you'll love or hate this show within 3 minutes of watching it.

Nozaki is very enjoyable. Female protagonist is pretty refreshing. "Best girl" being male being taken to whole new levels!
1406514093954.png

Barakamon's MC is literally me. Scary levels of me (I've got a feeling perhaps everyone would say the same thing). Every character is just adorable/lovable too. If you ever watch relaxing/feel good animus, this is it. I spend every episode going
"WOW WHY ARE THESE CHARACTERS SO LOGICAL?" "WHY DO THEY MAKE RATIONAL DECISIONS?" "HOW ARE HUMANS CAPABLE OF THIS!?" "OH MY GOD NEXT EPISODE WHEN"

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Can't wait for the Japanese version to come out, so I have new music to listen to. Smash Bros. having a sound test feature makes it incredibly easy to rip songs from it.
Ikr I just want music and the roster LOL! Also... Didn't Sakurai say all of the newcomer trailers are available from the start?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I was more or less joking about how the week started off with a relatively huge disconfirmation and how it would be okay if the rest of the week was like today.
You weren't the first (or even the second), to make that statement, so I just wanted to be sure.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ah, yes, that's right.

You just reminded me that 3DS will have around 2 songs per stage a la Melee, and WiiU will have Brawl-like stage music where there's bound to be a bunch of tracks for just one stage.

Man, that was revealed a long time ago. Or at least it feels like a long time, I don't remember exactly when.
I don't even know if I'm remembering it correctly, haha.
That was revealed on the Smash Direct in April.

You're correct that 3DS stages will have two songs like some stages in Melee had, while the Wii U version will have the My Music feature from Brawl.

That makes me wonder what will happen to Brawl stages on the 3DS version like Green Hill Zone. I guess those will have two of the songs that played originally in Brawl.

I assume that all songs on the 3DS version may feature as part of the My Music playlists of the Wii U version. For example, the Gerudo Valley remix could be part of Skyloft's music listing. That way, the Wii U version would have the entire soundtrack produced for the games.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
I got half way through the first season of SAO but it got weird.. Like it got inconsistent IMO but the concept is sooooo good... I might start watching again.

Also Attack on Titan

Hokori

Great King of Evil

Sabegebu!
Nozaki-kun
Locodol
Barakamon
Sword Art Online~

Nozaki is very enjoyable. Female antagonist is pretty refreshing. "Best girl" being male being taken to whole new levels!
View attachment 19692

Barakamon's MC is literally me. Scary levels of me (I've got a feeling perhaps everyone would say the same thing). Every character is just adorable/lovable too. If you ever watch relaxing/feel good animus, this is it. I spend every episode going
"WOW WHY ARE THESE CHARACTERS SO LOGICAL?" "WHY DO THEY MAKE RATIONAL DECISIONS?" "HOW ARE HUMANS CAPABLE OF THIS!?" "OH MY GOD NEXT EPISODE WHEN"
I'll probably check a couple of those out after I'm done watching everything Ghost in the Shell related related all over again.

This is one anime I hear a lot from a friend of mine. How is it?
It's good. The setting is like being trapped in an MMORPG and I love the psychology/sociology themes in it.

@ Nielicus Nielicus - Yup, Attack on Titan is fantastic. Some may not get caught up in the hype of some of the mainstream shows, but this one is really good imo. Speaking of Attack on Titan...I need to read the latest chapter for it. Can't wait until enough time has passed for a new season to come out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Green Hill Zone will be useless without Sonic Heroes to annoy my opponents...

On the subject of sound test, I'm just excited I'll be able to get HQ rips of Greninja's final smash. "A JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA GHAHHHHHHHH!"

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Sabegebu!
Nozaki-kun
Locodol
Barakamon
Sword Art Online~

Nozaki is very enjoyable. Female antagonist is pretty refreshing. "Best girl" being male being taken to whole new levels!
View attachment 19692

Barakamon's MC is literally me. Scary levels of me (I've got a feeling perhaps everyone would say the same thing). Every character is just adorable/lovable too. If you ever watch relaxing/feel good animus, this is it.
SAO is the only one I have on my radar to watch.

Sabegebu's first few minutes were funny but I was like "eeehh" Not that its bad just that its not for me. I tend not to watch very many comedy anime.

I'm probably going to start Black Bullet pretty soon. It looks good.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's good. The setting is like being trapped in an MMORPG and I love the psychology/sociology themes in it.
All I know is it's really good at the beginning, then it gets kinda crappy towards the middle, and then it's good again at the end.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You wanna talk anime?

Here, have it's iconic trollface:

View attachment 19694

SEASONAL ANIMEFMSLFAKFALKSDAL:KSDA
This is one anime I hear a lot from a friend of mine. How is it?
It got way too overhyped in it's first season, so people are generally pessimistic about it. Which is fair enough. It was complete and utterly overhyped.
That being said...

I heard countless times part 3 was the best during first season.
and they weren't lying.
it's ****ing awesomeeeeeeeee
[HorribleSubs] Sword Art Online II - 04 [720p].mkv_snapshot_16.03_[2014.07.29_01.28.58].jpg

"YOU DON'T TAKE KNIVES TO A GUN FIGHT" "But I do have the Samuel Light Jackson Saber"
KIRITO KUN V3.0; now with deliciously long hair and slender body, mistaken as female by everyone, may actually be Lucina.
Single-part side-kick heroin girl is pretty good, she has blue hair and has a traumatic childhood involving gunning down a bank robber.

I'm probably going to start Black Bullet pretty soon. It looks good.
I don't think you want to do that.

I should learn to make/rip gifs from these animus, I could even show you Lucina's dancing blade.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It got way too overhyped in it's first season, so people are generally pessimistic about it. Which is fair enough. It was complete and utterly overhyped.
That being said...

I heard countless times part 3 was the best during first season.
and they weren't lying.
it's ****ing awesomeeeeeeeee
View attachment 19696
"YOU DON'T TAKE KNIVES TO A GUN FIGHT" "But I do have the Samuel Light Jackson Saber"
KIRITO KUN V3.0; now with deliciously long hair and slender body, mistaken as female by everyone, may actually be Lucina.
Single-part side-kick heroin girl is pretty good, she has blue hair and has a traumatic childhood involving gunning down a bank robber.
So, kinda like what I said in my above post (good, then crap, than good).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
See, I only watched SAO season 1 knowing that part 3 would come.
As Asuna as Asuna is, she just doesn't bring the bacon. Apparently.

Recent Light Novel adaptions of these types (I guess they're shounen) have been generally enjoyable watches

Log Horizon, Mahouka, SAO~
Looking forward to S2 of LH.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
SAO isn't that good as people make it out to be. I liked it, but it could have been better.
Yea, I agree. Especially with the second half.

Hopefully this season does better than the second half of last season.
I don't think you want to do that.

I should learn to make/rip gifs from these animus, I could even show you Lucina's dancing blade.
Is it really that bad? huh. Ok. I'll stay away from it then.

What about No Game No Life?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I could never compose a "Top ___" list when it comes to anime, but FMA:B will always be included in my favorites <3

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
SAO isn't that good as people make it out to be. I liked it, but it could have been better.
Yeah. The premise behind it (killer virtual reality) was cool, but it was executed shoddily. The story was ho-hum, and the main character was a glorified, uninteresting Stu for the most part.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The whole reason I watched it was because Asuna such a cool character. It sucked that she barely is in it after the first half of season 1 was over.

Yea, I agree. Especially with the second half.

Hopefully this season does better than the second half of last season.

No Game No Life was pretty good, but I liked "Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?" better. They are very similar though.

The only anime at this point I'm extremely irritated doesn't have new season is Spice and Wolf. They only adapted half of the volumes.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The whole reason I watched it was because Asuna such a cool character. It sucked that she barely is in it after the first half of season 1 was over.

No Game No Life was pretty good, but I liked "Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?" better. They are very similar though.

The only anime at this point I'm extremely irritated doesn't have new season is Spice and Wolf. They only adapted half of the volumes.
Eww... That was better??

I really didn't like that one too much. It was alright.

EXCEPT THAT ED THOUGH!!!!!!

THAT WILL GO DOWN AS ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!!

I didn't like Maoyuu Maou Yuusha too much either but that shows OP!!!! my goodness. The full version is tops.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Eww... That was better??

I really didn't like that one.

EXCEPT THAT ED THOUGH!!!!!!

THAT WILL GO DOWN AS ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!!

I didn't like Maoyuu Maou Yuusha either but that shows OP!!!! my goodness. The full version is tops.
That's just my personal opinion. Last time I checked, on MAL, No Game No Life was ahead of Attack On Titan (a show I don't like) so a lot of people really like it.

But this is coming from a guy who mainly enjoys moe blob Slice of Life anime. I mean that's where my username comes from.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
SAO's first arc's ending was one of the most poorly written thing I've ever had the pleasure to watch.

Heathcliff (I think that's the guy's name) is actually the game's creator Kayaba. He utterly curb stomps Kirito, but by some "miracle", Kirito survives and Kayaba somehow becomes in the game forever or something like that.

Which paves the way to the second arc's asspull where Kirito gains help from Kayaba to defeat Oberon.

This made Kirito a Stu and destroyed the story's purpose. All the build-up for 100th floor and all that was made unnecessary and wronged the expectations of many in a bad way. Plot twists are interesting, but ruin a story when poorly executed.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm trying to be flashy with Falco in Brawl.

Reverse Pivot chaingrabs are so flashy. getting a BDACUS at the end of it. Even flashier.:colorful:

Though I can't do both at the same time lol.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Sabegebu!
Nozaki-kun
Locodol
Barakamon
Sword Art Online~

Nozaki is very enjoyable. Female protagonist is pretty refreshing. "Best girl" being male being taken to whole new levels!
View attachment 19692

I'm in love with Locodol and Nozaki-kun, they are really good shows.

Out of this season I'm watching:
Ai Mai Mi 2
Locodol
Nozaki-kun
Glasslip
Himegoto
Jinsei
Rail Wars!
Apartment Invaders
Space Dandy 2
SAO 2

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

I kinda enjoyed it. But I'm trying hard to really remember anything special about it other than continual face palms at plot points. I hate doing this, but let me put the lip flubbing/wobbling moment to "that second last episode where the 'enigmatic bad guy the main character yells and screams at a lot with crappy shounen speeches' randomly saves MC from death and joins up with him to defeat some other bad guy thing who i dont even know the name of yet, oh the final episode is about justice never working out with nothing happening at all!".
I suddenly don't feel bad because that's literally how 90% of shows end anyway.

Wow, let's not be the same person please.
I felt NGNL was kinda overhyped. Animation quality bugged me a lot (hurr bloom lighting is totally high end techniques guys). Every game/ploy was like... done by Fukumoto over 2 decades ago, and he did them significantly better. Problem Children meanwhile was ****ing bad ass, completely and utterly fantastic, and probably won't ever get a season 2. Because, **** Japan.
1360163777809.png

I also feel the eternal sorrow of no S&W season 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom