• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I just dislike charging for characters in general. They are essential for a fighting game. If a new character is introduced, it can drastically alter matchups and what not. You have to pay for the character, even if you don't want them, just to know how to fight against them. I shouldn't have to pay in order to learn a matchup. That is what I dislike.
This I can agree with, yeah. That's always been a thing. Marvel letting you FIGHT them even if you don't have them did help. Even then though it was a bit awkward to figure out what they do.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So, sort of like

No.
I thought we all agreed on the fact that the first part of the Gematsu leak was true.

I thought even the haters think that the first part was true, but the second part was made up.

I'm pretty sure most thought a more well known rhythm heaven character would get in before this thing happened anyway
Personally, I wanted the Wrestler.
But when the Gematsu leak came along, I started to grow to love the Chorus Kids.

Whether the leak is true or not, we are getting a Rhythm Heaven character. The Sneaky Spirit said so.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No.
I thought we all agreed on the fact that the first part of the Gematsu leak was true.
I thought even the haters think that the first part was true, but the second part was made up.
Perhaps, but the point I was making is that the way you described the situation sounds exactly like Wii Fit Trainer.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I still believe that Shulk and a RH character are in. Leak or not they are strong candidates.

Heck, an RH character already has some evidence of their inclusion. Just because the Gematsu leak is outdated =/= those characters aren't in. What happened to the 2013 6? The Mii Fighter name? Pokemon from X & Y? Is all of that moot that the tipper got the exact details just because plans changed from Chrom, a character selected originally for being the main character of the latest FE game like Ike, was likely swapped out for a more popular Japanese Awakening character, Lucina, and a far more unique fighter, Robin?

To say that it's all fake is absolutely extreme. The first part, the 2013 6 is absolutely confirmed and true. The second part is more debatable, but I believe that Chrom was originally planned and then removed later.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Because having an opinion that doesn't agree with others is apparently a bad thing now.
Heh. Nothing new there. I don't care too much for the intolerance of others' opinions but there's no remedy that'll fix it. So I just laugh and stay true to my word. Or in otherwords, "I don't give a **** about the ****s you give about my opinion."

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Perhaps, but the point I was making is that the way you described the situation sounds exactly like Wii Fit Trainer.
Yes, but I'm saying, if the second part of the Gematsu is false.

As I said, what are the chances of some random guy having the same crazy idea as Sakurai.
The difference with Wii Fit Trainer is that he didn't make up his own crazy idea that was the same as Sakurai's, rather he knew Sakurai's idea.

Think of it like this:
Everyone on Earth has a couple of numbers between 1 and 1,000.
The Gematsu leaker finds out one of Sakurai's numbers, so he goes and posts it on the internet.

About a year later that same guy wants to have the spotlight again, so he picks a random number off the top of his head, and claims that it is one of Sakurai's.

What are the chances that this number happens to actually be Sakurai's number?

You see what I mean?

Because having an opinion that doesn't agree with others is apparently a bad thing now.
No. I was just using the word haters.
People who don't agree on the Gematsu leak being true, and try to disprove it are, by definition, haters.

No harm meant.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If DLC includes Alternate costumes, Pikachu got some noteworthy costumes in ORAS~ Could star in Smash bros, maybe.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes, but I'm saying, if the second part of the Gematsu is false.

As I said, what are the chances of some random guy having the same crazy idea as Sakurai.
The difference with Wii Fit Trainer is that he didn't make up his own crazy idea that was the same as Sakurai's, rather he knew Sakurai's idea.

Think of it like this:
Everyone on Earth has a couple of numbers between 1 and 1,000.
The Gematsu leaker finds out one of Sakurai's numbers, so he goes and posts it on the internet.

About a year later that same guy wants to have the spotlight again, so he picks a random number off the top of his head, and claims that it is one of Sakurai's.

What are the chances that this number happens to actually be Sakurai's number?

You see what I mean?
Ah. yes, i do see your point now.
I was actual trolling you, but whatever.

That notion is dependent on whether or someone believes the first part of the leak is true, which I do, there's no point on picking sides on the first leak anymore.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
No. I was just using the word haters.
People who don't agree on the Gematsu leak being true, and try to disprove it are, by definition, haters.

No harm meant.
...by definition? Hater?
I thought a hater was someone who hated something.

What are the people who disagree with them? Hater haters?

You youngsters.

Just kidding, I'm 18.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So... things MIGHT get really interesting soon with Corocoro!

"We're including an additional jam-packed volume containing all of the characters and stages for the up and coming 3DS version of Smash Bros.!!! Keep your eyes peeled for when it goes on sale!"

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=233141
Expect the worst, hope for the best.

I think it'll just be all characters confirmed already, but I want it to be all of them.
Corocoro does get Pokemon information before the general public, so...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I have a love/hate relationship with this gif.

On the one hand, it's hilarious and pretty much what happened.

On the other, it's so sad for Chrom and his supporters...and mean....:(

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
lol, I feel so bad for all the Gematsu/Chrom supporters right now... :laugh:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Consider though that Smash Bros 3DS comes out in September for Japan. Perhaps Corocoro really will have a load of characters for August so as to hype up the release of the game the following month.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
lol, I feel so bad for all the Gematsu/Chrom supporters right now... :laugh:
Does supporting Gematsu count as thinking that Shulk and a RH character are still in? Honest question.

Because that's a very thin line between normal speculation with two characters left on the leak. 8/11 is something, but there's only two left and those two have good shots at making it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Does supporting Gematsu count as thinking that Shulk and a RH character are still in? Honest question.

Because that's a very thin line between normal speculation with two characters left on the leak. 8/11 is something, but there's only two left and those two have good shots at making it.
I'm in the same boat. Gematsu was by no means completely shot down and there's a decent amount still supporting those two. People seem to forget that it was never claimed that it was absolutely conclusive. If it had claimed that Chrom, Shulk, and Chorusmen/Marshall were the only characters left, then it would be a different story but that's not the case. It's still decently credible, even with this recent faux pas.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It depends on if you support Shulk or a RH character because of the leak.

Edit: ...And I missed the purpose of the post.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I support them because they would be fun to play as, in my mind.

They were only brought to my attention because of the leak, but I never payed the leak any actual mind besides wanting it to fall on its face for my own giggles (not because I thought it was wrong). And it did. And I had a good laugh.

But Shulk and a RH character would be fun to play as. Shulk because psychic mechanics, and RH character because it would be nice to play as a musical character... besides Donkey Kong when he's using his final smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wonder how the Lucina thread was holding up when they discoverd she was like Marth.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Very true. I don't think supporting Shulk and CM is supporting Gematsu, but some parts of the leak like Lucas getting cut are not speculation, but rather at this point false. Lucina is more of a clone than Lucas ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom