• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Very true. I don't think supporting Shulk and CM is supporting Gematsu, but some parts of the leak like Lucas getting cut are not speculation, but rather at this point false. Lucina is more of a clone than Lucas ever was.
Well, in this hypothetical world where Lucas does get the axe, we don't know if Lucas would have been cut because he's too similar to Ness, or for some other reason.
Obviously (semi-)clones are not an issue, but it's not unreasonable that, hypothetically speaking, Lucas could've been cut because he (and Roy, but that aside) is now the only Japan exclusive character in the series.
I'm not saying Lucas would be cut for that reason. In fact, I think it would be rather silly to do that, but that's not my point. My point is that Lucas, in fact any character, could be cut for any reason that could be out of realm of speculation. In other words, unpredictable, arbitrary decisions made by Sack of Rice.
We're not out of the woods yet, though I agree that Lucas has seemingly gotten out of a tough situation

However, even if Lucas was hypothetically cut, which I don't really see as that likely anymore, I'd imagine it would have just been time constraints. In which case he'd probably be released as DLC a month or two afterwards.
If When Lucas is shown to return, I really hope he gets some new specials. Just a new up-special would be fine. That way Ness could get some of the obviously better properties that Lucas' PK Thunder had. Specifically the fact that it could turn much more sharply.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, in this hypothetical world where Lucas does get the axe, we don't know if Lucas would have been cut because he's too similar to Ness, or for some other reason.
Obviously (semi-)clones are not an issue, but it's not unreasonable that, hypothetically speaking, Lucas could've been cut because he (and Roy, but that aside) is now the only Japan exclusive character in the series.
I'm not saying Lucas would be cut for that reason. In fact, I think it would be rather silly to do that, but that's not my point. My point is that Lucas, in fact any character, could be cut for any reason that could be out of realm of speculation. In other words, unpredictable, arbitrary decisions made by Sack of Rice.
We're not out of the woods yet, though I agree that Lucas has seemingly gotten out of a tough situation

However, even if Lucas was hypothetically cut, which I don't really see as that likely anymore, I'd imagine it would have just been time constraints. In which case he'd probably be released as DLC a month or two afterwards.
If When Lucas is shown to return, I really hope he gets some new specials. Just a new up-special would be fine. That way Ness could get some of the obviously better properties that Lucas' PK Thunder had. Specifically the fact that it could turn much more sharply.
Agreed. Lucas is much more likely.

I'd actually say that Lucina's appearance is a sign that Sakurai's moved on as far as developing characters go, he's most likely preparing for the 3DS version and making small balance changes along with aesthetic ones. Someone also pointed out that the characters in the Robin/Lucina trailer had significantly less landing lag... but I haven't checked for myself.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Does supporting Gematsu count as thinking that Shulk and a RH character are still in? Honest question.

Because that's a very thin line between normal speculation with two characters left on the leak. 8/11 is something, but there's only two left and those two have good shots at making it.
I would say it is still a possibility. We will find out within the next two months either way.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Does supporting Gematsu count as thinking that Shulk and a RH character are still in? Honest question.

Because that's a very thin line between normal speculation with two characters left on the leak. 8/11 is something, but there's only two left and those two have good shots at making it.
I only support those characters because it's the only time I genuinely have fun with character speculation. Everything else feels more like a chore, or in extreme cases the equivalent of smashing your face against dry ice.

Also, there are factors that still benefit both inclusions, Adam Howden doing voice works for "games coming out this fall", and the suspecious inclusion of Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I think that Sakurai may have been able to add all the Brawl characters in this game (with the exception of Ivysaur and Squirtle) since we seem to have last minute semi-clones, so Lucas is most likely safe now.

SwagzillaForilla

Smash Apprentice
Sooo is there really no place to discuss leaks here anymore? I know the last two topics were closed because people were getting off topic, but we actually have something relevant to discuss now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pffffft. My Mii looks nothing like me. Your weapon is useless.

phew. for a second there, I thought I had been found
I can still see the black text,Evan.

I'm still going to call you Evan,by the way :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Why not?
It's like Substitute if you were really high!
Because never again.

Pffffft. My Mii looks nothing like me. Your weapon is useless.

phew. for a second there, I thought I had been found
Ah, don't worry George, we'll find your name.
Oh, it's fine Steve. We can find it. ...Oh come on Hank! Just give us some time and we'll find it Bob!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can still see the black text,Evan.

I'm still going to call you Evan,by the way :troll:
The black list is pretty useless if you don't know who I am
You can call me whatever you want :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ah, don't worry George, we'll find your name.
Oh, it's fine Steve. We can find it. ...Oh come on Hank! Just give us some time and we'll find it Bob!
His name's on there,just check his good ol' Miiverse.
also don't check your notifications.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Being the weaboo I am, I had to go listen to the same trailer in Japanese a bunch of times, and I have to say, I'm hoping they're bringing back the option to switch the language from English to Japanese in this version (especially if Mewtwo returns).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sooo is there really no place to discuss leaks here anymore? I know the last two topics were closed because people were getting off topic, but we actually have something relevant to discuss now.
Anything goes here brother.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
yf1HXBg.png

I'd just like to bring this image up again. I know it might be a fake, but I would't be surprised if this was real. There's so much detail put into this and it fits the art style as well.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
View attachment 18295

I'd just like to bring this image up again. I know it might be a fake, but I would't be surprised if this was real. There's so much detail put into this and it fits the art style as well.
Oh I remember this one.
Ah the memories. Back when we were at a simpler time. When we still had big wide eyes to the new game. And we didn't flame as bad as we do know. ...Where did we go wrong?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 18295

There was so much put into a drawing for a Kloana (forgive me if it's a typo) leak. There's a video for it,but I'm too lazy to get it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
...by definition? Hater?
I thought a hater was someone who hated something.

What are the people who disagree with them? Hater haters?

You youngsters.

Just kidding, I'm 18.
Yes. Most of the people who disagree with the Gematsu leak pretty much hate it, or hate the fact most people agree with it.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 18295

I think it would be funny if they made his render resemble this art, just to leave us with

"WAS IT REAL?!?!"

I'm just hoping Ness references the peace sign in some form, whether it's in his render, or a new taunt, or a bored pose. ANYTHING.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So I was thinking of adding a monocle to my avatar when I found this:

I forgot I still had this.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yes. Most of the people who disagree with the Gematsu leak pretty much hate it, or hate the fact most people agree with it.
I haven't seen many people that outright hate it, and the people who I have seen act like that are generally the type of people I would have on my ignore list.

I usually only saw people disagree with it being a legit leak because they don't "believe" anything unless its proven to them, which is perfectly legitimate.

I didn't participate in those debates though cause I never cared enough, so you're probably right.
Click here for the video.

Here's your image and video, Ari.
I saw that the other day. It's pretty awesome looking. Kind of makes me wish he was in the game, even if it was just a trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom