• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
It's still remarkable to think that :4robinf: is legit a thing.

The whole trailer still feels surreal.

D

Deleted member

It's kind of funny. People are all "GEMATSU IS DEAD," yet most of them still think Shulk will be playable.

I'm starting to think that the only difference is that people have swapped out Chorus Kids for Lucas or something.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Yeah, I have to give credit to Morbid for making me believe that the trailer would feature a pre-existing series based on it's length alone.
That was a really good observation, but I still didn't expect it to not be Chrom. I kept telling myself it would Shulk so I wouldn't get excited (while I was freaking out with excitement).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The trailer played beautifully. I wanted to scream, but I had to control myself to not freak out my roommates.

Shame that Ike wasn't in the cutscene part, and Captain Falcon didn't get an introduction one-liner. That would have put the trailer on limit break.

D

Deleted member

The trailer played beautifully. I wanted to scream, but I had to control myself to not freak out my roommates.
Good thing I don't have any of those. When Falcon showed up I was like "Finally, a veteran reveal! It's about time!"

You know, now I think my avatar needs a monocle. Or maybe it should just not be Homura.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staarih

Smash Master

Sakurai made a good decision with Robin. I've been watching some reaction videos on YouTube and most of the people in them have no clue who Robin is. And I love it. That's what Smash does: introduces new faces for us to get interested in and get into playing the games they originate from. And Smash of course.

Last edited:
Captain Falcon didn't get an introduction one-liner. That would have put the trailer on limit break.
He doesn't need one

That's how awesome he is

He's too badass to stoop down to the rest anyway. No one-liner can describe his badass-ness

D

Deleted member

Now I want to change my avatar. Homura's been through way too much already. But the issue is to what should I change it to?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's kind of funny. People are all "GEMATSU IS DEAD," yet most of them still think Shulk will be playable.

I'm starting to think that the only difference is that people have swapped out Chorus Kids for Lucas or something.
Shulk is a very popular choice regardless of Gematsu.

Not surprised. I think he might be in, and I can't see Lucas being out anymore.

D

Deleted member

And that's good. I just find it funny that the leak being debunked changed almost nothing. Except for these two; :4lucina::4robinm:

I googled my name to see if I could find anything funny for my avatar, and I found this:

WHY.

WHY DOES IT STILL EXIST?

I guess I'll just stick with 'Stache Homura for now unless I find something.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Right. Shulk is probably the one character who will be considered based almost entirely off fan demand (as fan demand is basically why he exists as it in the first place)
And I am glad I didn't but into Lucas being cut. Now, with Gematsu in jeopardy and Lucina a new clone character, in addition to Fire Emblem getting four characters, thinking anyone aside from Pokemon Trainer and maybe Snake getting cut is foolhardy.

D

Deleted member

I hope Shulk is playable and Lucas appears in his trailer just so we can laugh at how they are basically opposite situations.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

Shame that Ike wasn't in the cutscene part, and Captain Falcon didn't get an introduction one-liner. That would have put the trailer on limit break.
I was on skype with friends, pretty sure I yelled/screamed pretty loud in reaction.
Fortunately solid walls between the other rooms.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It gets better.
Have you seen the people that think Gematsu is fake, but that Chorus Men will get in on their own merits?

Seriously, people think that it's possible that some random guy (the "leaker" assuming Gematsu is fake) and Sakurai both just happened to think of putting the Chorus Kids in Smash, even though NOBODY mentioned that idea before.

There wasn't even a support thread for it here.

It'd be cool if post release we got an update that made Lucina her own character.
She is her own character.
I thought Sakurai made that very clear in today's Pic of the Day.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm looking forward to the possibility of Rhythm Heaven only getting an enemy in smash run as representation.

Right. Shulk is probably the one character who will be considered based almost entirely off fan demand (as fan demand is basically why he exists as it in the first place)
And I am glad I didn't but into Lucas being cut. Now, with Gematsu in jeopardy and Lucina a new clone character, in addition to Fire Emblem getting four characters, thinking anyone aside from Pokemon Trainer and maybe Snake getting cut is foolhardy.
You copied my avy! I guess I gotta change,

whoops double post

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Seriously, people think that it's possible that some random guy (the "leaker" assuming Gematsu is fake) and Sakurai both just happened to think of putting the Chorus Kids in Smash, even though NOBODY mentioned that idea before.
There wasn't even a support thread for it here.
So, sort of like

D

Deleted member

It gets better.
Have you seen the people that think Gematsu is fake, but that Chorus Men will get in on their own merits?
Oh that's hilarious.

Yes, the character most weren't even aware existed until some guy emailed a random gaming journalist with a list of names will get in on their own merits.

At least it's easy to spot hypocrites.

I'm pretty sure most thought a more well known rhythm heaven character would get in before this thing happened anyway

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't think the Gematsu leak is dead at all. You simply don't just snipe 8 out of what? 10? characters like that (1 of of which is totally WTF: WFT.)

I don't see how people are so quick to hang the dude for treason or so ish like that. Especially when he posted this:

If anything we still WILL get Shulk and Chorus Kids. All this really does is show that we will get "Rosalina's" Characters that will surprise us.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm sorry, it was too easy. The way people type the 8/11 thing makes it so obvious.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I'm sorry, it was too easy. The way people type the 8/11 thing makes it so obvious.
They do when most of them were really safe choices. I should've posted my characters before the game was shown so people would think i'm a leaker too.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The first Gematsu leak was legit, honestly the second leak I think was just made of safe characters and they put Chorus Men as a second wtf.
Yeah, it really doesn't matter whether we think the first E3 leak was legit, because everything in it is already here.
The second leak, however, should be taken with a grain of salt I think.

D

Deleted member

They do when most of them were really safe choices. I should've posted my characters before the game was shown so people would think i'm a leaker too.
Uh...it was a joke. The way most people end up typing the 8/11 thing makes it sound so much like Boromir's "One does not simply walk into Mordor." I just had too.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My thoughts on the recent trailer:

At first I thought it was going Shulk at first, but I was surprised when Lucina and Robin came on. But after watching the trailer, I was pretty much satisfied with what I had seen anyways because I was sort of either expecting Chrom or Lucina to be in SSB4.

My thoughts on the Gematsu Leak:

It's really quite sad that people are saying that Sal is telling lies and stuff, but I don't think he is to blame here. After all, he is just a messenger and nothing else.

I've already stated this numerous times, even though Chrom was revealed to be a part of Robin's Final Smash, I am not going to jump onto any sort of conclusion just yet and wait and see if we will get Shulk and the Chorus Kids within the next two months.

Anyways, Sal did say that he already send his tipper an e-mail regarding to the "lack of Shulk" and Chrom's situation and I eagerly wait to see what his tipper will say about this.

D

Deleted member

Believe me, I'm glad that the validity of the later emails have been called into doubt. I've never wanted DLC Characters, Lucas (or Ness) being cut would have really pissed me off, and the only character I really cared about was Shulk, and his chances are quite good without bogus leaks anyway. Robin and Lucina > Chrom. 2 for the price of one!

I just wanna see Sakurai **** all of us over again by making Reyn playable instead of Shulk

Not that I have a problem with that.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah, it really doesn't matter whether we think the first E3 leak was legit, because everything in it is already here.
The second leak, however, should be taken with a grain of salt I think
I agree the only think that i'm glad about is that the Gematsu leak isn't going to be taken as bible, instead a close ball park with 1 or 2 surprises.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I have a hunch that Wario will appear in this game, and if he does, then Shulk, Isaac, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Ridley, and Sheriff will all be playable. I AM A PROPHET!! :troll:

I just wanna see Sakurai **** all of us over again by making Reyn playable instead of Shulk

Not that I have a problem with that.
Will all his generic attack grunts be "Reyn time?"

Actually, you might be on to something here; Marth appears to be quite different from his previous incarnations, and many assume that that is because of Lucina. Sonic was nerfed in annoyance. There must be a reason...

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
If Nintendo is smart, though? They won't skip out on DLC.

Just saying. No matter how "good" or "bad" it might be in one's eyes. Not doing it is a bad move for them. Not only is DLC money, but it gives people who get tired of the game more drive to play it, come back to it, and spend money on it. (And these people do exist. If there was DLC for Brawl I wouldn't have sold my copy as fast as I did.)

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
There are obviously a number of questions about Sal's tippers claims for sure. I mean the only things that are questionable at the moment is:

1. Rosalina not being on his list.
2. Chrom being part of a Final Smash for Robin.
3. Lucina and Robin not on his list.

I do somehow get the feeling that his tipper may only know parts of the information or maybe some of his information were outdated as it is obvious that as a tipper, he can't reveal everything to Sal otherwise this would spell trouble for him.

But that's my thoughts anyways.

Other than that, seeing that if this is correct, Rayman who is the first third-party collectable trophy in the game. Which other 3rd party characters would you guys want to see?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom