• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

"Pic of the day. Along with Robin, Lucina joins the battle!! Her physical ablilites are identical to Marth's--it must be in her D.N.A. However, where Marth's power is concentrated in the tip of the sword, Lucina's attack strength is balanced throughout the weapon, which might make her easier to control. She's also a little bit shorter than Marth."

"With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually."

"By the way…there's probably no chance you'll be able to see this in the game, but Lucina has the mark of Naga in her left eye."

GOTTA KEEP UP MUH SCHEDULE

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Still a bit sad that she's even more of a clone than Roy was. What happened to unique characters this time?

Looks like people are really getting Melee 2 this time.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Still a bit sad that she's even more of a clone than Roy was. What happened to unique characters this time?

I wouldn't quite say she's more of a clone, considering some moves have different properties, which is more than could be said for Roy.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
That's reaching.
Well it looks like we're getting roster padding clones again, just like Melee. Sure it's just the one, but you never know.

It's mostly just ridiculous that Marth's clone from two games ago is more unique than his new clone.
I wouldn't quite say she's more of a clone, considering some moves have different properties, which is more than could be said for Roy.
Roy at least had a different pose and idle animations, and weren't a few of his moves actually different in function? Been a while since I played Melee...

Think about the "Falco" thing though, clones were "more unique" when they looked different, and Roy looked far more different than Lucina does. She's literally Marth with breasts.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
To be completely fair, we don't know that.

Roy's moveset was based on the idea that hits with the hilt of the blade would be stronger than the tip of the blade (opposite of Marth), so every move felt quite different to be honest.

We still don't know if any of Lucina's moves are actually unique (Sakurai made it seem like she doesn't). She could definitely be "more of a clone" than Roy at this point.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Think about the "Falco" thing though, clones were "more unique" when they looked different, and Roy looked far more different than Lucina does. She's literally Marth with breasts.
BUT... BUT...

LOOK AT HOW CUTE SHE IS IN MY AVATAR THAT COUNTS FOR SOMETHING RIGHT

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, at least now I can comfortable with being attracted to marth now

I'll just pretend it's Lucina instead

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
BUT... BUT...

LOOK AT HOW CUTE SHE IS IN MY AVATAR THAT COUNTS FOR SOMETHING RIGHT
Not really my kind of cute. :troll:

I dunno, it's just thinking what this means for the rest of the roster is bothersome... Like some people thinking Dark Pit is a thing now.

Of course, everything will be fine once the R34 starts rolling in. Though it never did for Palutena... ****.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Types of cute?

(pointing to avi) I've found a new type of cute that I like...

AND I HAVE EMBRACED IT

____

That aside, so far I'm not really liking the direction Sakurai went with Lucina. She's almost like Roy 2.0.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Types of cute?

(pointing to avi) I've found a new type of cute that I like...

AND I HAVE EMBRACED IT
It's fine to like more than one, but the kind found in my avatar is everyone's kind. It is kawaiitologically proven.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Can anyone translate the Smash 4 part of this:
http://corocoro.tv/next/
As far as I understand, it'll talk about Smash Bros characters and stages...at least for the 3DS. I do not see the kanji for "new," so I don't really expect any new characters or stages in the issue. I could be wrong though since I don't fully understand it.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Implying that Lucina has breasts. She looks pretty flat to me. :troll:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Very cool,

I'm planning on using:

1. :4fox:

2. :wolf: (Fingers crossed)

3. :4bowser:

4. :4zss:

5. :rosalina:

But oh how there will be many more I will experiment with!
Yeah, who knows, my list of anticipated players may differ greatly from my actual mains. Only time will tell.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Am I crazy or that screenshot is low quality?

After so much time I spent on the game, the grass should be more "green".

It's weird.
Well, someone once told me the grass is much greener on the other side, I have paid a visit but it's possible I missed it, it seemed different yet exactly the same.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

Have you seen the other newcomers? All 10 of them? They're all really unique, most of them more unique than what we're used to getting from smash bros.. Sakurai is clearly gunning really hard for unique characters. Having a clone in there doesn't suddenly make every other character any less unique.

Well, someone once told me the grass is much greener on the other side, I have paid a visit but it's possible I missed it, it seemed different yet exactly the same.
Was that seriously an As Told by Ginger reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom