• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
Right now, as far as play style is concerned, all I got is :4villager:. I'll say :4robinf: looks alright, but I'll have to see how the tomes work.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
"Mains" You have like, 25% of the cast in your pocket.
Right now? Yes.

But Bowser will be the primary focus, with the other 4 mains getting more use and focus than the secondaries.

My secondaries are basically just character I'll **** around with the most.

Like my mains in Melee are Doc, Samus, Puff, and G&W, and pretty much everyone else is a secondary. Except Roy. I suck as Roy. :laugh:

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Right now, as far as play style is concerned, all I got is :4villager:. I'll say :4robinf: looks alright, but I'll have to see how the tomes work.
A magic user with disjointed hitboxes? People have been waiting for that moveset on Ganondorf for a long time.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
my potiental mains are :

1) :4megaman:

2):4pacman:

3):rosalina:

4) :4peach:

5)

so far i'll add more if any others interest me

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I will not determine main(s)/subs until I get the game in my hands and test all of them out to find the ones that just click.

I can however list the characters I am most interested in currently from what I've seen so far, in order from left to right;

:4robinf::4palutena::4wiifit::4megaman::rosalina::4charizard::4bowser::4myfriends::4mii::4greninja::4littlemac::4peach:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
And lo, the weeaboos wandered in their thread for forty years, until they had reached the foot of Mount Prism. In their self-created misery they cried, "If only our thread had been deleted by the MOD's hand in /a/!" They turned to Moses-chan, who climbed to the peak of Mount Prism to pray to the Kentucky Colonel. "My COLONEL, Japan cannot live on Palutena alone," he spoke. And the clouds did part and Fire Emblem characters rained from the sky.

But the United States Armed Forces, in coalition with NATO and the NFL, wasn't having any of that. The alert was raised to DEFCON 1, and the Free World sent out its greatest asset: Captain Falcon.

An artist's depiction of Captain Falcon fighting Robin the Radical on that day.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The Falcon, Lucina, and Robin character icons are all invisible for me (see here::4falcon:,:4lucina:,:4robinm:,:4robinf:). Is that the case for everyone else?

As a side note, having Falcon in HD serves as a tantalizing aperitif for Ganong Chocolate in HD. The King of Evil is going to look hamazing.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You know what the best part about Robin is, imo? The fact that the tomes have limited uses, just like they do in Fire Emblem. And so I am also wondering if his sword(s) will also break eventually since they aren't any of the legendary ones, Marth/Lucina have the Falchion and Ike has pre-Awakening Ragnell, both of which that have infinite uses.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
The Falcon, Lucina, and Robin character icons are all invisible for me (see here::4falcon:,:4lucina:,:4robinm:,:4robinf:). Is that the case for everyone else?

As a side note, having Falcon in HD serves as a tantalizing aperitif for Ganong Chocolate in HD. The King of Evil is going to look hamazing.
It's the same for me. Maybe they haven't uploaded them completely yet. It happens to me everytime we get a new character or veteran.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
You know what the best part about Robin is, imo? The fact that the tomes have limited uses, just like they do in Fire Emblem. And so I am also wondering if his sword(s) will also break eventually since they aren't any of the legendary ones, Marth/Lucina have the Falchion and Ike has pre-Awakening Ragnell, both of which that have infinite uses.
hmm all this talk of fire emblem maybe i should give the series a chance

mimgrim

Smash Hero

I can see them just fine and dandy.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
It's the same for me. Maybe they haven't uploaded them completely yet. It happens to me everytime we get a new character or veteran.
The icons are either on the server or not. If people can see them, they are on the server - they aren't pixelated reconstructions of what the computer believes they look like.

Try clearing your cache? If you're using Firefox, try Ctrl+Shift+Delete and check only cache before clearing.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The icons are either on the server or not. If people can see them, they are on the server - they aren't pixelated reconstructions of what the computer believes they look like.

Try clearing your cache? If you're using Firefox, try Ctrl+Shift+Delete and check only cache before clearing.
There was a dead hooker in my Firefox cache.

Thanks, Quilt! 8D

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
From the looks of things, here's my Top 5 Mains

1. :4wiifit:
2. :4luigi:
3. :4peach:
4. :4villager:
5. :4zelda:

Most of these guys are here mainly because Ness, Game & Watch, and Jiggs aren't confirmed yet.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They've combined the orders of even toed ungulates and whales?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Eh. Strategy/tactical RPGs aren't for everyone. As much as I love the series, it is admittedly not for everyone.

Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, and Awakening are the most newcomer friendly ones.

View attachment 18260
i enjoy rpgs but not so much for tatical strategy the last strategy game i played was Shin Megami Tensei Devil survivor

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Villager and Pac-Man on my mains list are actually dependent on how ROB and Wario play.

I can guarantee that Puff will be a secondary, though.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Alright, I can see it now. Thanks! :grin:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I have to try out Peach in every Smash game because of Melee. Honestly, I would have probably played her in Brawl as a sub instead of MK if it wasn't for her lack of kill power in that game as she still had that feel to her. But goddamned they nerfed her kill power to hell and back in that game. At least Project M Peach is a buffed Melee Peach lol.

I would say the same for Olimar because of Brawl... but 3 Pikmin killed him. I will not touch him with a ten foot pole now. 3 Pikmin was just overkill. 5 or bust, preferably 6. I stay away from him in Project M for the same reasons lol.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
They've combined the orders of even toed ungulates and whales?
Indeed.
That reminds me how I took this Zoology class, but for some reason the textbook considered pinnipeds (seals, sea lions, etc.) and carnivora as two distinct orders, when they are in fact not.
I told me teacher about it and he kept saying I was wrong and made me feel stupid when I wasn't.

I left this in ye old Chrom Thread. I thought I should leave it here as well:

Hey guys.
I was expecting to make something like this when Chrom was...
Well, nevermind. I took the same idea and changed it to reflect what we got.

This was probably the biggest deconfirmation we've had thus far (Though maybe some may argue Waluigi).
I'm sorry it ended up being not only a character that you wanted, but also a character that most have expected for some months now.
My condolences go out to you all. Just like I love seeing popular characters getting confirmed just knowing that so many people are happy, I hate seeing popular character be deconfirmed knowing that it will hurt many. And this deconfirmation in particular was just...
Well, it was Waluigi over again, but even more unnecessarily shoved in your face.
I hope some of the other characters all of you support join the battle! :)

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I'm so glad of the variety of new characters that have been announced so far for this game. I really didn't realize it until today, just how many new characters we're getting and I don't think that today's reveals are the last of them, though as Sakurai said, we are nearing the bottom of the reveal trailers.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
So what's the topic now? Whales? Fire Emblem?
Whales in Fire Emblem.
It'll be a new class.
Not like some sort of transformation like a Manakete either. It's actually a whale.
Make it happen, IS.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Whales in Fire Emblem.
It'll be a new class.
Not like some sort of transformation like a Manakete either. It's actually a whale.
Make it happen, IS.
Huh, sure. We need a map where you defend an island from marauding whales coming from all directions.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Thinking a bit on the roster size... We currently have 38(counting Mii's as three, 39 with G&W as an indirect reveal) characters so far, which is right at Brawl's roster. We still have many veterans left as well, and assuming no one is cut aside from Squirtle and Ivy:
:ness2::jigglypuff::ganondorf::falco::wolf::popo::lucas::metaknight::rob::wario::snake::mewtwopm:
Adding Mewtwo in as well, that's 12 veterans left to reveal, that would leave us with an already massive 51 characters. Sakurai's "bottom of the barrel" quote confirms more newcomers, so assuming Chrom was the only major failure and we still get Shulk and some sort of Rhythm Heaven rep, that's 53. If Rosalina wasn't enough, both Robin and Lucina prove that there are characters we don't know about, so throw in the possibility of King K. Rool, Ridley, and a retro rep (Takamaru please!), this leaves us higher than anyone imagined, at 56. Lucina being a clone also implies that Sakurai may have added a few extra clone characters late into development, like he did in Melee, so there's even the possibility of multiple other characters showing up, plus other unaccounted for newcomers. We could very well have a roster in the 60's, which is mind blowing, quite frankly. And that's without even thinking about DLC. Weren't there some guys from the Nintendo Treehouse that said the roster was "massive"? It's entirely possible...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom