• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Robin looks pretty gimmicky. Like extremely gimmicky. Too gimmicky. He has 2 different swords and idk how many books this guy has to read to maintain a move set. idk about him. Just looks like a campy character. He does have a move that restores health though so thats good.
Maybe those gimmicks are competitively viable tools? Nah. :4robinm::4robinf:

I'm honestly considering maining Robin

Or at least trying him out and seeing if I would

Him or Greninja
You do not, at the very least, test out every character already?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Robin looks pretty gimmicky. Like extremely gimmicky. Too gimmicky. He has 2 different swords and idk how many books this guy has to read to maintain a move set. idk about him. Just looks like a campy character. He does have a move that restores health though so thats good.
I like gimmicky

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Miiverse poster who never shuts up about Powerpuff Girls in Smash.

Though he did forget Buttercup.

And I'm still maining Bowser with a pocket Charizard at this point. Though I'll also have a pocket Villager.

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I'll believe Gematsu only if Chorus Kids are revealed. They just seem like such a weird choice to me, even by Sakurai standards.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
"Vaati Vaati Vaati Vaati Vaati Shrek Vaati Vaati Vaati"

"Krystal Krystal Shadow Krystal Tails Krystal Rouge Cream Blaze Krystal Bill Cosby"

"Pika Pi Pikachu Pika Pika Chu Chu Chu"

"Lucina Ghirahim Debbie OHYESLUCINA Ghirahimdahimdahim also JanTran"

"King K. Rool, Ridley, Takamaru, poor Lip, wait wut RAYMAN?!"

"goku reggie powerpuff girls goku lol"

"MEGAMAAAAAAAAANNNNN! And LITTLE MAC!"

"Dr. Kawashima, need I say any more?"

Try and guess who is who. :troll:
First one's the one and only. Gotta love that Shrek though. :awesome:
CliffJumper
SuperBrawler(?)
Kenith
?
MegaBidoof
?
He may be blue, but he feels like a purple Pikmin :troll:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm honestly considering maining Robin

Or at least trying him out and seeing if I would

Him or Greninja
Certainly planning on attempting to main Fem!Robin. Really looking like a human sized Olimar without the minions.
First one's the one and only. Gotta love that Shrek though. :awesome:
CliffJumper
SuperBrawler(?)
Kenith
?
MegaBidoof
?
He may be blue, but he feels like a purple Pikmin :troll:
Closest so far. :troll:
Yes.
Nope.
Yes.
Come on guys.
Nope.
Nope.
Obviously not. :troll:

Dunno about the Powerpuff people, but that one was just a jab at Miiverse in general.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
So relieved that when I woke up this afternoon and checked the website, that it wasn't a Rayman reveal and that we got THREE reveals. So excited, hype is on level 100 right now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Gematsu's not dead. heres why.
Lucina being mentioned in the leak really isn't proof against the leak. If it omits information then it just isn't all of the information. It doesn't mean the information is wrong. Its not like he said "here are all of the newcomers and no one else is a newcomer".

Since the leaker isn't involved with development as others have speculated how is he supposed to know when exactly a character is going to be revealed? He's been "wrong" with when a character has been revealed before. Why now is it "evidence" against the leak. Everyone thought Shulk was going to be revealed so it would only make sense that he would think so too. He didn't even really say that "Shulk is being revealed tomorrow" he just said "enjoy my good friend Shulk". The Xenoblade people don't even know when Shulk is getting revealed. They just keep retweeting things because it might be Shulk. Not because they know definitely it is. Someone that has an old list of all the newcomers would only be able to guess when a character would be revealed just like the rest of us.

Robin and Chrom is where this can get confusing and its easy to just drop the leak. This guy doesn't really sound too familiar with Nintendo games in the first place. Chorus kids? X and Y Pokemon? Animal crossing guy? Its not that specific but its close enough. Chrom and Robin? in other words an Awakening character. eh..... good enough for me. Especially since Chrom is a part of their Final Smash. They could've even considered Chrom but changed their minds after this guy got the information which is likely. For example say someone during the pre brawl days said that there was a Diddy/Dixie duo character along with all the other characters that are new in Brawl. Ok then we find out Dixie isn't in the game as playable. So the leak is incorrect right? Wrong. Diddy and Dixie were planned early on in Brawl but didn't make it in the game by the end. So the information is technically wrong but only because it had to change from the beginning of development to the end. That doesn't mean that the rest of the newcomers revealed are or will be incorrect.

I really don't care about the 2 characters left in the leak I just think that to say that it was killed right now is just a bit premature.
It's dead. Get over it.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
I don't know if you guys saw this yet, but got this from the Gematsu website.
(Sal's response to the Robin x Lucina reveal)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I'm sure most of ya know, the leaker e-mailed me last night teasing Shulk.

He also e-mailed me again this morning saying Nintendo keeps a lot secret from Bandai Namco, and that Sakurai may change his mind as he does all the time, but that Shulk was 100%.

A quote: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be changed."

I've e-mailed him about the lack of Shulk, as well as the whole Chrom being a Final Smash thing. I'll update if I get a response.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say.

- Sal Romano

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Not objectively speaking.

Did you just list out all of my potential mains?! :4robinm::4robinf:
I guess so. But I only listed one of mine :4palutena:

I hate camping though. My Smash 4 main and my Brawl main have styles of gameplay that I hate lol. Camping :4palutena:and items:diddy:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
In other news, after 30 days, I'm finally done with the bet.
And I just want to say, I apologize if Paul caused any turmoil/pain/suffering/depression during this past month.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

"Krystal Krystal Shadow Krystal Tails Krystal Rouge Cream Blaze Krystal Bill Cosby"

"Krystal, Shadow, more Sonic characters that will never happen..."

Yup. Gotta be @CliffJumper

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Am I the only one disappointed the female robin is not the short one with the eye patch?

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Is the mega man one Super smash Bros fan?

Other than that,

OOH! DO ME NEXT!

Morbi

Scavenger
I guess so. But I only listed one of mine :4palutena:

I hate camping though. My Smash 4 main and my Brawl main have styles of gameplay that I hate lol. Camping :4palutena:and items:diddy:
I just have an affinity towards zoning characters; for instance, Link and Samus have been fairly consistent mains of mine. I am the kind of asshole that cheers when FChamp "repulses" his opponent to a time-out.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

...Do me. I dare you. :troll:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't know if you guys saw this yet, but got this from the Gematsu website.
(Sal's response to the Robin x Lucina reveal)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I'm sure most of ya know, the leaker e-mailed me last night teasing Shulk.

He also e-mailed me again this morning saying Nintendo keeps a lot secret from Bandai Namco, and that Sakurai may change his mind as he does all the time, but that Shulk was 100%.

A quote: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be changed."

I've e-mailed him about the lack of Shulk, as well as the whole Chrom being a Final Smash thing. I'll update if I get a response.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say.

- Sal Romano
lol "Change his mind"

Aside from Greninja, the entire roster for Smash 4 was chosen years before the game was revealed. This was stated last month from one of the interviews during E3.

He didn't "change his mind". The character just wasn't revealed. Period.

Seriously, talk about trying too hard to do damage control. lol

Ooooh myyyy~

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty sure Sakurai had this planned the since he announced the streamed character reveal

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Certainly planning on attempting to main Fem!Robin. Really looking like a human sized Olimar without the minions.

Closest so far. :troll:
Yes.
Nope.
Yes.
Come on guys.
Nope.
Nope.
Obviously not. :troll:

Dunno about the Powerpuff people, but that one was just a jab at Miiverse in general.
Well, if the powerpuff one was from Miiverse, would the Pikachu one be that one guy from EVO? Can't remember his name at the moment.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well here it is, anyway:
Scatsman
Jumpman Clifford
Half of the damn crowd at the Invitational
Gatherer of Keniths
IT WAS ME, DIO!
Miiverse
Everyone and their mother besides me
Is the mega man one Super smash Bros fan?

Other than that,

OOH! DO ME NEXT!
Uh, "Professor Wright and Phoenix Layton!"
I'd have to know gender first. :troll:
I don't really know you well, or who you even want. If I had to take a wild guess, then "LADY PALUTENAAA!" Though that's Admiral Pit.
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux
So, what am I like?
So many coming all at once asking me... "Substitute doll"

I don't even know anymore.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

The bolded one is me right? That sounds a bit like me.

I can tell the others are Scatman, Blue Pikmin, Cliffjumper, Kenith, and Super Brawler.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I just have an affinity towards zoning characters; for instance, Link and Samus have been fairly consistent mains of mine. I am the kind of ******* that cheers when FChamp "repulses" his opponent to a time-out.
I love Samus in Melee. Getting those missile cancels is satisfying to me. The same thing goes for super wave dashes. lol. I always go for those at the worst times just because I think its fun to do haha.

Falco has to be the best character for my style though. Super aggressive play style is really fun for me. Melee it goes :falcomelee: then :drmario:then:samusmelee:. I don't like having the same characters across games funnily enough. Though Falco in Brawl is one of my better characters. I like to stick with newcomers for the most part. This time its looking like:4palutena: and:4wiifit: hopefully Dixie gets in too.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
So I just saw Fi's gameplay for hyrule warriors. Makes me crave for more zelda reps in smash.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'd have to know gender first. :troll:
I don't really know you well, or who you even want. If I had to take a wild guess, then "LADY PALUTENAAA!" Though that's Admiral Pit.
Nah, I'm just one of those weird people who find pixels attractive. Specifically, Lady Palutena's pixels. She has a nice butt pixels.

Er, but that's besides the point; I'm a dude and I don't have a particular preference for who makes it in. I figure I'll main the three in my signature so I spend a lot of my time either in the social thread chilling with everyone else or in another thread making people feel bad for being assholes.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Soooooooo, Top 5 Smash Bros Wii U/3DS mains so far?

Mine:

1- :4greninja:

2- :4lucina:

3- :4charizard:

4- :4peach:

5- :4link:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm happy that the Gematsu leak isn't 100% accurate now. Now we can be surprised with stuff (even though apparently Sakurai's "running out of newcomer videos") like how @ Substitution Substitution was talking about earlier. (finally got rid of the drawing huh?)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Found the perfect avatar for me to fit current events.

Can't get over how adorable Lucina is in the picture. :3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom