• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I really legitimately do think there is still a large amount of credibility in the leak, and I think people are really brushing aside all the facts just because they want it out of the picture. Let's look at the facts, shall we?

What the leak predicted right:
  • "Animal Crossing Guy"
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Mega Man
  • Little Mac
  • "Pokemon from X and Y"
  • Mii Fighter
  • Palutena
  • Pac Man
What the leak did not predict:
  • Rosalina
  • Lucina
  • Robin
What the leak got wrong:
  • Chrom
  • Shulk being revealed today
Didn't the leak also say something about Lucas and DLC?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Chrom and Shulk actually went out for a few beers the night before, because y'know Gematsu. The Chorus Kids couldn't come, because they're kids. Chrom drank too much, and passed out in the middle of sparing with Lucina. Captain Falcon shows up, and Lucina decided to take Chrom's spot to no one's objections. Chrom regained consciousness at the end of the trailer.

At least it explains his face here:
Hang on a moment, Shulk is 18, so that's technically under age drinking. In fact, is Chrom 19 like at the start of Fire Emblem: Awakening or like 21 post Ylisse-Plegia war?

Also Chorus Kids may be unable to drink booze, but Cherry Vanilla Coca-Cola creates the same effect anyway.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I really legitimately do think there is still a large amount of credibility in the leak, and I think people are really brushing aside all the facts just because they want it out of the picture. Let's look at the facts, shall we?

• "Animal Crossing Guy"
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Mega Man
  • Little Mac
  • "Pokemon from X and Y"
  • Mii Fighter
  • Palutena
  • Pac Man
  • Rosalina
  • Lucina
  • Robin
What the leak got wrong:
  • Chrom
Just looking at the facts, clearly the leak has a lot more in its favor than against it. People have been dismissing the leak saying that everything he predicted were "obvious guesses", when, in fact, they weren't. Sakurai outright stated after Brawl that he had no intentions of making a playable Animal Crossing character, yet the leaker guessed him anyways, and was right. A lot of people were actually opposed to Little Mac's, Miis', and Pac Man's inclusion because they believed they had no movepool potential, remember that? And yet those same people later on claimed that they were "easy picks". Oi. And I don't even need to tell you how weird it is he predicted Wii Fit Trainer.

People also throw out the fact that he said "Pokemon from X and Y" as reason against his credibility, but we already know why he did that now. Sakurai said that at the beginning from the game's development they reserved a slot for a new Pokemon but didn't decide upon Greninja until he saw his official concept art, meaning that there was a period of time from the reservation of a new Pokemon slot until Game Freak decided on Greninja's official name that the leaker would not have known Greninja's name if he got his information from early in development. And that last idea is something I want to delve into further.

So right now we know that today's video showed Chrom as part of Robin's Final Smash. This obviously deconfirms that he will be a playable character, but it doesn't deconfirm that he was always intended not to be. Though the roster was decided at the beginning of development, it almost definitely wasn't decided upon in a single night. Characters that were supposed to be in may have been cut or repurposed. After all, we know this wouldn't be the first time in Smash development history that this has happened: several characters were cut from Brawl's final roster, including Mewtwo and Roy, who actually got far enough into development to have received unique fanfares, meaning they weren't cut immediately, and Ridley was initially intended to be an Assist Trophy before being repurposed into a Boss fight. Perhaps this means that early on in Smash's development, Chrom WAS intended to be playable, and got cut in favor of Lucina, but whose model was repurposed to serve in Robin's Final Smash. I can see this being highly likely, as the fact that he stated nothing about the other two Fire Emblem newcomers and the fact that Awakening is a very recent release with a lot of characters makes it seem likely that the Fire Emblem representatives may have been swapped around a lot in early development.

As for how he missed Rosalina, your guess is as good as mine. Keep in mind though, that in between his first leak and his second leak, there were some characters that he didn't initially announce that he announced later. The second leak was released AFTER Rosalina was announced, so it may be very possible that had she not been announced so early, he would have detailed her in his later update.

So that's why I believe there still is plausability in the Gematsu leak. I would say its legitness rides on Shulk and the Chorus Men, as if they are both confirmed still playable, then it most likely was just a Fire Emblem mixup early in development that attributed to the confusion.

Oh, and the predicted Shulk reveal for today? Well, I think Monolith's tweet speaks volumes about that one. Since Tetsuya Takahashi only normally retweets Xenoblade related things, I don't doubt that Sakurai intentionally swapped up the trailers. He's already proven to be very perceptive, I highly doubt he wouldn't have heard about the Gematsu leak and our predictions by now and intentionally threw us a curveball.
I don't think Gematsu predicted anything about Shulk being revealed today. The dude retweeted it and everyone got excited and went ahead and hyped it up. Gematsu had nothing to do with that to the best of my knowledge.

Because it's the face he has in his trophy.

THAT actually has me ALOT more interested.

IS there some kind of Ubisoft character in Smash Bros (Rayman, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia, ZombiU) ? Or did Nintendo just pay out Ubisoft to include their Rayman character as a trophy... because if that's what they did... and Rayman or any other Ubisoft character isn't playable... I'm not too sure how I feel about that. If a Ubisoft character isn't playable, I personally feel like they may as well have not called them up to begin with and used their resources elsewhere. Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm really liking how this roster is shaping up. Nearly every character shown seem pretty interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a direct in August, maybe we can see Ness, Wario, or Ganon at that point.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because it's the face he has in his trophy.
I know about the trophy,but have just the head,and things get weird.

• "Animal Crossing Guy"
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Mega Man
  • Little Mac
  • "Pokemon from X and Y"
  • Mii Fighter
  • Palutena
  • Pac Man
  • Rosalina
  • Lucina
  • Robin
What the leak got wrong:
  • Chrom
Just looking at the facts, clearly the leak has a lot more in its favor than against it. People have been dismissing the leak saying that everything he predicted were "obvious guesses", when, in fact, they weren't. Sakurai outright stated after Brawl that he had no intentions of making a playable Animal Crossing character, yet the leaker guessed him anyways, and was right. A lot of people were actually opposed to Little Mac's, Miis', and Pac Man's inclusion because they believed they had no movepool potential, remember that? And yet those same people later on claimed that they were "easy picks". Oi. And I don't even need to tell you how weird it is he predicted Wii Fit Trainer.

People also throw out the fact that he said "Pokemon from X and Y" as reason against his credibility, but we already know why he did that now. Sakurai said that at the beginning from the game's development they reserved a slot for a new Pokemon but didn't decide upon Greninja until he saw his official concept art, meaning that there was a period of time from the reservation of a new Pokemon slot until Game Freak decided on Greninja's official name that the leaker would not have known Greninja's name if he got his information from early in development. And that last idea is something I want to delve into further.

So right now we know that today's video showed Chrom as part of Robin's Final Smash. This obviously deconfirms that he will be a playable character, but it doesn't deconfirm that he was always intended not to be. Though the roster was decided at the beginning of development, it almost definitely wasn't decided upon in a single night. Characters that were supposed to be in may have been cut or repurposed. After all, we know this wouldn't be the first time in Smash development history that this has happened: several characters were cut from Brawl's final roster, including Mewtwo and Roy, who actually got far enough into development to have received unique fanfares, meaning they weren't cut immediately, and Ridley was initially intended to be an Assist Trophy before being repurposed into a Boss fight. Perhaps this means that early on in Smash's development, Chrom WAS intended to be playable, and got cut in favor of Lucina, but whose model was repurposed to serve in Robin's Final Smash. I can see this being highly likely, as the fact that he stated nothing about the other two Fire Emblem newcomers and the fact that Awakening is a very recent release with a lot of characters makes it seem likely that the Fire Emblem representatives may have been swapped around a lot in early development.

As for how he missed Rosalina, your guess is as good as mine. Keep in mind though, that in between his first leak and his second leak, there were some characters that he didn't initially announce that he announced later. The second leak was released AFTER Rosalina was announced, so it may be very possible that had she not been announced so early, he would have detailed her in his later update.

So that's why I believe there still is plausability in the Gematsu leak. I would say its legitness rides on Shulk and the Chorus Men, as if they are both confirmed still playable, then it most likely was just a Fire Emblem mixup early in development that attributed to the confusion.

Oh, and the predicted Shulk reveal for today? Well, I think Monolith's tweet speaks volumes about that one. Since Tetsuya Takahashi only normally retweets Xenoblade related things, I don't doubt that Sakurai intentionally swapped up the trailers. He's already proven to be very perceptive, I highly doubt he wouldn't have heard about the Gematsu leak and our predictions by now and intentionally threw us a curveball.
This (no offense) is like a Ridley fan trying to explain about him in the Direct.
Just to get off that,if he was being controlled,then why is he gliding (which has been cut) like Peach?

D

Deleted member

Hang on a moment, Shulk is 18, so that's technically under age drinking. In fact, is Chrom 19 like at the start of Fire Emblem: Awakening or like 21 post Ylisse-Plegia war?

Also Chorus Kids may be unable to drink booze, but Cherry Vanilla Coca-Cola creates the same effect anyway.
Crud. I forgot about Shulk's age. Gosh durn it. At least with Chrom I have the argument of Fire Emblem being medieval.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
This (no offense) is like a Ridley fan trying to explain about him in the Direct.
Just to get off that,if he was being controlled,then why is he gliding (which has been cut) like Peach?
What? Did you read my post? I don't recall saying anything about gliding at all.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Gliding has never been specifically stated to be cut, only that Pit can't glide, which makes sense. Charizard probably still has the ability, and possibly Meta Knight as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Both of those have yet to be confirmed or denied.
Personally, I'm hoping Lucas isn't cut, Ness also isn't cut and DLC isn't a thing.
:4lucina:

Lucas clearly isn't going anywhere. Then again, I had 100% faith in him before today, so I'm heavily biased.

But who really knows what the drinking age on the Bionis is? :troll:
LOOPHOLES!

Shulk has a British voice actor and the legal drinking age is 16 over there. That counts, right? :4pacman:
EVEN MORE LOOPHOLES!

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Waitwaitwait Cherry Vanilla Coca Cola? Where the hell has this diabeetus inducing drink been all my life?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Yup, but that's neither confirmable nor deniable right now, so I didn't include it in my post. I just listed "what he got right" and "what he got wrong."
I know. I just thought I'd mention it.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
So, I got Fire Emblem Awakening a long time ago, but I was horrible at it, so I stopped playing it, but seeing this announcement made me want to play it again. So I made a new file, and I swear, I cannot be the only one who does this. I keep everyone in a tight group, and basically gang up on the enemies once at a time.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I love how Sakurai says we're nearing the end of newcomer vids and everyone is speculating whether there are two or three newcomers left, and he mind****s everyone by introducing two for this video.

Btw did I mention Robin

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I got Fire Emblem Awakening a long time ago, but I was horrible at it, so I stopped playing it, but seeing this announcement made me want to play it again. So I made a new file, and I swear, I cannot be the only one who does this. I keep everyone in a tight group, and basically gang up on the enemies once at a time.
FE: A is still one of those games I have yet to play. Maybe sometime later...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I just paired up what characters I wanted to be close and sent everyone out in separate groups of two. With the usual third wheel here and there that had no one to pair up with those damn characters who can only get married to like one person.

Speaking of Awakening and the announcement, not only is Robin amazing, but now I can play as my female avatar and have my husbando Chrom jump in for final smashes. Perfect. :troll: Certainly a new character to main at all costs.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Shulk has a British voice actor and the legal drinking age is 16 over there. That counts, right? :4pacman:
Well, I don't know.

Everyone was created by Japanese people, everyone is British for some reason, and Bionis is like Australia with all the dangerous animals running around.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Oh my, I forgot to do my veteran gig I always do when someone's shown off

Very glad Captain Falcons back. Now these are my top 5 Most Wanted Veterans at this point.

5. R.O.B.
4. Mewtwo
3. Mr Game and Watch
2. Wario
1. Ness

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
R.I.P. Monado Monday, night guys
Onwards to Tactician Tuesday
Top 5 Wanted Newcomers
1.Shulk
2.Bayonetta
3.Impa
4.Fire Emblem MU Robin now Ridley
5.Wonder Red *sobs*

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So, it's going for mass appeal then?
The game has Furby drug dealers, robo waifus, lizard men, dinosaurs, that Jesus Santa Smurf, a bunch of British people, a laser sword, waifu simulator elements, and most importantly swimsuits that come in male and female flavors.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Has anyone else noticed where the artwork of Paulutena is cropped? It kind of looks like she's decapitated :D. It's a nice shot of Pit though.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The game has Furby drug dealers, robo waifus, lizard men, dinosaurs, that Jesus Santa Smurf, a bunch of British people, laser swords, and most importantly swimsuits that come in male and female flavors.
So what you're saying is that yes, it does go for mass appeal. Got it. :troll:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
The game has Furby drug dealers, robo waifus, lizard men, dinosaurs, that Jesus Santa Smurf, a bunch of British people, a laser sword, waifu simulator elements, and most importantly swimsuits that come in male and female flavors.
Where do I sign up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom