• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Then can we call it "Gematsu Leak" and not "Sal?" It really drives me nuts.
It's okay to call it the Sal Romano leak considering he's the face of it, the messenger.

The unacceptable part is pinning the blame on the guy because the leak is severely injured/dead.

D

Deleted member

The unacceptable part is pinning the blame on the guy because the leak is severely injured/dead.
I know people are going to/have done this, but really?

I know I should be extremely hyped for the reveals today, and believe me, I am, but I'm mainly feeling sympathetic toward Chrom for getting a ton of hate and then not actually being playable, and Sal Romano, who will get a ton of bad rep regardless of if he is the leaker or not. Can we hire Phoenix Wright to defend Sal or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's okay to call it the Sal Romano leak considering he's the face of it, the messenger.

What about him bluntly saying it was going to be shulk?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I know people are going to/have done this, but really?

I know I should be extremely hyped for the reveals today, but I'm just feeling sympathetic toward Chrom for getting a ton of hate and then not actually being playable, and Sal Romano, who will get a ton of bad rep regardless of if he is the leaker or not.
It really annoys me when people moan at Sal (Someone even straight up cursed him out, and another told him s/he hates him!). That's like punching a mailman because he handed you a rejection letter.

I don't really care about Chrom. I personally preferred this outcome because, hey, Magic + Swords is a fun time. I did send out my support for the characters of the 'leak' I genuinely would support either way (i.e. Shulk and Chrous Kids).

*shrug*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It really annoys me when people moan at Sal (Someone even straight up cursed him out, and another told him s/he hates him!). That's like punching a mailman because he handed you a rejection letter.

I don't really care about Chrom. I personally preferred this outcome because, hey, Magic + Swords is a fun time. I did send out my support for the characters of the 'leak' I genuinely would support either way (i.e. Shulk and Chrous Kids).

*shrug*
I really hope this doesn't impact his professional work at all.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What about him bluntly saying it was going to be shulk?
He said that his source said it was Shulk. Whether or not he actually had a source is up in the air, but I still feel bad for Sal.

I never even cared about the leak (other than wanting it to fall on its face for my own giggles but nothing more) until today, and today I think it's bogus. That's all.

I don't know if you were implying I was defending the leak or not because that never has nor will it ever be the case.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I found this on Neogaf. Not sure if anyone else saw this.

This whole Falcon fighting Lucina thing actually reminds me of that part from Godzilla Final Wars where the lady is fighting the guy (sorry, can't remember names) with a sword and he raises his fist to punch her and she goes "You're going to attack a lady?" and he opens his fist into an open hand all slow like and goes "........ yeah" then smacks her unconscious and picks up her sword and goes "Sorry, sweetheart!"

D

Deleted member

Can't we just go back to laughing at IMDB? Like saying Bill Nye was gonna voice Palutena? And my failed attempts to add Mike Myers, Chiwa Saitou and Christina Vee as voice actors for the game?

Hong

The Strongest
Falcon Punch VS Knock-Out Punch.

Clash.

Aftermath.

GO.
Please. Robin's intervention prevented not only Lucina, but Little Mac and the world as we know it from being completely eradicated.

They didn't even really fight. The three of them went to go get beers and left Chrom on the floor weeping like a baby.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Please. Robin's intervention prevented not only Lucina, but Little Mac and the world as we know it from being completely eradicated.

They didn't even really fight. The three of them went to go get beers and left Chrom on the floor weeping like a baby.
Not before stomping him into the plaster off-screen for awhile first, though.

Guess some things never change, eh, Chrom? ¦D

Hong

The Strongest
Whatever, Chrom sucks so bad compared to Lucina and Robin, anyway.

You either need Galeforce, be able to produce offspring with Galeforce, or go home blue boy.

D

Deleted member

Chrom and Shulk actually went out for a few beers the night before, because y'know Gematsu. The Chorus Kids couldn't come, because they're kids. Chrom drank too much, and passed out in the middle of sparing with Lucina. Captain Falcon shows up, and Lucina decided to take Chrom's spot to no one's objections. Chrom regained consciousness at the end of the trailer.

At least it explains his face here:

D

Deleted member

OK, I've tried to edit IMDB once more. Sakurai's desk will be the director.

Hong

The Strongest
I like how deliberate the trailer was at burning Chrom.

Robin: "But I am no ordinary swordsman! *cough* CHROM *cough*"
Chrom: "Gck... I heard that..."

D

Deleted member

Robin: "But I am no ordinary swordsman! We have Lucina for that." :troll: I'm sorry, please don't stab me in my sleep

Dear sir or madame,

I hereby declare that you have won the internet for the time being.
Sir. I'm considering slapping a mustache over my avatar to make it less confusing.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I like how deliberate the trailer was at burning Chrom.

Robin: "But I am no ordinary swordsman! *cough* CHROM *cough*"
Chrom: "Gck... I heard that..."
Maybe it's an in-joke. Or a poke at how he's a blue-haired swordsman like Marth or Ike.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey guys.
It just struck me about how familiar Falcon's design looks. It's the anime.

I would make this my avatar,but I'm so stuck with Bowswagger.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Chrom and Shulk actually went out for a few beers the night before, because y'know Gematsu. The Chorus Kids couldn't come, because they're kids. Chrom drank too much, and passed out in the middle of sparing with Lucina. Captain Falcon shows up, and Lucina decided to take Chrom's spot to no one's objections. Chrom regained consciousness at the end of the trailer.

At least it explains his face here:
He looks so....

I don't even.

Hong

The Strongest
He looks like he's doing the Peanutbutter Jelly Time dance in that screenshot.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I hope this isn't the only trailer involving Falcon. It would be great if there was a villains trailer and he showed up to fight G-dorf.

D

Deleted member

I hope this isn't the only trailer involving Falcon. It would be great if there was a villains trailer and he showed up to fight G-dorf.
No. There is only one villain Captain Falcon should fight

Too bad there is no way we'll ever get a second F-Zero character

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I really legitimately do think there is still a large amount of credibility in the leak, and I think people are really brushing aside all the facts just because they want it out of the picture. Let's look at the facts, shall we?

What the leak predicted right:
  • "Animal Crossing Guy"
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Mega Man
  • Little Mac
  • "Pokemon from X and Y"
  • Mii Fighter
  • Palutena
  • Pac Man
What the leak did not predict:
  • Rosalina
  • Lucina
  • Robin
What the leak got wrong:
  • Chrom
  • Shulk being revealed today
Just looking at the facts, clearly the leak has a lot more in its favor than against it. People have been dismissing the leak saying that everything he predicted were "obvious guesses", when, in fact, they weren't. Sakurai outright stated after Brawl that he had no intentions of making a playable Animal Crossing character, yet the leaker guessed him anyways, and was right. A lot of people were actually opposed to Little Mac's, Miis', and Pac Man's inclusion because they believed they had no movepool potential, remember that? And yet those same people later on claimed that they were "easy picks". Oi. And I don't even need to tell you how weird it is he predicted Wii Fit Trainer.

People also throw out the fact that he said "Pokemon from X and Y" as reason against his credibility, but we already know why he did that now. Sakurai said that at the beginning from the game's development they reserved a slot for a new Pokemon but didn't decide upon Greninja until he saw his official concept art, meaning that there was a period of time from the reservation of a new Pokemon slot until Game Freak decided on Greninja's official name that the leaker would not have known Greninja's name if he got his information from early in development. And that last idea is something I want to delve into further.

So right now we know that today's video showed Chrom as part of Robin's Final Smash. This obviously deconfirms that he will be a playable character, but it doesn't deconfirm that he was always intended not to be. Though the roster was decided at the beginning of development, it almost definitely wasn't decided upon in a single night. Characters that were supposed to be in may have been cut or repurposed. After all, we know this wouldn't be the first time in Smash development history that this has happened: several characters were cut from Brawl's final roster, including Mewtwo and Roy, who actually got far enough into development to have received unique fanfares, meaning they weren't cut immediately, and Ridley was initially intended to be an Assist Trophy before being repurposed into a Boss fight. Perhaps this means that early on in Smash's development, Chrom WAS intended to be playable, and got cut in favor of Lucina, but whose model was repurposed to serve in Robin's Final Smash. I can see this being highly likely, as the fact that he stated nothing about the other two Fire Emblem newcomers and the fact that Awakening is a very recent release with a lot of characters makes it seem likely that the Fire Emblem representatives may have been swapped around a lot in early development.

As for how he missed Rosalina, your guess is as good as mine. Keep in mind though, that in between his first leak and his second leak, there were some characters that he didn't initially announce that he announced later. The second leak was released AFTER Rosalina was announced, so it may be very possible that had she not been announced so early, he would have detailed her in his later update.

So that's why I believe there still is plausability in the Gematsu leak. I would say its legitness rides on Shulk and the Chorus Men, as if they are both confirmed still playable, then it most likely was just a Fire Emblem mixup early in development that attributed to the confusion.

Oh, and the predicted Shulk reveal for today? Well, I think Monolith's tweet speaks volumes about that one. Since Tetsuya Takahashi only normally retweets Xenoblade related things, I don't doubt that Sakurai intentionally swapped up the trailers. He's already proven to be very perceptive, I highly doubt he wouldn't have heard about the Gematsu leak and our predictions by now and intentionally threw us a curveball.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom