• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yesterday Reggie basically said what I had to say for any excuses people are making to keep the leak alive:

SPREAD!! SPREAD MY PRETTY GIF, SPREAD!!!

(I'm just on a roll with these Wizard of Oz references.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The way I see it, the only ones Sal/ Gematsu having going for them is Wii Fit trainer and villager

Most of the rest were fairly obvious.

Rosalina being a character that WASN'T obvious, and just so happens WASN'T on Sal/ Gametsu

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So I keep seeing people saying something about Lucina having a unique final smash, I don't remember seeing it myself...

Though if she is a Marth clone, and she does have a unique fs, then there are no excuses for Falco, Wolf, and Lucas.
And hopefully Toon Link/Sheik have new ones that weren't finished in time for the demo.

D

Deleted member

Oh my god. Someone made an Elf joke based on the timing of the reveal in EST, which was 10 AM. (Tomorrow morning, 10 AM, Santa's coming to town)

This actually fits so well. Many thought Shulk would be revealed. (You play like a Fire Emblem character, you don't play like Shulk)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It is though; honestly, it has to do with how the community interprets the leak. At first, everyone fallaciously regarded it as objective fact, so it was fact in that context. Now everyone fallaciously regards it as thoroughly refuted... so it is, or it is here. We obviously need to wait for further news until people get on their knees and crawl back to Sal and his source.

No reasoning is enough. It is "good enough" to be fact by their standards. Even if you point out that that sentiment is utterly arbitrary, they retort with, "it has not been wrong yet." The opposite will become true. "It is false, Chrom is not playable." You might assert, "that does not definitively contest the leak in its entirety;" however, they will retort with, "it has already been wrong once." This is; of course, despite the notion that they blatantly disregarded overt contradictions as a result of confirmation bias in the first place.

Tl;dr: Gematsu supporters are incompetent and Gematsu detractors are incompetent. One has to realize that the leaker DOES have insider information. The question is... to what extent and is it relevant as of current. No one asks that though because they forget that the leak alludes to information prior to roster finalization, thus they erroneously assume that the leak needs to be either completely real or completely false. It is overt that that is a logical fallacy. GG.
Eh. I'm just sticking to my philosophy about leaks, guilty till proven innocent. All leaks are false till everything in them is proven to be true, 1 wrong thing makes it an instant lie no matter how many rights it has.

Keeps things simple without over complicating them.

I hate how everyone immediately jumped off the bandwagon as soon as there was a chance it is wasn't true. Better safe than sorry?

It's just like when Ridley's shadow was shown. Everyone was like "Nope." and ran away.
I never believed the leak.

I think Ridley's shadow makes him more likely to be playable.

D

Deleted member

I made jokes that Roy would be revealed. Lucina appears to be a Marth clone. Do I win? :4pacman:

probably not

Morbi

Scavenger
Eh. I'm just sticking to my philosophy about leaks, guilty till proven innocent. All leaks are false till everything in them is proven to be true, 1 wrong thing makes it an instant lie no matter how many rights it has.

Keeps things simple without over complicating them.

I never believed the leak.

I think Ridley's shadow makes him more likely to be playable.
I prefer the Golden Standard, innocent until proven guilty. The skeptic has the burden to approach the leak in an attempt to refute it. If we just assume it is fake, and it happens to be real, we lost a great deal of pertinent speculation because of a "philosophy" regarding how we should treat leaks. There are many leaks, it is much easier to attenuate their credibility than it is to wait for a confirmation. I do not believe that a leak needs to be 100% positive to yield any merit. The Gematsu leak should have NEVER been interpreted as objective fact; however, there are certain aspects about it that blatantly indicate that he has insider information. Disregarding that notion is not in my nature.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I prefer the Golden Standard, innocent until proven guilty. The skeptic has the burden to approach the leak in an attempt to refute it. If we just assume it is fake, and it happens to be real, we lost a great deal of pertinent speculation because of a "philosophy" regarding how we should treat leaks. There are many leaks, it is much easier to attenuate their credibility than it is to wait for a confirmation. I do not believe that a leak needs to be 100% positive to yield any merit. The Gematsu leak should have NEVER been interpreted as objective fact; however, there are certain aspects about it that blatantly indicate that he has insider information. Disregarding that notion is not in my nature.
I suppose I just have patience. :drshrug:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
hate how everyone immediately jumped off the bandwagon as soon as there was a chance it is wasn't true. Better safe than sorry?

It's just like when Ridley's shadow was shown. Everyone was like "Nope." and ran away.
Part of the main point speculators have when it comes to rumors is to find a reason to disprove them.

Once you find that reason, all you can do is move onto the next thing to disprove.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I swear, when Lucina was revealed, I fell out of my chair. Then Robin came. And I died. But the Hype revived me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm just gonna go out and say I legit cried tears of joy when I saw Lucina playable.

I always wanted her..

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Hopefully, they change Lucina's movesets, or reveal some unique ones to battle the clone ones. Even though I won't main any FE characters..

@ Starcutter Starcutter You got ninja'd sir. But it is still funny the second time.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So, how does everyone feel about FE suddenly out-representing Kirby, Metroid, and even DK?

I don't think that Bandana Dee will get in (merely because of roster space), but I do think that K. Rool and Ridley will be in.
That brings DK and Metroid up to 3.
FE is still ahead.

I could see them doing a dual-trailer for either DK or Metroid, like what they did today with Robin and Lucina.

For DK, it would be Donkey and Diddy fighting K. Rool, when K. Rool has them at the edge of a cliff, and they fall off. You see Donkey and Diddy continuing to fall, when they suddenly stop. Confused as to why they stop, they look up, and see that they were caught by Dixie Kong. Dixie carries them both back up, where all three fight K. Rool.

For Metroid, it would be Samus taking on Ridley, when Ridley has her down, and is about to crush her, when he is suddenly blasted by electricity and falls done. The camera then pans to the entrance of the room, to be greeted by a Blue-Suited man. His helmet pops up, and we here a familiar "Remember me?"
ANTHONY HIGGS JOINS THE BATTLE!

Of course, as awesome as these may be (especially that Higgs one), I could only see one at most happening.

Though I do think that Bandana Dee, Dixie, and maybe another Metroid character (after Ridley) will all get in trough DLC if they aren't in the initial roster.
I think that the biggest franchises in Smash are Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Kirby as top. However, I'd say that Metroid, DK, and now Fire Emblem constitute Nintendo's second tire biggest franchises. So if DK and Metroid don't get atleast another rep, then Fire Emblem is for sure overrepped at this point.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
After Palutena, Buffed Bowser, and Pit, I thought every character I wanted was in Smash. I apparently forgot about Robin. And then having Lucina too is just...Why can't I hold all these mains?!

I never want to get off this ride.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools.

Yes, I am just super bored. Spouting out a random quote for no reason at all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy crap. Someone made this picture a while back as a straw grasp for Chrom, but look again.

Who's the only character on the Awakening boxart facing the same direction as the characters on the Smash boxart?

I'M AN IDIOT.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Yeah, she never had one. Samus did though.

Also, in that same vid Marth upB fails to autosweetspot when he was below it, after getting hit; though he still made it. Wonder if the guy was holding down, or it just didn't autosweetspot...hm.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Today was a good reveal. I now have three of my top ten wishlist for Smash 4, which is outstanding seeing how unlikely everyone thought my list was. Fingers crossed for even more :)

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools.

Yes, I am just super bored. Spouting out a random quote for no reason at all.
Bowser Haiku, Super Mario RPG. . . You've good taste, my friend.

Anyways, I don't believe Gematsu is objectively false now. Here's my current position; The Gematsu leak is incomplete. I believe, just as we've already seen with Rosalina, that there are in fact characters that are still yet to be revealed and known (Robin and Lucina prior to today, for instance). I believe Chrom was somehow lead to be a mistook character, and Shulk's reveal perhaps had been changed last minute. Now don't get me wrong, I don't care if Gematsu is real or not. In fact, I don't have any affection towards a Rhythm Heaven character, so I wouldn't defend it on that end. As for Shulk, leak or not, I feel as if he will be in the game regardless. The fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter if the Gematsu leak is gospel or not at this point in time. At best, Gematsu is now an incomplete leak, and alternatively, it wasn't ever factual to begin with. Regardless of where it is now, either situation still leaves the opportunity for our fan favorite characters such as King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley [and etcetera] to make an appearance, so I don't understand why people are getting worked up / arguing about it. It more-or-less leads to the same situation regardless, and quite frankly the one that the majority of us would prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom