• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Lucina is just going to be a swap. An easy add. No big deal. Marth and Lucina share the same moves thats all.

Gematsu isn't dead.
Even Sal's really confused about his source.
Considering his source said that Chrom would be playable... and he's not.

D

Deleted member

There are some incredibly bizarre, straw-graspy ways in which the leak could still be legit, but I'm confident enough in Shulk's chances that I don't care anymore. Shulk and Chorus Kids will be on our minds regardless. Well played, Mr. Tipper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Even Sal's really confused about his source.
Considering his source said that Chrom would be playable... and he's not.
If the leaker isn't a part of development as we have speculated than it makes sense for it to be close but wrong. I wouldn't say its dead just yet. X and Y pokemon? Its close but it could've been anything. He's been right about so many other of the newcomers. One of them being not 100 percent right only damages the credibility. It doesn't kill it 100 percent. they still have gotten so many others right.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
We should make a deconfirmed meme guys.

Anytime someone gets deconfirmed we use based Chrom gif or put the face of the character on him. With or without the "another day quote"

No? Well screw that, I'll do it for amusement.
Even better :

D

Deleted member

It's funny really; Chrom was the butt of so many of my jokes up until today, but now, I feel kind of sorry for the guy.
He was hated by so many, and so many are relishing in his disconfirmation. At least the Final Smash is cool.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I do, admittedly feel sympathetic for Chrom and his Shepards.

I was thinking about writing out an apology to the Chrom thread, but I decided against it because they might think I was being a facetious ****.

D

Deleted member

I do, admittedly feel sympathetic for Chrom and his Shepards.

I was thinking about writing out an apology to the Chrom thread, but I decided against it because they might think I was being a facetious ****.
With your avatar? Yeah, they'd probably kill you. :4pacman:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Within the next two months they're will be alot of others long awaiting groups that may be facing that same reality. I think the most anyone can do is at least be respectful of the situation and avoid the need to rub it in people's faces. Which today hasn't been exactly the ideal situation with that giving the sheer number of people that turned the fanbase into the face of the Gemtastu situation.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Its not like I even want Chrom, Shulk, or Chorus Men but I just don't think its 100 percent wrong or will continue to be wrong. Even if he said that Shulk would've been revealed today I mean. I don't even think the Xenoblade guys know when Shulk will be revealed. I think they just retweet Smash stuff just in case its Shulk not because they know.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Idk why Sakurai would show something as hype as a Rayman trophy a few hours before 3 character reveals.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, I think Shulk was supposed to be revealed today. After Sakurai's announcement, he got a vision of the future where message boards all over whined about another Gematsu character. So Shulk decided that he would change the future, and push his reveal back to another time, while casting a ton of doubt on the very leak that mentioned him. That way, his reveal would be met with less groaning.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Atm i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the remaining newcomers will probably be ridley, Ghirahim, Maybe the Chorus men and K. Rool. The reasons i say this are because so far two characters franchises out of the 4 trivia trophy's that were shown in the smash direct are in and rhythm heavens enemies were in smash run as well as kremlings from DK which haven't made an appearance in awhile in any mario or DK game. Plus we need more villains and we already have made up for the lack of female representation. Only out of left field characters i think that could be left are Bandana dee due to D3 losing waddle dee toss and that fact that both triple deluxe and return to dreamland feature bandana dee in important roles and how popular he's become and the fact that it seems odd for FE to suddenly exceed Kirby's franchise in reps plus They could reveal MK alongside Bandana dee. The other one being Rayman given that it feels INCREDIBLY odd that randomly rayman pops into smash bros and the only thing of him in any shape of form is just being a trophy.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Based on the reveal video, Captain Falcon is a man's man. He took on three characters without taking much damage. :p

Morbi

Scavenger
View attachment 18179

Based on a real life story.
It is though; honestly, it has to do with how the community interprets the leak. At first, everyone fallaciously regarded it as objective fact, so it was fact in that context. Now everyone fallaciously regards it as thoroughly refuted... so it is, or it is here. We obviously need to wait for further news until people get on their knees and crawl back to Sal and his source.

No reasoning is enough. It is "good enough" to be fact by their standards. Even if you point out that that sentiment is utterly arbitrary, they retort with, "it has not been wrong yet." The opposite will become true. "It is false, Chrom is not playable." You might assert, "that does not definitively contest the leak in its entirety;" however, they will retort with, "it has already been wrong once." This is; of course, despite the notion that they blatantly disregarded overt contradictions as a result of confirmation bias in the first place.

Tl;dr: Gematsu supporters are incompetent and Gematsu detractors are incompetent. One has to realize that the leaker DOES have insider information. The question is... to what extent and is it relevant as of current. No one asks that though because they forget that the leak alludes to information prior to roster finalization, thus they erroneously assume that the leak needs to be either completely real or completely false. It is overt that that is a logical fallacy. GG.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I get the feeling that Ubisoft wanted Rayman to be playable, but Sakurai turned them down either due to development being too far along, or as a take that for the Rayman Legends thing. However, Ubisoft had modeled him and everything, so as compensation, they made him a trophy. Probably a bit out there, but I dunno. Rayman's trophy is extremely weird.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Worst case scenario, Lucina is basically Melee Marth.
Best case scenario, she's got a few new moves that actually make her stand out.
Not even Marth is as good as Melee Marth. Your worst case scenario is really your best case scenario :dizzy:

I could see them giving her a new Final Smash but retaining everything else Marth.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It is though; honestly, it has to do with how the community interprets the leak. At first, everyone fallaciously regarded it as objective fact, so it was fact in that context. Now everyone fallaciously regards it as thoroughly refuted... so it is, or it is here. We obviously need to wait for further news until people get on their knees and crawl back to Sal and his source.

No reasoning is enough. It is "good enough" to be fact by their standards. Even if you point out that that sentiment is utterly arbitrary, they retort with, "it has not been wrong yet." The opposite will become true. "It is false, Chrom is not playable." You might assert, that does not definitively contest the leak in its entirety; however, they will retort with, "it has already been wrong once." This is; of course, despite the notion that they blatantly disregarded overt contradictions as a result of confirmation bias in the first place.

Tl;dr: Gematsu supporters are incompetent and Gematsu detractors are incompetent. One has to realize that the leaker DOES have insider information. The question is... to what extent and is it relevant as of current. No one asks that though because they forget that the leak alludes to information prior to roster finalization, thus they erroneously assume that the leak needs to be either completely real or completely false. It is overt that that is a logical fallacy. GG.
I hate how everyone immediately jumped off the bandwagon as soon as there was a chance it is wasn't true. Better safe than sorry?

It's just like when Ridley's shadow was shown. Everyone was like "Nope." and ran away.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I think the Gematsu guy, if true, does have a limited source. He probably saw the developers working on Chrom, and assumed he was playable, which makes me think that the Chorus Kids may be in, but more likely as a background character/hazard or an Assist Trophy.

D

Deleted member

Shulk as assist trophy then? He and Isaac can be bros.
I still think shulk is playable, but worst case scenario

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
A lot of people would want their characters playable in Smash. Maybe Smash 4 is getting third party trophies basically as ways to advertise for their games, or third party companies are paying them to includes their properties as trophies. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I hate how everyone immediately jumped off the bandwagon as soon as there was a chance it is wasn't true. Better safe than sorry?

It's just like when Ridley's shadow was shown. Everyone was like "Nope." and ran away.
To be fair, that doesn't apply to me, I was always a detractor of the leak for various reasons.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

I never believed in the leak, and it was because of Chrom. Bow down to your prophet, mortal! :evil::demon:

Nah, but I never believed Ridley was cut when the Pyrosphere stage was shown, or the shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom