• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Soooooooo, Top 5 Smash Bros Wii U/3DS mains so far?

Mine:

1- :4greninja:

2- :4lucina:

3- :4charizard:

4- :4peach:

5- :4link:
1- :4littlemac:
2- :4greninja:
3- :4falcon:
4- :4robinf:
5- :4villager:

Special Mention: :4megaman:, :4mii: (in non-competitive play... which is most of what I do), :4kirby:, :4myfriends:, :4lucina:
These are all characters I might play as a lot without actually maining them.
Lucina is a maybe. I don't really like playing as Marth too much, but I might give Lucina a chance anyway.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't know if you guys saw this yet, but got this from the Gematsu website.
(Sal's response to the Robin x Lucina reveal)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I'm sure most of ya know, the leaker e-mailed me last night teasing Shulk.

He also e-mailed me again this morning saying Nintendo keeps a lot secret from Bandai Namco, and that Sakurai may change his mind as he does all the time, but that Shulk was 100%.

A quote: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be changed."

I've e-mailed him about the lack of Shulk, as well as the whole Chrom being a Final Smash thing. I'll update if I get a response.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say.

- Sal Romano
I'd be fine with that, I do support Shulk some. I do wonder what the leaker thinks of the Chorus Kids now though.

Yup. Thank God. I had that God-forsaken thing for far too long. And the bet is finally done.
Dang, that was a long bet. How long was it?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Soooooooo, Top 5 Smash Bros Wii U/3DS mains so far?

Mine:

1- :4greninja:

2- :4lucina:

3- :4charizard:

4- :4peach:

5- :4link:
Here's mine.

1- :4mario: Mr. Mario Jumpman. The main man, the real dood.

2- :4fox: Fox.

3- :4megaman: Megaman a.k.a. The Keep-Away King.

4- :4samus: Samus, badass as always.

5-:4sheik: Sheik, always bet on a ninja.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The bolded one is me right? That sounds a bit like me.

I can tell the others are Scatman, Blue Pikmin, Cliffjumper, Kenith, and Super Brawler.
Nah, you can see the full list just above your post. I can't remember everyone.

Didn't think everyone would jump in on this...

So someone mentioned mains for this game? Let's see... All my mains from Brawl and previous games, assuming Snake returns:
:4pacman:King K. Rool Open Slot :4olimar::gw::ness2::4kirby::4falcon::4link:Takamaru :4samus::4pit::snake:
:4dk::4diddy:Open Slot:rob:Open Slot:4dedede::metaknight::ganondorf::4zelda:Ridley:4palutena::4robinf:
Pac-Man and Robin are the only newcomers I plan on maining initially, Palutena depends on if I upgrade Pit to main, Pit and Samus depend on if Takamaru shows up, DK and Diddy will only upgrade if K. Rool shows up (and if I can keep everything nice and even), R.O.B. is one I'm thinking of maining, mostly to even it out, Zelda being a main depends on whether Ganondorf has a new moveset, which also determines whether I will main him or not. Krystal will be a main if she shows up as well.
Nah, I'm just one of those weird people who find pixels attractive. Specifically, Lady Palutena's pixels. She has a nice butt pixels.
I like you for we share similar interests, we should be Falcon Friends.
Er, but that's besides the point; I'm a dude and I don't have a particular preference for who makes it in. I figure I'll main the three in my signature so I spend a lot of my time either in the social thread chilling with everyone else or in another thread making people feel bad for being *******s.
My mains plans are complicated, as seen above...

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
The ones I plan on maining so far:

1. [slot reserverd for Falco] *fingers crossed*

2. :4myfriends:

3. :4zss:

4. :4link:

5. :4palutena:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
30 days. It started on June 15th. And currently it's the 15th here (I'm on EST).

I'm not. I'm happy.
Then again, knowing my luck with bets. I'm bound to have it some other time.
I bet you the next reveal is not Shulk, and it will not be someone obvious.

Loser has to use a drawing of Lady Palutena that the other person draws. In MS Paint, with a mouse.

Just kidding. Unless you want to do it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I bet you the next reveal is not Shulk, and it will not be someone obvious.

Loser has to use a drawing of Lady Palutena that the other person draws. In MS Paint, with a mouse.

Just kidding. Unless you want to do it.
Not now. I at least want to have it for some time before doing something stupid again.

Felt a whole lot longer than 30 days.
Try having it. It's like time slows down just to taunt you.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm too easy to see in a crowd full of people. Just because I've given up on a second Sonic rep for this title don mean it'll never happen. I for one can see Nintendo buying SEGA in the near future, so never say never

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Too early to declare an official "main" but the top 5 I'm most excited to try out?

1) :4charizard:

2) :4sheik:

3) :4pacman:

4) :4wiifit:

5) :4robinm:
Its never too early.

I mained Diddy Kong before he was even announced for Brawl.

I know we actually have to play the character first to see if we like them but still.

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I'd say my Mains so far are:

1.:4robinm:

2.:rosalina:

3.:4marth: or maybe Lucina if she's closer to how he was in Melee

4.:4greninja:

5.:4pit:

Also 100th post! ...Yay?

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I hope this avatar proves that I take my occupation very seriously, even in the face of this hype.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

A better idea of my planned mains still need that large render for Robin.
Robin's space was previously empty and the reveal just left a perfect character to fill it.
If Krystal is in, she'd go next to K. Rool. Still no idea for the last two, probably Luigi for one.
Multiple vets depend on certain newcomers and the unconfirmed newcomers are just my predictions.
I do still believe in Snake. I have to. It's not over. Not yet.
Second row is more for secondaries, though if space clears up from a disappointing lack of certain newcomers, Dedede and Meta Knight will just go back next to Kirby like I had them in Brawl.
Worst case scenario (but still with Snake):
:4pacman::4olimar::gw::ness2::4dedede::4kirby::metaknight::4falcon::4link::4robinf::snake:

My overall newcomer rankings
:4pacman::4robinf::4villager::4palutena::4megaman::4littlemac::rosalina::4lucina::4wiifit::4greninja::4mii:
Rankings are fine too.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I'm too easy to see in a crowd full of people. Just because I've given up on a second Sonic rep for this title don mean it'll never happen. I for one can see Nintendo buying SEGA in the near future, so never say never
I would have liked to have had Knuckles in the game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Its never too early.

I mained Diddy Kong before he was even announced for Brawl.

I know we actually have to play the character first to see if we like them but still.
To clarify it's to early FOR ME to declare an official main since I (like most competitive players) base my mains primarily off of how they play and stack up against other characters.

Metaknight wasn't abused in Brawl so much just because a lot of people happened to enjoy the Kirby series. lol

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
To clarify it's to early FOR ME to declare an official main since I (like most competitive players) base my mains primarily off of how they play and stack up against other characters.

Metaknight wasn't abused in Brawl so much just because a lot of people happened to enjoy the Kirby series. lol
Yea. The characters I main are all ones I like at the time. Not how good each one is. Is it my fault that they're all top tier? nah. Do I enjoy d-airing people in 64, Short hop lasering people Melee, and Banana infiniting people in Brawl? yes :awesome:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
My mains are solely based on preference, with the only main exceptions being Snake and Olimar originally who I fell in love with over time and who's movesets fit me perfectly, and my currently planned Robin. I loved Awakening, an Robin is the best possibility I could have ever hoped for, but I'm mostly excited because of how he/she looked in gameplay. Like some odd mix of Olimar and Snake.

Never thought I would even think of maining a FE character, but Sakurai ya know.

D

Deleted member

Mains:

1.:4kirby:

2.:4pacman:

3.:4megaman:

4.:4falcon:

5.:4robinf:

In the end, I'll still enjoy using everyone, but whatever.:p

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I picked Little Mac and Greninja because I felt awesome playing as the both of them. Captain Falcon because I love his moveset from the previous games. (Where it says I main Ganondorf on my profile, I equally played as the Captain).

I like ninjas and I like punching things, what can I say?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Mains (at this point). Everybody below number one will not be focused on as much.

1. :4bowser:

2. :4charizard:

3. :4villager:

4. :4pacman:

5. :4lucina:

Secondaries include :4kirby:, :4dedede:, :4yoshi:, and :4greninja:.

Quite a wide array, though my top 2 share the common theme of heavyweight fire-breathers. Villager interested me from Day One, Pac-Man was pretty big, and I was decent with Marth in Melee and Brawl, but I realized I've never mained a female, so Lucina was my preferred choice. Plus, I kinda like her a lot.

Kirby and Yoshi have always been at least secondaries for me, I was decent with Dedede in Brawl when I wasn't rusty as hell, and Greninja really interests me and I think he'll be fun.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm happy with Lucina and all, but I'm still kind of curious as to what the interrobang was for in her introduction slide.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Mains (at this point). Everybody below number one will not be focused on as much.

1. :4bowser:

2. :4charizard:

3. :4villager:

4. :4pacman:

5. :4lucina:

Secondaries include :4kirby:, :4dedede:, :4yoshi:, and :4greninja:.

Quite a wide array, though my top 2 share the common theme of heavyweight fire-breathers. Villager interested me from Day One, Pac-Man was pretty big, and I was decent with Marth in Melee and Brawl, but I realized I've never mained a female, so Lucina was my preferred choice. Plus, I kinda like her a lot.

Kirby and Yoshi have always been at least secondaries for me, I was decent with Dedede in Brawl when I wasn't rusty as hell, and Greninja really interests me and I think he'll be fun.
"Mains" You have like, 25% of the cast in your pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom