• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleepy's Super Awesome Birthday Bash(Battleaxe Chronicles) September 18th, Durham, NC

lord karn

Smash Master
I had a lot of fun at this tournament.

Jim: you're really good with ganon. Good job. I couldn't deal with the pressure at the end.

Lozr: you're way more consistent than me

Sleepy: we finally got to play! Our one match where I was warmed up was really fun. Happy birthday

Vzakat: your roy is really good. It sucks we had adam and yay first round. We shouldn't have been seeded that low. Also sucks that pp got dqd into losers. Alas

Pp: you need to train me!!! And you need to learn to powershield. Thanks for teaming with me. It was fun. Its still funny that I convinced you lol. That was the funnest part.

Foxy: we did some **** stuff in teams.

Ct: that weight jacket is cool. If I can find a good deal I think I will get one soon.

Everyone else: I'm typing on my phone and don't feel like thinking of more people

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL @ RJ! You'll get em next time bro.

Sweet tourney and it was great to see most of you again. :bee:

SleepyK: Beast. And Happy Birthday. I figured out what I'm going to get you even it's madd late now. Thanks for letting me and my lil bro tag along for the ride. :)

Mariagoldenaxe(lol): Beast TO skillz, sista! I wish you started brawl earlier. Biglou almost had to to forfeit singles altogether. But I guess you had your reasons. It worked out pretty OK in the end. Thanks :)

Snap: I see you're doing some cool stuff with peach. Keep it up

Dr Pay pay: Playing you makes me realize how out dated my old school metagame is lol. good matches! Hope to play/chill with you soon.

Evergagging gay: Come down to more GA stuff. We miss you, dude.

Twitch: Good matches and you were the only person to 3 stock me in the tourney lol.

LozR: You had the best combo(that was on me) at the tourney. I can't wait for the vids to be uploaded :)

PLUR: We didn't play but we will soon and we will eat lots of cheesecake afterwards *Mike G head shake of approval*

DarkHart: Did't play you either but it was good seeing you :)

Darksyde: Good matches. Next time we need to switch places with the green. :)

Slasherking: Special thanks to you for housing us. Much respect and you're always welcome to stay at my place if you ever go to a GA tourney :)

DJ rome: Come to to6! =D

Cam: Didn't play you either but Nice play style with falco. :)

Crio: We def need to chill more next time :)

BEHR: I was looking for you after the tourney for friendlies but then i got sleep as hell lol. I'll be up there soon and we'll play then.

Smith: only one hug, no homo lol

GA: Biglou, RJ, lil bro: Beasts.

Special shout outs to Brown people!!!! The dude that supplied me with Vitamin Waters at the mall(even tho that **** was overpriced as ****) The revive flavor was too good and helped me perform alot better in matches even tho it's prolly all in my head LOL. And my Teammate Dop for beasting in teams and intense Peach ditto sex lol. Good too see you again bro :)

There are more people that I'm forgetting like that puff player/samus player/marth player whose name I can't remember. Still in sleep mode =/

BEHR

Smash Hero
Shoutouts.

Crio- You are the man. <3 and get me a copy of your book please.Any time you need money for the greens just tell me. :']

Brocean- You are mad cool we need to play.

Smith- The Green Lantern

Raggy- <3

Lucas- Sorry about teams. <3 we should play more next time and who was your partner btw?

PLUR- You are a good teammate. <3 bring cheesecake next time I see you.

Jim- Your Ganon is sick

Stingers- Im a better Teammate. >:[

Jawsh- You are too good we need to play more maybe we should team at a tourney or something?

Brian- Good stuff you are pretty good in singles.

Mike G- You are the Nicest guy ever and you should practice again I want to team with you at TO6. <3

SleepyK- Happy Birthday. <3 we didnt talk much or play,but next time we should.

Yay- Luhhh youuuu

Maria- Luhhh youuuu good job hosting If you need help any time just ask.

Kevin- Stop leaving. :/

Black Chris- We need to train all of Gboro and place

Tristate/Sneak- haha nice car trip.

Matt- Thanks for the ride and you are the man.

Mekos- Good **** in Brawl train me I play Peach.

Foxy- haha we need to play more prob next time where we arent high.

Fiz- Your sheik is so gay

$Mike- Where you at?

Mahone- Next tourney we at MM.

u

BEHR

Smash Hero
i was told pp didnt enter brawl, so how did he hold up brawl?
Cause Brawl Singles didnt start into after Melee so Maria could use all the setups.

Since he was holding up Melee Singles they couldnt start

he also hold up Brawl Dubs? I think he entered.

also I think he hold up Melee Low Tiers but im not sure

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Kevin - Good **** holding up the tournament lmao. Oh and LT Doubles I guess.

Crio - I had fun chilling with you, it was mad fun in and outside of the tournament building.

Yay - I'm the best.

Maria - So I definitely tamed your little Falco.

Behr - "They look like they wanna smoke with us? Are they *****es?"

Jim - Man you make every tournament ****ing boss.

Twitch - Get ***** by Moo

Zach - You ****ed Twitch

SleepyK - DAT *** ketchum

Mike G - I actually got a hug :bee:

dop - I just need two more.

Raggy - I fell. :(

Gofg - I want you to call me the second you start wearing shoes.

JMH - "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG"

Plur - Ylink is still better than mine. :colorful:

others - Hi.

Kevin held up Low Tier Doubles, too. We got a loss for him going to get Cam so we had to start out in Losers.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
It's funny, i mentions splitting the communities.

No one thinks it's right

then this happens

but it's ok because it's brawl and no one really cares.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sleepy - I bet that awesome southern accent was McPO.

Dam fo sho. I have no doubt since we all in rocky mount do it.

BEHR

Smash Hero
i wish i was clutch.

it would be nice to win when i have about a 2 stocks to 1 lead every once in a while.

but i'm just not good enough...:(
dont beat yourself up for it thats the worst thing you can do.

dont worry once its the weekend we will train.

:colorful:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
there's a difference between beating urself up, and knowing when you need t get better.

trust me, I have the proper mindset of these things. Now me and sneak can get to each other through the bus.

it's done.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
in response to Snap; as far as I can tell mlg does not have ruling on it at all. The only reason the game used to go to Bowser was because the the BBR v. 2.0 ruling. v.3.0 has overturned this ruling.

so.....I guess my argument isn't so invalid is it?
Yes it asbolutely is. If the tournament rule dictates that MLG ruleset is in effect then no other rules can be called into play.

PERIOD.

If you lose to a suicide move in Brawl you deserve to lose.

Anyone who disagrees is pathetic.

--------

This tournament was AMAZING.
but this^^

Anyway, shoutouts later. im mad tired STILL. cory and kadaj just left my place. but ill do a few good ones now.

Karn- thanks for playing brawl with me. it was really fun playing someone i havent played since i was bad haha.

Crio, thanks for teaming with me. Should have went ness more than just one game, it was fun. :D

Snap: I see you're doing some cool stuff with peach. Keep it up
Daw, thanks man. I really appericiate your help with FC nairs. im gonna practice that. Hopefully we can sit down and play at T06 or something? Id love to learn from you. actually, if your going to be at PP's soon i live pretty close by, id be willing to drive up and chill with you guys.

Dop- looking mad brown at this.

Cam- I ****ing love you

CT- ****ing mad bro status. dont let me forget i owe you that 4 bucks bby.

Yay- mad bro bro status, thanks for that meal. BABBBBBBBBY

Ilove, ive never seen someone that salty before.

lmao <3

Lucario- most fun ive had playing brawl Fair>fair>Nair> Aura Sphere. :')

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
melee
1) dr pay pay (balco and other chars)
2) evergagging gay (box balco)
3) Michael Gordon (beach)
4) Doop (Beach)
5) Mariabattleaxe (excellent TO skills)
5) l0zr (awesome southern accent)
7) Twitch (Wavebird)
7)
7)
9) Rangaha/RJ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9THBsHeODQ)
9)

Melee teams
1) pp yay
2) mike g dop

barlw teams
1) biglou + shadypenguin

barlw singles
1) biglou/Lounis (luigi and snake)
1) Kadaj (mk/snake/marth)

they split for 1st so GA's car could leave sooner.
kadaj was coming from loser's and biglou had 3-0'd him with snake in winner's finals
Why didn't sleepy enter? Or was he too drunk?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Fun tourney, guys, thanks to Maria for hosting it.

thanks to Ocean for being an awesome host

it was great meeting everyone else too (RJ, true darkness, plur, biglou, etc) and get some friendlies in.

your state is too **** good against falco :urg:. ggs all

Stockfield

Smash Champion
This really was a fun tourney.

Maria - thanks for hosting, much love to my cousin.

Ilove - Thanks for teaming. I will get that DDD next time.

Big Lou - your a really cool dude. I'll see you are Siege.

MN - nice meeting you man, keep working on that yellow rat.

Darkfire and Nexus - cool playing you guys, definitely gave to play some more next time.

Biden - wow dude definitely underestimated you, Good games.

Stingers - don't lose your cool next time, your a lot better than the place you got.

Shady - man we Both have to get Better at the DDD matchup, we got this.

I definitely didn't feel like playing after my loss to Ilove, which made me not really try at all on my next matches, no johns though whatever I will do better next time.

Mahone

Smash Champion
VA is ****. thanks for making the night before the tournament fun.
Thank you so much for housing us, we really appreciated it. Sorry i didn't get to show you as much jiggs stuff as i wanted, but trust me, with just a little practice your jiggs will start ******!

Drpp- It was fun playing you, im glad i got to play you in tourney so hopefully i can watch the vids and get better. Im kinda sad i didnt get to mm your mario, hopefully we can do it next time.

sleepyk- Thanks for recording and punishing my bad habits with crazy knees, and dont forget you promised to play me with your falco next time. And don't worry, i know you were just trying to have fun, but i didn't want you to have to basically pay to play me, so next time we can just do friendlies.

RJ- You are so fun to play, punished my bad habits better than anyone else at the tourney, can't wait to play you again.

lozr- It was really fun playing against you, I wish we could of played a third mm to break the tie, but we'll do it next time for sure.

yay- You seemed like a really cool guy, i really need to play you sometime

Mike g- You are too good at this game, first time i ever played a peach that good! You were also tons of fun to play, ggs.

Josh- It was fun not dqing you for being half an hour late and then 3 stocking your fox and falcon anyway while you complained about puff. My offer still stands, i will mm your puff with my falcon (or fox) for $1 anytime you want.

Maria- Thank you for hosting, it was a really fun tournament, and you made VA feel very welcome.

Everyone else- sorry for all the people who got angry after i beat them and threw their controllers or called me or jiggs gay, i wasn't trying to piss you off or play gay, but i am always willing to help you with the matchup so that you might find it less gay.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna continue this argument; I would just like to point out that the two people who commented on my post obviously didn't read it all (crio and snap). As far as I can tell (I have searched a lot) MLG has made no such ruling. And to Crio, why is that you should arbitrarily be given a loss to a suicide move. My post said that I was under the influence that a victory screen determined the winner. As such, bowser's suicide move does not give a victory screen. So I was not concerned looking out for it. I didn't even take that match seriously. Zelda works bowser to horribly to be trying. I was just trying fancy stuff because I know I can 3-stock most bowsers any day of the week. That's why I tried unneccesary spikes and teleport cancels. If I was worried about a bowser suicide move I would have kept the battle at the center of the stage and/or prevent him from getting in reach of me. But like I said I thought the ruling had changed and as such I wasn't worried about it. But back to snap, if MLG doesn't have a stated ruling on it and the game does not give it a victory screen, then what process would determines who wins? You don't actually need to answer; that was just a rhetorical question. Like I said, its a moot point and not worth arguing because the people on here don't even want to consider the argument. Just say stupid stuff like you deserve to lose to a suicide move (which I would agree with had I known that I would have lost to it).

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I know that!!!! But its not in MLG snap. I swear. You seem to ignore this. That is a BBR decision which was recently overturned by an updated version. That is why I was not concerned with bowser. On what basis can you give bowser the win if you yourself say that if its not in MLG then it cannot be used to determine a win?

lord karn

Smash Master
I actually think it's a dumb rule. I've always thought it should be the person with lower percent wins. That's how it should be with time-outs and sudden death of any kind.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
But the mlg referees would give bowser the win, so why does it matter? There doesnt need to be a ruling on it because its common ****ing sense. lol

seriously. the best way to get better about this stuff is to humble yourself and get over it.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
why would the referee give bowser the win; there seems to be no consensus on the issue. I was just mad that the complete tool used the move and as he was doing said in the most smug and ***hole manner, well this match is over. LIke he really thinks he's better than me and I whooped him in friendly's when I was actually serious.

I am not opposed to giving bowser the match but there needs to be clarification. You cannot say that MLG rules are in effect and not have all those things posted. Every ruleset I have read has the bowsercide and the ganoncide rule clearly posted. I assumed that BBR rules were in effect in regards to this.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Wasn't sandbagging, just wanted to try some stuff out in tourney that I don't usually get to practice.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
ill break it down for you.. if you get hit with a suicide move and die from it.. youre saying you it would go to a one stock 3 minute match on the same stage it happened on.. so if it was your cp it happened on you would actually be getting rewarded for being hit with a not hard to avoid move.. why the **** would you be rewarded in any way for getting hit with something like that

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
no, its MLG ruleset, if the mlg ruleset doesnt have a clear ruling on it, it goes to the person who initiates the move.

stop being so salty. You lost. get over it. and theres no need to call the guy a tool either.

ill break it down for you.. if you get hit with a suicide move and die from it.. youre saying you it would go to a one stock 3 minute match on the same stage it happened on.. so if it was your cp it happened on you would actually be getting rewarded for being hit with a not hard to avoid move.. why the **** would you be rewarded in any way for getting hit with something like that

This ^ basically, bowser and DDD and kirby and gannon have few viable kill moves.

DDD has a few i guess but bowser and gannon have none they are too slow to hit most people with anything.

These characters sometimes rely on there suicide moves to win, sometimes its all they have. You suggest hindering a character for personal gain. thats dumb

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
stop being so salty. You lost. get over it. and theres no need to call the guy a tool either.
That, right here is all that should be said in the end. :)

lol if you feel that way about him, Don't play Melee LOL

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
there's no need to act so cocky after doing a bs move on someone who was just having fun; like seriously there was no need for the way he acted which is why I am salty as it is; like even when I sent falco with him I saw that his lucario wasn't as good as it could be so I didn't even both going for a chain grab; I just played around with some stuff. He really pizzed me off with the way he acted. That sort of attitude makes me not even want to come to tourneys. It's not name calling. Its labeling a jerk when I see him for what he is.

Top Bottom