• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleepy's Super Awesome Birthday Bash(Battleaxe Chronicles) September 18th, Durham, NC

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
@new tier list: lol marth went from 2nd to 5th.... best range and priority in the game and ur 5th? funny ****.

ugh... people still don't know about Luigi... imo, he's > mario and pika

DK ****in sucks...

there should be a tier just for characters who have to only use bair one ****in move to win.

roy < g&w and ylink, gimme a break.

lol ness is negligable?

@bull**** mu discussion: jiggz ***** ICs.... it's like.... so ****ing obvious. not even close to even.

I'M RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING WHENEVER I SAY ANYTHING ALWAYS NO MATTER HOW MUCH I THINK BEFOREHAND

lmao... my roommate is ****** at reach and he is just like... so ****ing mean to kids online.... funniest thing ever god****it yay im excited.

dude **** ur tag.
Ganon has more range. Just saying. Also, range isn't enough to make a character amazing...it just helps a lot.

I love Luigi and he's amazing, but his recovery is really gimpable, CC Shine ***** him super hard, and Peach/Marth/Ganon are just...not good match ups. I personally think he's pretty decent vs IC's (no CG and he ***** Nana)/Sheik/Puff (except off the stage of course)/Falco (except on FD) though. Definitely my favorite low tier.

DK ****ing sucks...except Chris Knorr's. I used to rage when he'd throw -> Bair -> UpB gimp me. haha

G&W and Y Link are better than Roy, I think. Roy is deceptively decent sometimes though so I don't know.

Ness sucks, no matter how many silly DJC Uairs he can do to spacies that don't DI.

**** is a strong word, but I do think Jiggs does win.

Aren't you supposed to be busy with life and school stuff all week and not playing Reach? Isn't that why we aren't chilling tonight? :p

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
if you play luigi right the other guy shouldn't ever be able to move.

i didn't say ness is good, but i don't think he's as bad as bowser or pichu....

and i definitely said MY ROOMMATE. i don't have reach... i'm not even buying it until next week just so i don't distract myself from the **** i have to do. i just hear him **** talking kids from across the room, it's too damm funny.

next week fuh sho boi

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
top 5 payout would look better as 40/25/15/10/5/5 if it happened.
yeah I will do this

Hello, will anyone be doing anything Friday? (Before the tourney in Durham)
busy

that's what i mean

since it's for results (and for top 6 payment it can matter) it's official

and gives 4 more high-placing players a good set for pr's
They can play it out for PR results but still split the money

lmao... my roommate is ****** at reach and he is just like... so ****ing mean to kids online.... funniest thing ever god****it Yayim excited.

dude **** ur tag.
oh god, you two **** talking kids is going to be hilarious. This Friday, it is happening.
Also next week whenever you get your copy.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Top 8 playing out is good for PRs, but why does that have to affect the money again? Top 6 payout and then you can play for 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th if you want to without it affecting the money. I don't see why it has to factor in the money for it to be legit sets. You're playing for the number.

Also Jiggs ****s up ICs. Can't grab her lolol Nana dies lolol easy edgeguards lolol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
2 things:

This isn't a regional, but a fairly large local. Is it truly to the point already that top 5 payout matters?

If so, then I don't get why 1st gets less than 50%.

I don't really care if you want to call me out on it, but it doesn't make sense to me at first glance so I'm gonna ask anyway.

lord karn

Smash Master
I don't think we should play out unless money is involved. When you're playing in tournament money is on the line. Unless the money changes for the placements, then the stakes are not the same as they would be in tournament.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's still an incredibly serious environment that affects your overall placing in the tournament, so I don't see why the matches would be taken less seriously.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Yo, i agree with that kevin guy.

edit: but i agree with karn more. After a toruney ur mentally drained and tired, you have the mindset saying it's over. having to play AGAIN is pretty stupid to say the very least. Especially if it's just for "pride" or w/e the hell some idiot said.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

edit: but i agree with karn more. After a toruney ur mentally drained and tired, you have the mindset saying it's over. having to play AGAIN is pretty stupid to say the very least. Especially if it's just for "pride" or w/e the hell some idiot said.
Not if you go into the tourney knowing you're playing out for spots.

lord karn

Smash Master
It's still an incredibly serious environment that affects your overall placing in the tournament, so I don't see why the matches would be taken less seriously.
I'm not saying that some people take it less seriously, but I am saying that a lot do. I personally would take it more seriously, but probably not as seriously as tournament. There simply isn't as much on the line. Even if there is more on the line than there is in friendlies, it still is different from tournament.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
2 things:

This isn't a regional, but a fairly large local. Is it truly to the point already that top 5 payout matters?

If so, then I don't get why 1st gets less than 50%.

I don't really care if you want to call me out on it, but it doesn't make sense to me at first glance so I'm gonna ask anyway.
It's the same payout Tipped Off is using for top 5. What do you think it should be then? It's hard to pay 1st 50% and give the rest of the placing anything.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm not saying that some people take it less seriously, but I am saying that a lot do. I personally would take it more seriously, but probably not as seriously as tournament. There simply isn't as much on the line. Even if there is more on the line than there is in friendlies, it still is different from tournament.
Well it's not really possible to make people care more or less about their matches, it's important to get the lines well-defined on who placed where so that payouts and PRs can be done better.

lord karn

Smash Master
Well it's not really possible to make people care more or less about their matches, it's important to get the lines well-defined on who placed where so that payouts and PRs can be done better.
Yeah, we can't force people to try, but if we take into account different kinds of matches (and playoffs are definitely different than normal tournament matches) then the prs become less standardized.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's the same payout Tipped Off is using for top 5. What do you think it should be then? It's hard to pay 1st 50% and give the rest of the placing anything.
I think it should be top 3 until we break more people, honestly. When we have MORE MONEY to give out with 50%~ going to 1st, then there's more for everyone down the list. Top 3 is fine for this event unless we really get some obscene amount of people(which, though this event will be very big, shouldn't require a top 5 payout imo. if you're going to force me to give a # threshold then I guess I'll work on it).

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah, we can't force people to try, but if we take into account different kinds of matches (and playoffs are definitely different than normal tournament matches) then the prs become less standardized.
Are playoff matches really THAT different? Do they not also determine someone's overall placing in the tournament over someone else? Seems like, if anything, we'll get more valuable data(set counts, which we always need badly) that I believe is equally weighted with ordinary tournament sets.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I think it should be top 3 until we break more people, honestly. When we have MORE MONEY to give out with 50%~ going to 1st, then there's more for everyone down the list. Top 3 is fine for this event unless we really get some obscene amount of people(which, though this event will be very big, shouldn't require a top 5 payout imo. if you're going to force me to give a # threshold then I guess I'll work on it).
Well, it was never set in stone to be a top 5 payout, just in the event that it happened, we needed to have a payout set. I don't know what number to start a top 5 at, but I don't think it's possible to pay 50% and still have enough to pay out to the rest.

Also, if people don't want to try because there's no money on the line and just PR placing, I guess that's their fault lol. Would you hold it against me if I sandbagged for 3rd instead of playing seriously and getting 2nd or 1st? Would you be like, "well, if he cared..."

Nope, you'd be like "dat ***** got 3rd and that's what he gets" They know what they are in for when they get into those placings so if they don't want to try, tough squat.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, it was never set in stone to be a top 5 payout, just in the event that it happened, we needed to have a payout set. I don't know what number to start a top 5 at, but I don't think it's possible to pay 50% and still have enough to pay out to the rest.

Also, if people don't want to try because there's no money on the line and just PR placing, I guess that's their fault lol. Would you hold it against me if I sandbagged for 3rd instead of playing seriously and getting 2nd or 1st? Would you be like, "well, if he cared..."

Nope, you'd be like "dat ***** got 3rd and that's what he gets" They know what they are in for when they get into those placings so if they don't want to try, tough squat.
Eh I don't see what the big difference between 45% and 50% for first is, but if you say it matters that much then whatever bro. Just feels wrong to me.

Yes.

Yes.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Less paid to 1st place = more money being distributed to the top 5 = more motivation for the people who don't place top 3 every tourney to really try to get there.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wtf? there is like 40 confirmed... altogether. so thats prolly like 20 for both games, and y'all wanna pay top 5?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I think pay out should be top 3, put 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th should all be played out for PR reasons.

Edit: **** Kevin getting salty about $$ already, pulling an HBox at herb 3 lol

Mahone

Smash Champion

for some, pride is worth more than money...

Top Bottom