• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Pit for top tier confirmed(though atleast ZeRo thinks Pit should be high tier material).

Welcome to the Pit family, aka the superior family. You're allowed to eat as much food off the floor as you want.
:D Yay! :happysheep:

And I have played KI:U but I suck so...:drsad:

Also, don't cry for Pittoo.
Why not? Do you Pits have something against Edgy the Edgehog? :drshrug:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:D Yay! :happysheep:

And I have played KI:U but I suck so...:drsad:

Why not? Do you Pits have something against Edgy the Edgehog? :drshrug:
No, we just don't like the ones who think he's better cause he's dark and do the usual Electroshock spam. Also, it's okay to suck at Uprising, as long as you love it✌

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
No, we just don't like the ones who think he's better cause he's dark and do the usual Electroshock spam. Also, it's okay to suck at Uprising, as long as you love it✌
The game was really fun :happysheep:

Smh if only I was actually good at it and do 9.0 on all the chapters :(

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've cleared every single level on 9.0 intensity. I've even beaten Boss Battle Mode on hard. I was going to post a picture of that to Miiverse, but unfortunately for me, the day I beat that mode on hard was the same day that screenshots were disabled from the Miiverse community.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The game was really fun :happysheep:

Smh if only I was actually good at it and do 9.0 on all the chapters :(
Not everyone can do it, like me. Don't mean the game isn't challenging enough.

I've cleared every single level on 9.0 intensity. I've even beaten Boss Battle Mode on hard. I was going to post a picture of that to Miiverse, but unfortunately for me, the day I beat that mode on hard was the same day that screenshots were disabled from the Miiverse community.
You're not human, nor a hot spring. That's how you did it.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I've cleared every single level on 9.0 intensity. I've even beaten Boss Battle Mode on hard.
I've cleared every single level on 9.0 intensity.
I've even beaten Boss Battle Mode on hard.

Teach me...

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Even Pit can look like a total badass sometimes.
image.jpg

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
I know this is super late, but I've always thought the reason Pit can't fly is because he's too heavy. He's able to take quite a beating in Uprising; this combined with him being a middleweight in Smash makes me think he has solid bones. He can't fly simply because his body is just too heavy for his wings to lift.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I know this is super late, but I've always thought the reason Pit can't fly is because he's too heavy. He's able to take quite a beating in Uprising; this combined with him being a middleweight in Smash makes me think he has solid bones. He can't fly simply because his body is just too heavy for his wings to lift.
Or just that hi das is the original Icarus, which affected his wings by alot.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I suck at theories like this XD

Maybe it's not 'cause of his weight but his wings aren't strong enough to make him fly.

They're just REALLY weak (Edit: Oh, wait I just said the exact same thing XD See I can't do theories :p)

I think his weight would be normal for an angel

Unless he got fat from the ice cream

:4darkpit: is able to fly after he absorbed Pandora's powers and that didn't affect his weight

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I suck at theories like this XD

Maybe it's not 'cause of his weight but his wings aren't strong enough to make him fly.

They're just REALLY weak (Edit: Oh, wait I just said the exact same thing XD See I can't do theories :p)

I think his weight would be normal for an angel

Unless he got fat from the ice cream

:4darkpit: is able to fly after he absorbed Pandora's powers and that didn't affect his weight
To bad Pittoo can't fly by himself anymore. Imagine Pit's wings being able to fly by themselves, while Dark Pit has to stick with Viridi.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I've beaten BBH too, but that's before my data got corrupted. Still had a Lancer Staff gem around, thankfully. Ought to get around to rebeating it and doing those no damage chapters...

Also, found this:
I'm not even sure what it is that I like about Pit. Aside from the obvious fact that he's my favourite Nintendo character, as a fighter, something about him just resonates with me.

Possibly it's his composite design that features elements of a zoner (arrows), a spacer (tilts), an aerial ace (he can go deep off-stage for the kill like few others can) and a grappler (his grab game is phenomenal); possibly it's the fact that, owing to his relative lack of extreme strengths or weaknesses, he's a character that requires skill and understanding to play. He's exceptionally easy to pick up and play, yet mastering him takes a lot of patience: over half a year after the game's release and I'm still discovering new tricks with him. He can adapt to the opponent's playstyle as he needs to, he has a diverse range of combos to play around with, he keeps you on your toes.

And I love that. I love that Pit isn't a character you can just go ham with or that can win with intense cheese, he's a character that forces you to watch your opponent, he makes you understand how they play, how to react to their moves and how to think on the fly. He's rock-paper-scissors incarnate, always trying to find new tech, new tactics that will help you eke out a victory. With Pit, you very rarely win through brute force: he isn't Ganondorf or Bowser. When you win with Pit, you win by the skin of your teeth, by racking up damage and then going in for the kill. You play hard and you win hard. Pit is a perfect representation of his canon self: a tiny and tenacious warrior that can take on opponents much bigger and more intimidating than himself just through willpower and cunning alone. Pit makes you play to the best of your ability and he is all about the fundamentals. Pit is among the simplest and yet most ingenious characters in the game, and I love that.

He's the jack of all trades, master of none: often much better than simply the one.
:happysheep:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That was the most beautiful and truthfulthing I've ever read about Pit

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Good news is that I've discovered a way to cancel an aerial Arm's landing lag without a ledge.

Bad news is that I've discovered proper phantom lag.

I'll put it under the microscope tomorrow night... Actually feel like I can fall asleep for once.

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
That's cool. Can I ask what weapon you used for BBH if you remember? I cleared it no damage using a strong Flintlock Staff. I unfortunately have not been able to get a no damage run using Claws(my weapons of choice) mostly because they take longer to win each battle. I always get hit by either Dark Pit, Hades' Heart or the GST...

I've put so much time into KIU... And it's still my favorite 3ds game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's cool. Can I ask what weapon you used for BBH if you remember? I cleared it no damage using a strong Flintlock Staff. I unfortunately have not been able to get a no damage run using Claws(my weapons of choice) mostly because they take longer to win each battle. I always get hit by either Dark Pit, Hades' Heart or the GST...

Hades' heart is the worst boss ever. So freaking hard to hit

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
Hades' Heart is the most annoying to fight, but with a weapon that has Evasion+4 it's easier. Still annoying to get any hits on it so my max power Flintlock gets it done in a few hits if I'm far away.

Speed Boost

Smash Apprentice
What's good Skyworld Hub? I just found this thread and it looks pretty hype. I'm new to Smashboards but I've been a Pit main since 3DS release.

Any thoughts on how the Pits fair in the ROB MU? I seem to have just as much trouble with ROB as Rosalina. It may just be to general MU inexperience, but it was a struggle to get in, space or zone because of ROB's tool kit. Anyone more familiar with how this MU goes? I didn't try holding the Gyro to force an approach with Arrows at all, now that I'm thinking of it. Just tyring to catch it or pick it up and throw it didn't work that well for me. Has anyone had success with playing Gyro keep away?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What's good Skyworld Hub? I just found this thread and it looks pretty hype. I'm new to Smashboards but I've been a Pit main since 3DS release.

Any thoughts on how the Pits fair in the ROB MU? I seem to have just as much trouble with ROB as Rosalina. It may just be to general MU inexperience, but it was a struggle to get in, space or zone because of ROB's tool kit. Anyone more familiar with how this MU goes? I didn't try holding the Gyro to force an approach with Arrows at all, now that I'm thinking of it. Just tyring to catch it or pick it up and throw it didn't work that well for me. Has anyone had success with playing Gyro keep away?
You could check the matchup topic. Think it's still on ROB.

...Wait, didn't Xacer take it over? W-whelp.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I'm having a real hard time against Roy with Pit. It's like all his attacks are safe on shield which makes him harder to grab, and it's within grab range that he's most powerful! Whiffing on a grab is horrible against this character!

I don't have an issue with Marth or Lucina. Any tips?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm having a real hard time against Roy with Pit. It's like all his attacks are safe on shield which makes him harder to grab, and it's within grab range that he's most powerful! Whiffing on a grab is horrible against this character!

Roy is pretty much Marth/Licina just with a worse recovery and is strong. Use Pit lime he's fighting one of them, but don't let him hit a smash attack. PH1R3 VS FLOOR ICE CREAM

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517

I wouldn't say fight him as you fight Marth and Lucina.

with our crazy range we can destroy Roy, space him out and teach him to respect our space then if he changed his playstyle to shielding more often there you go your grab.

I think we have it in this matchup

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
It may be to do with Pit's Fox/Falco level voice acting in this game. He sounds like a nerd with a stuffed up nose :-(

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Do not fight Roy like you'd fight Marth or Lucina.

He is nothing like them.

You have to respect his strength, he can get up close and start smacking you around in the blink of an eye and his combo game is devastating.

You can't win with just muscle, either: you have to play judiciously and space him out.

The tough part is keeping him out at all, because he's so damn fast. His sword will make your life hell if he gets close to you, and Pit's toolkit is just not quick enough to push him back.

This is where grab comes in handy. Roy is fast and strong, but his moves are not safe on shield, which makes him grab-bait. This means you can soften him up and toss him over the edge, which is where the real fun begins.

Roy is great in the air when he's comfortably above the stage; when he's trying to get back, though, he's vulnerable. Pressure him with arrows and force him to either take the hit or airdodge, both of which will make it more difficult for him to make it back to terra firma. If you're very good at it, you can even force him to waste his jumps, which makes keeping him off-stage even easier.

Contrary to popular opinion, Roy does not have a terrible recovery. While the recovery itself isn't stellar, it can be angled vertically or horizontally, travels a good distance for his weight class and - this is the kicker - is invincible and can kill.

This means you do not challenge Roy when he's recovering. Pressure with arrows and even going deep can make it difficult for Roy, very difficult indeed, yet you must be very cautious of Blazer. It's Roy's secret weapon and he will use it to get you if you're not careful. Do recall that this applies to any stage of the match, not just off-stage, as it's a good recovery / OOS option and can royally screw you over if you're trying to challenge Roy, on-stage or off.

If he's edgeguarding us, then standard Marth / Lucina rules apply: he'll try to chase you off-stage with f-air or poke you with d-tilt, though there is the added hazard of Flare Blade to deal with. Flare Blade is incredibly easy to evade, so long as you don't try to challenge it. Roy will use this as a scare tactic rather than a real damage option, forcing you to either wait until it's worn out or approach from above, which is easy pickin's for Roy's solid anti-air options and punish game. You can try to challenge Flare Blade with a getup attack or rising u-air / retreating f-air, but do so with extreme caution. Remember that Flare Blade has no lag whatsoever, which means he can throw it out to cover the ledge and then immediately follow up to punish our approach. Get a feel for how Roy uses Flare Blade and then work to mix up your getup options.

Quick recap:

- Roy is faster than us and stronger than us, and he will pressure us as best he can
- Spacing works: f-tilt, f-air, d-air, b-air and d-tilt are your friend
- There's no point in trying to challenge Roy to a boxing match, you will get bodied for it
- Don't underestimate Roy's ability to recovery or his up-b's kill potential
- Flare Blade is a good edgeguarding tool - psychologically, if not physically
- Grab, grab, grab, grab and never stop dancing

Oh right, I entered an amateur tournament at a con today and came third. Very happy with that, and I got some very cool compliments on my Pit!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Nice to see you feeling well again, Wintropy. I'm, like, feeling pretty terrible, thank's for asking guys.

Although I haven't had an opportunity to try it against a very competent Roy, in theory Pit can shut down his aerial approaches with fairs. Roy's fair has tons of startup. You might even be able to react to the windup animation on it, it's that slow. Nair has almost no range and Bair is highly telegraphed and has loads of landing lag.

And Blazer isn't invincible. It has one frame of SA on the ground, and nothing in the air. Jumping past Roy and go for a bair stage spike if you want to go offstage that badly, but I know for a fact dair spikes can work.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The phantom lag off of the Arms turns out to be really simple. Normally, the special state they put you in after an aerial hit overrides the landing lag of your aerials, even if they AC. Airdodges too perhaps, but there's probably more lag on an airdodge then a Arm. Naturally updating the falling state with another Arm, the PoF, or a ledge grab removes the first state entirely.

But for the two specials without actual landing states, N and Fspecial, Pit's aerial state isn't updated and he doesn't immediately receive the lag penalty, and will continue to do so as long as you use either special before landing. This includes the "autocancel" frames the arrows have. As long as you don't interrupt the tail-end of the Nspecial animation with an aerial, basically.

We can use this to our advantage. Following up an Arm hit with an arrow then defusing the lag later, for example. Or hitting a shield then using an arrow to cover the landing.

Not a big thing no matter how you slice it, especially since getting hit updates the falling state I believe, but now you know where some random WTF lag came from and how to avoid it or activate safely.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You're right, Blazer isn't technically invincible beyond the super armour on startup, sorry for the hyperbole.

That said, it doesn't diminish the fact that it's a very good kill option and is very dangerous to challenge. We can go for a d-air spike, but it's very risky and Roy can aim Blazer's trajectory to intercept us if we challenge it.

On that note, Roy is very difficult to challenge, full stop. He can trade with most of our own moves and his rushdown capabilities are not to be underestimated. The only thing he really lacks is range, so it's very possible to keep him out with arrows and spacing tools (pivot f-tilt, retreating f-air, you know the drill) - you just have to stay a step ahead of him and make sure he doesn't catch you first.

Really, you can't underestimate Roy at all. He eats the unprepared and meek for breakfast and washes them down with a cold glass of tears and salt.

Incidentally, @ LancerStaff LancerStaff , care to tell us what's eating ya?

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
You're right, Blazer isn't technically invincible beyond the super armour on startup, sorry for the hyperbole.

That said, it doesn't diminish the fact that it's a very good kill option and is very dangerous to challenge. We can go for a d-air spike, but it's very risky and Roy can aim Blazer's trajectory to intercept us if we challenge it.

On that note, Roy is very difficult to challenge, full stop. He can trade with most of our own moves and his rushdown capabilities are not to be underestimated. The only thing he really lacks is range, so it's very possible to keep him out with arrows and spacing tools (pivot f-tilt, retreating f-air, you know the drill) - you just have to stay a step ahead of him and make sure he doesn't catch you first.

Really, you can't underestimate Roy at all. He eats the unprepared and meek for breakfast and washes them down with a cold glass of tears and salt.

Incidentally, @ LancerStaff LancerStaff , care to tell us what's eating ya?
Roy just lacks safe options. He really can't approach properly because shield beats everything besides grab, which isn't anything special. He's not that hard to keep out, and once you get in you have things like Dair chains or even Uair regrab combos to rack up damage quickly.

I'll say some more on the matchup soon. I'm going to go in-depth with priority on important moves of Roy vs (Dark) Pit when I get the chance. I told myself I'd finally do All-Star Hard as every character so I deleted Roy and co, heh.

Well, not as much botherin' me today. Yesterday was basically an all-day headache due to even more sleep depravity then usual. That's me saying I'd sleep for once on top of the page lolol. Today I have caffeine. I'm, like, buzzing. :bluejump: And my headache ain't so bad, either.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Roy just lacks safe options. He really can't approach properly because shield beats everything besides grab, which isn't anything special. He's not that hard to keep out, and once you get in you have things like Dair chains or even Uair regrab combos to rack up damage quickly.
I'm gonna have to dispute this. Roy can approach very well if he knows what he's doing, as a Roy that tries to go ham with smashes when you've got your shield up is not a very clever Roy. His grab is something special, it combos into virtually everything and means he's got free damage right off the bat. Have fun trying to DI out of a grab that throws you within range of his sweetspot.

Roy's safe options? Jab (which combos in f-smash), f-tilt (which combos into f-smash), f-tilt, retreating f-air, reverse b-air, grab (which combos into quite a few things), side-b, OOS options including Blazer and grab...

And just how much mileage do you think we can get out of combos like d-air and grab? Roy isn't a red-haired punching bag, he isn't going to just sit there and take it without fighting back. You seem to disregard the fact that Roy can challenge us anywhere, even in the air, and it only takes one solid hit from him to knock us down; by contrast, we need to consistently wall him out and make sure we never stop dancing to get that damage up.

That's all it takes: one move. One slip-up, one crack in our defence, one incorrect read, one good move is everything Roy needs to get on top of us. And when he's on top of us, he won't let up.

I'm curious as to what your point of reference for this matchup is. Not to deny your understanding, just that it feels like you're throwing out a lot of theory with very little to back it up.

I play the best Roy in my region near-daily and I can tell you it is not an easy matchup, or even one where we can afford to get complacent. It's not necessarily a difficult matchup, but you have to respect what he can do. I'm sensing a tone of flippancy in this thread and a lot of theorycrafting with nothing substantial to verify it, and that bothers me.

Roy is a rushdown fighter par excellence, he wants us to feel intimidated and get flustered. You underestimate Roy, you get it into your head that shield is a magical panacea to wall him out or that he can't approach us, you're gonna get stomped into the dirt.

Hard.

Well, not as much botherin' me today. Yesterday was basically an all-day headache due to even more sleep depravity then usual. That's me saying I'd sleep for once on top of the page lolol. Today I have caffeine. I'm, like, buzzing. :bluejump: And my headache ain't so bad, either.
Good to hear~ :3

Hm... After the news of Satoru Iwata's death, I'm just going to relax for the rest of the day. I honestly don't feel like doing anything right now.
I just got the news.

Rest in peace, Iwata-sensei, you will be missed.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I used a Scorpio Staff, though ideally, I would of used a Flintlock as well. But weapon fusing can be a real pain, so I settled for what I had.

I believe it has Standing Charged Shot +4, Shot Defense +3, and Range +2, and then something along the likes on Melee Combo -1.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
You know, when you really think about it, if Iwata wasn't around back then, Kid Icarus Uprising probably would of never happened.

He actually played a big part in its conception. He knew that Sakurai didn't want to just make another Smash game, so together they came up with a concept for a game that would switch between aerial and grounded combat.

So in a way...Iwata helped bring back both Pit and Palutena. RIP, my good man.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You know, when you really think about it, if Iwata wasn't around back then, Kid Icarus Uprising probably would of never happened.

He actually played a big part in its conception. He knew that Sakurai didn't want to just make another Smash game, so together they came up with a concept for a game that would switch between aerial and grounded combat.

So in a way...Iwata helped bring back both Pit and Palutena. RIP, my good man.

He played a huge part in pretty much everything. RIP Iwata, you'll be missed even by some haters.

Top Bottom