• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Welcome to the new Pit social thread, for all those holy goodie two shoe Angel mains to ralk amongst themselves.

Neo Zero

@jaeohjae was very kind enough to help me out and make these wonderful banners for both Pit and DP (incidentally, he also made Shulk's)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So this is the new hangout for Pit fans, then?

Time to relax in the hot springs and get hype for our fine feathered friend, in that case! ^_^

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Ohh! I really like the banner for this thread. Kudos to jaeohjae.

By the way I saw this cute gif of Pit spinning his Upperdash Arm.

I was gonna try to edit Palutena out of the gif, but that task is too difficult since I don't have a lot of skill in Photoshop.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So I found this and remembered that this is indeed a thing.

This is a Kid Icarus themed song parody I wrote, set to the tune of My Chemical Romance's "Welcome to the Black Parade". It's told from Pit's perspective as he and Palutena prepare themselves to enter the newest iteration of Smash and adequately sums up my feelings on having my two favourite Nintendo characters as playable fighters. I'm not sure if it's any good or if anybody particularly wants to know what I get up to in my spare time, much less what inspired me to write this nonsensical little ditty, but I'll leave it here nontheless and see if anybody cares to take a glance at it.

Bit of history to the piece: t was intended to be a skit I was going to perform at a local con. I was cosplaying Pit to the con and, at the time, this seemed like an amusing little thing to perform. The idea never came to pass (partially because it's too long and partially because I can't sing to save my life), but I'm still glad to recall the enjoyment I got out of writing it, and I'd like to think some folks here will get a wayward chuckle out of it, too.

Incidentally, the title of the piece is "Welcome to the Smashing Mains (We're Smashing On)".

Attachments

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm jealous of that banner. Someday I want something amazing like that with my creativity and all.

But yea. As we get closer to the game's release, I'm hoping to get used to the new Pit, who seem to be more aggressive due to the arrow nerfs, which actually isn't a bad thing, since he has many buffs in its place, and I hope he gets some attention as well. Oh well. I'm sure some of us will find some brilliant Pit combinations and tricks soon after the game's out, but for now, we can enjoy (or not enjoy) waiting for that time. For the customs from the NinjaLink vid, I'm not sure how I feel about em. The only custom I'd probably use is the slower, but more controllable arrows, good for gimping, I think.

Here's the vid for those curious.

I'll probably have my opinion on each specials in due time.
For now, let's enjoy the hot springs! :4pit:

Neo Zero

For both Pits I pretty much stick with the controllable arrows and that's it. Ill use the damage reflector if they don't have a projectile but otherwise that's it custom wise for me lol

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Pit in pretty pink is probably going to be my costume of choice. Nothing wrong with tearing apart my opponent with twin blades while looking soft and cuddly. It also helps that he has loose inspiration from Eros/Cupid.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Have to stay true to my gold angel that I've had for 6 years. I do admit that pink one is cute, but I worry it will become the new "dark costume" in terms of being used the most. It makes me sad that the red Pit probably won't be used much again.

As for my special loadout, I'd probably stick to all default except the Free Bow one. I'll decide on what to do with the Orbitars eventually though. Maybe Default most, experiment with the explosive ones on non-projectile users... unless the regular ones can be used to push some easy recoveries back, then I'll stick with that.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The red costume, that is the one I've actually used the most. I might retain it. But I do like the pink costume a lot, and the new black for the purple scarf. I might just stick with the red costume. In the end though, I just want to give Pit another chance.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I like white Pit, of course, but blue Pit is pretty wonderful too. I'll try out both of them as I see fit~

White and blue are my favourite colours. That's pretty great.

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
So I was playing Pit in All-Star and I noticed he has a dair spike. It's directly under him. Dark Pit has it too.

I'm sure somebody already got to that, but this place seems kinda quiet, so...

D

Deleted member

So I was playing Pit in All-Star and I noticed he has a dair spike. It's directly under him. Dark Pit has it too.

I'm sure somebody already got to that, but this place seems kinda quiet, so...
I've noticed that too, but I have trouble executing it.
I've also noticed that the Guardian Orbiters have some sort of wind effect that pushes attacks away. Also, I think it makes you briefly invincible? I'm unsure, but the Orbiters have saved me a couple of times.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I've noticed that too, but I have trouble executing it.
I've also noticed that the Guardian Orbiters have some sort of wind effect that pushes attacks away. Also, I think it makes you briefly invincible? I'm unsure, but the Orbiters have saved me a couple of times.
Orbitars block attacks and they have more of a "character push" instead. It's hard to describe, but it's basically not a windbox but you can treat it like one.

PF9

Smash Lord
So. I usually turn the in-game music off when playing Smash and play hard rock/metal. In that regard I like to associate certain songs with certain characters. So when I use Pit I sometimes play "Flight of Icarus" by Iron Maiden. That is a very fitting song.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
So. I usually turn the in-game music off when playing Smash and play hard rock/metal. In that regard I like to associate certain songs with certain characters. So when I use Pit I sometimes play "Flight of Icarus" by Iron Maiden. That is a very fitting song.
Funny you mention that, because I absolutely must be listening to the in game sounds when I play online. I know that a lot, if not most people listen to music when playing Smash, but I just feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage for some reason. Kind of like I feel less safe? Maybe I just lack the ability to multitask, haha :)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Funny you mention that, because I absolutely must be listening to the in game sounds when I play online. I know that a lot, if not most people listen to music when playing Smash, but I just feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage for some reason. Kind of like I feel less safe? Maybe I just lack the ability to multitask, haha :)
Hey, don't you know you can separately turn off the music in the SSB options? Now you can listen to the SFX and whatever music you want.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Hey, don't you know you can separately turn off the music in the SSB options? Now you can listen to the SFX and whatever music you want.
Huh, I did not know that. Still though, I have this weird thing were I feel so distracted if I listen to music and play any sort of online fighting game at the same time. Maybe it comes from my tf2 days; that game kind of needs your full attention to in game sounds. Old habits die hard I suppose :p

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Is Pit a character with a high(ish) learning curve? Not sure if he's difficult to master, or I just suck lol. Or maybe I'm just not used to him since he plays like a different character from Brawl.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Is Pit a character with a high(ish) learning curve? Not sure if he's difficult to master, or I just suck lol. Or maybe I'm just not used to him since he plays like a different character from Brawl.
He's pretty simple IMO. Pit has two major techniques right now:
Low shot: Quickly press down-forward when firing and straighten the shot out by pressing forward.
And the Easy Snap: When using your Uspecial, don't aim directly for the ledge if you're too close. Aim below it, and you'll slide up the side of the stage and grab the ledge. Even works on Omega stages like Ferox, Brinstar, and Flatzone 2.

After that, you just gotta practice shooting his arrows in odd situations and his moves in general.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Not in the slightest. He's very intuitive if you like balanced characters and has a wide variety of moves in his divine repertoire - play around with them and keep practicing until you find the abilities that you like best!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Okay, I guess more practice is all I really need. I just can't seem to get the hang of him. I also tend to be predictable when my opponent is at high percentage, because I refuse to KO them with a move other than the upperdash arm, lol. I can't wait till I actually get the game, so I don't have to play for a short amount of time, since I don't get much time to practice.

@ LancerStaff LancerStaff I sorta got the low shot down, but I don't understand the use for this (not trying to sound rude)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Okay, I guess more practice is all I really need. I just can't seem to get the hang of him. I also tend to be predictable when my opponent is at high percentage, because I refuse to KO them with a move other than the upperdash arm, lol. I can't wait till I actually get the game, so I don't have to play for a short amount of time, since I don't get much time to practice.

@ LancerStaff LancerStaff I sorta got the low shot down, but I don't understand the use for this (not trying to sound rude)
It's for hitting crouchers more consistently. For me at least, it's better then dropping the shot right on top of them.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Try using his smashes and tilts. They're surprisingly strong for such a cute little fella!

Upperdash Arm is great for interception and knocking opponents into the air for aerial follow-ups, but don't rely on it. Your opponent will figure it out very, very quickly and you'll suffer for it, so just be careful and try out some new things whenever you get the chance to.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Yeah, I'll be sure to. I didn't realize how good his tilts were until I accidentally KO'd someone with my side tilt.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The KI codecs have been confirmed! May the Pit love start flowing. <3

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Chrom in my Kid Icarus is the best fanfiction. 10/10, A+, would down taunt again.

...but seriously I'm going to down taunt as Pit so much now, omg.

EDIT: Wait. What happens if you down taunt as Pit....while fighting another Pit. Or Palutena. Awk.

Can't wait to see what they say about good ol' Pittoo.

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So hype for those codecs. I wonder if any other characters will make guest appearances like Chrom does. or if theres different ones for alternate costumes.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Anyone who's played Kid Icarus: Uprising knows there's literally no fourth wall in that game. So the new codecs won't seem as... odd as Snake's. I'm calling it the "Skype Call of the Gods"

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Hey dorks. Gonna be focusing on Pit and Duckhunt Dog when the Wii U version launches. Would be fun to beat the tar out of @ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit in some dittos. ^_^

/is back

Last edited:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I hope, though every character seems so different. I may stick with him as my main. Either way I'm sure I'll be here often trolling you lot. ^_^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hey dorks. Gonna be focusing on Pit and Duckhunt Dog when the Wii U version launches. Would be fun to beat the tar out of @ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit in some dittos. ^_^

/is back
My mood is still a loose cannon like it was before, maybe even more. I'd appreciate no attempt of antagonizing me for this generation.
And I'm more loyal to Palutena now.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I wouldn't worry about having to switch mains, although you'll basically have to relearn him because just about every move has been repurposed. To me, he feels similar enough to the old him.

Top Bottom