• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

D

Deleted member

I play online 1v1 for glory all the time and basically never see pit. I see lots of little macs, rosalinas and falcosbut I never see pit. Is there something that makes people not want to main him? I see a lot of Pit mains on here but for some reason never online. Could someone please explain why?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Dark Pit got all the street cred with the cool kids.

There's nothing to set him apart from other character in the context of For Glory. He doesn't have Little Mac's affinity for even terrain, Rosaluma's ability to wall out the opponent across the open space or Captain Falcon's...Falconness. I guess his balanced playstyle just doesn't suit a lot of people.

As I say, though, I see a lot more Dark Pit than I do Pit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've only seen 3 Pit mains and 1 Pittoo main. Nairo plays both, but plays Pittoo more because of his victory theme(that's the only reason).

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
I rarely see Pit or DP on FG. Typically I see Pit after winning against someone as DP and they think switching to Pit will make them magically win when he's not their main.

I have seen 1 very good Pit main online, and I was destroyed every match except two out of at least 15. I've seen more DP players, but I've also only seen 1 good one, and they were nowhere near the level of that one Pit player.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
No Pits in for glory at all

one DP and he wasn't good.

online, I know you guys and Nairo/Earth

not many play Pit. but I'm kinda comfortable with that

D

Deleted member

Why dont people like to play him though? In my opinion he is one of the better upper class balanced type of character that is rather easier to use. Is it his design that people hate?

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
Why dont people like to play him though? In my opinion he is one of the better upper class balanced type of character that is rather easier to use. Is it his design that people hate?
It's not that people hate his design, but rather there's nothing in his disposal that sticks out enough for people to try him out. In a nutshell, he's a jack of all trades character; he has the tools for most situations, but doesn't excel at anything in particular.

For example, the reason why you see Captain Falcons running rampant is because he's fast, has relatively high damage output, and easy to use. Pit on the other hand takes a bit of practice to use correctly and the amount of damage he dishes out, comparatively speaking, isn't all that impressive.

Regardless, he's still one of my favorite to play as. I kinda like the fact that barely anyone plays him since it tends to catch people off guard. :laugh:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Attention All of Skyworld!

There's a new Conquest: June 5th till June 12th!
Series Showdown Part 2!
Kirby vs Kid Icarus vs Guest Stars!

We have the Kirby characters :4kirby: :4dedede: :4metaknight:, I don't need to remind anyone how many players consider these the best characters in the game
And we have the Guest characters: :4sonic: :4megaman: :4pacman:, easily the most hyped characters in the game! Even players that suck will gravitate toward and pick these characters out of sheer happiness to see them in Smash.

And this is where we come in! :4pit: :4palutena: :4darkpit: The odds are stacked against us, but Pit and Palutena have never given up in a time like this, and neither has Dark Pit!

Your mission is simple: Go Online into With Anyone, pick For Fun or For Glory, whichever your preference, pick Pit, Palutena, or Dark Pit, when the match starts, check if it contributes to a Conquest and rack up the KOs!
Even if you lose, you'll still contribute 1 very appreciated point!

And even afterwards, destroy any Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Sonic, Mega Man or Pac Man you come across! You don't know who's fighting their conquest at that moment and we can't take any chances.

Also, do your part, every fight you're in for the coming week, be nice to any Pit, Palutena or even Dark Pit you meet, they may very likely be on our side.

For Palutena! :4pit:
For Viridi! :4darkpit:
For the Kid Icarus series! :4palutena:
All Troops, Move Out!!
I just want to point out the :4darkpit: only works with Viridi, he doesn't serve her. Like a mercenary.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
No one beats Lon'qu (except girls). Also, Lon'qu isn't a mercenary.
Well, he's not mercenary class, at least. He's foreign to both Regna Ferox and Ylisse, so it could be speculated that he his a mercenary(as in, soldier for hire), even though it's never flat out stated.

I haven't played most Fire Emblem games, but in Sacred Stones, at least, both of the playable myrmidons are stated to be mercenaries.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, he's not mercenary class, at least. He's foreign to both Regna Ferox and Ylisse, so it could be speculated that he his a mercenary(as in, soldier for hire), even though it's never flat out stated.

I haven't played most Fire Emblem games, but in Sacred Stones, at least, both of the playable myrmidons are stated to be mercenaries.
He's pretty darn loyal to Basilio for a mercenary...

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Across FG there's not many Pit mains, as shown above. However, you'll probably have an easier time finding Dark Pits.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I have him put in the mercenary class, so I'm going by that(he dies a bit to much without Gregor or Tharja)

Pale Tuna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sdarian
I can only remember fighting 1 Pit on the 3DS version when I used to play FG. Not sure why people seldom use him since he is a very good character. Plus, he is an "anime" character so I would have liked to assume that he was uber popular within that crowd, kinda like how the Fire Emblem cast is.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can only remember fighting 1 Pit on the 3DS version when I used to play FG. Not sure why people seldom use him since he is a very good character. Plus, he is an "anime" character so I would have liked to assume that he was uber popular within that crowd, kinda like how the Fire Emblem cast is.
I'd say he's more like an Avatar character, half anime and half cartoon.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

No, he just serves who every is in charge. He doesn't work for the money.

I have him put in the mercenary class, so I'm going by that(he dies a bit to much without Gregor or Tharja)
I don't think Lon'qu can become a mercenary (though I can't really remember)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't think Lon'qu can become a mercenary (though I can't really remember)
I accidentally did, and hated it. He'd die/be defeated after 1 round. Obviously Lon'quote needs lessons from Dark Pit(and make Pit and Lucina be friends while they're at it).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I accidentally did, and hated it. He'd die/be defeated after 1 round. Obviously Lon'quote needs lessons from Dark Pit(and make Pit and Lucina be friends while they're at it).
Actually, it is the other way around, seeing as Pitty Pat keeps beating poor little Pitoo

Also, git gud :upsidedown: jk

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Ganondorf got nothing on Hades. That goes for every Nintendo villian(only to make Kratos feel good about himself).
I'd place Super Dimentio in his tier of glorious trolliness. Also KI Hades wrecks the GOW-verse.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually, it is the other way around, seeing as Pitty Pat keeps beating poor little Pitoo

Also, git gud :upsidedown: jk
Pit can teach Lon'qu and be with Lucina at the same time. Pittoo can't do anything anymore.
I'd place Super Dimentio in his tier of glorious trolliness. Also KI Hades wrecks the GOW-verse.
All gods in GOW are weak anyways.

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
Now let's hope they'll re-stock some Robin Amiibos...Good Agnostic Christ, Ninty really needs to work the Amiibo thing out.
I'm going through pretty much the same thing with Palutena and Pittoo atm. Unfortunately, they might be store exclusives :'(

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't see what Pit could possible teach Lon'qu. His a good swordsman, but his no Link.
Pit can teach him how to not be a cheater like Link, and to use weapons that aren't just swords(aswell as speaking normally and helping him with girls, if not married to someone like Tharja).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Pit can teach him how to not be a cheater like Link, and to use weapons that aren't just swords(aswell as speaking normally and helping him with girls, if not married to someone like Tharja).
You can't blame Link for think outside the box. Besides, Pit was also using weapons that aren't just swords (also, he can fly)

Wait, Pit give girl advices

*laughs*

OH, MY SIDES!!! :joyful:.

Though you do have a point about Tharja

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
tfw when you had two pit amiibos

I gave one away, of course. I have what I need with that. :3

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You can't blame Link for think outside the box. Besides, Pit was also using weapons that aren't just swords (also, he can fly)

Wait, Pit give girl advices

*laughs*

OH, MY SIDES!!! :joyful:.

Though you do have a point about Tharja
Link needs to learn how to not think outside the box, he should follow the Smash rules(his stubbornness is probably why he's consider low teir).
Tharja is a crazy woman(stalks both Robins and uses magin on he child), but she's still pretty hot honestly.
Pit's lesson in getting girls no.1-DON'T give women food off the floor on the first date, unless they're a young eye lazer shooting android/robot girl version of yourself.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Link needs to learn how to not think outside the box, he should follow the Smash rules(his stubbornness is probably why he's consider low teir).
Tharja is a crazy woman(stalks both Robins and uses magin on he child), but she's still pretty hot honestly.
Pit's lesson in getting girls no.1-DON'T give women food off the floor on the first date, unless they're a young eye lazer shooting android/robot girl version of yourself.
Well that's some backwards advice there. Hey, Link ain't now low tier, not if you know how to play him.
Tell me about. I'm getting chills just think about it.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA, GODS, PLEASE. STOP. YOU'RE KILLING ME :joyful:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well that's some backwards advice there. Hey, Link ain't now low tier, not if you know how to play him.
Tell me about. I'm getting chills just think about it.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA, GODS, PLEASE. STOP. YOU'RE KILLING ME :joyful:
I'm going buy some of the tier list I've seen lately, and my somewhat hatred for Link in Smash 4(maybe because I'm sick of Twilight Princess and For Glory). The big boob lady in Fire Emblem IF seems hotter tough(ignoring the boobs of course).
Pit's most important rule of all, don't date someone who looks like or is an 8 year old girl, someone who tried to kill your goddest, or someone who flirts with you to much because it make you blush.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm going buy some of the tier list I've seen lately, and my somewhat hatred for Link in Smash 4(maybe because I'm sick of Twilight Princess and For Glory). The big boob lady in Fire Emblem IF seems hotter tough(ignoring the boobs of course).
Pit's most important rule of all, don't date someone who looks like or is an 8 year old girl, someone who tried to kill your goddest, or someone who flirts with you to much because it make you blush.
Aw, that's sad to hear. I don't mind TP, not my fav Zelda game, but it was still fun. Also, are you just bad at the Link MU or are some of the Link's you verse in For Glory spam people who don't actually know how to play Link?
Oh Naga, not her!
*On the floor paralysed in laughter*
PLEASE, I BEG YOU. STOP

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Aw, that's sad to hear. I don't mind TP, not my fav Zelda game, but it was still fun. Also, are you just bad at the Link MU or are some of the Link's you verse in For Glory spam people who don't actually know how to play Link?
Oh Naga, not her!
*On the floor paralysed in laughter*
PLEASE, I BEG YOU. STOP
I've mostly gotten for glory Links which is annoying, and the ones that are good I still beat(with Pit and Mario). It seems Twilight Princess has been getting more love than games like Wind Waker(my favorite) and Skyward Sword. She seems like the type of girl who's shy/scared sometimes when you decide on something, and a woman who like seducing others with the power of boobs(unlike Palutena).
Pit's final rule- Never feed someone melted floor ice cream from the floor cause problems, and don't choose any girl not named Palutena or is a royalty, unless you want to have your wings barbecued with some fries and a coke.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just like with the Marth restocks, I'm sure this'll fix everything.

I don't have any faith in Nintendo's ability to handle amiibos anymore.
Maybe Nintendo will get it right, since the Wii series makes them tons of money and Kid Icarus has been used/hidden in other games besides Smash.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So, Splatoon is fun. Ain't no KIU, but it made me forget about Smash for a week and a half. :bluejump:

My biggest problem with it is that it feels overbalanced. Unlike KIU where you had Staves ment for traditional sniping, one that's fast but weaker, one for long-ranged cont. fire, one for mid-range dash cont. fire, one that fires powerful but slow shots, and one with gimmicky long-distance barrier shots, you have a Charger (also a sniping weapon) with short range but is good at covering ground, one that's long-range and not as good at covering ground, and something in-between. There's just so little variety in weapon choice.

Skills are mostly weak too. There's four great ones, Ink Resistance and Stealth Jump for shoes only, and Ninja Squid and Cold-Blooded for shirts only. There's some other equipment exclusive skills but they're pretty underwhelming. For generic skills there's really only a few to consider outside of neche setups, and they're Ink Saver, Swim Speed Up, Special Charge Up, Quick Jump, and Ink Recovery. It's not going to be like KIU where every weapon has a unique optimal modifier set, everybody is just going to run whatever's best, and due to how the equipment system works there's no skill involved in getting good gear. You literally just play with somebody who had good gear, order it, pray it comes over exactly the way it was, and pay a butload of money for it.

As far as the actual gameplay goes, it's pretty fun. Doesn't feel like there's as much strategy though, just shoot stuff to win. It's set up in a way that if you use your weapon more smartly then your opponents (rather then actually out-thinking them) and don't end up on a team consisting solely of that weapon you'll come out on top. The alternate game modes require slightly more co-operation but nothing that impressive.

It's probably going to replace MK8 as my go-to kinda mindlessly play game, but it's skill cap is probably too low for it to be something worth putting tons of effort into like I do in Smash or MMZ.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So, Splatoon is fun. Ain't no KIU, but it made me forget about Smash for a week and a half. :bluejump:

My biggest problem with it is that it feels overbalanced. Unlike KIU where you had Staves ment for traditional sniping, one that's fast but weaker, one for long-ranged cont. fire, one for mid-range dash cont. fire, one that fires powerful but slow shots, and one with gimmicky long-distance barrier shots, you have a Charger (also a sniping weapon) with short range but is good at covering ground, one that's long-range and not as good at covering ground, and something in-between. There's just so little variety in weapon choice.

Skills are mostly weak too. There's four great ones, Ink Resistance and Stealth Jump for shoes only, and Ninja Squid and Cold-Blooded for shirts only. There's some other equipment exclusive skills but they're pretty underwhelming. For generic skills there's really only a few to consider outside of neche setups, and they're Ink Saver, Swim Speed Up, Special Charge Up, Quick Jump, and Ink Recovery. It's not going to be like KIU where every weapon has a unique optimal modifier set, everybody is just going to run whatever's best, and due to how the equipment system works there's no skill involved in getting good gear. You literally just play with somebody who had good gear, order it, pray it comes over exactly the way it was, and pay a butload of money for it.

As far as the actual gameplay goes, it's pretty fun. Doesn't feel like there's as much strategy though, just shoot stuff to win. It's set up in a way that if you use your weapon more smartly then your opponents (rather then actually out-thinking them) and don't end up on a team consisting solely of that weapon you'll come out on top. The alternate game modes require slightly more co-operation but nothing that impressive.

It's probably going to replace MK8 as my go-to kinda mindlessly play game, but it's skill cap is probably too low for it to be something worth putting tons of effort into like I do in Smash or MMZ.
Splatoon will probably have tournaments like Smash and Pokémon(don't know about MarioKart).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I've mostly gotten for glory Links which is annoying, and the ones that are good I still beat(with Pit and Mario). It seems Twilight Princess has been getting more love than games like Wind Waker(my favorite) and Skyward Sword. She seems like the type of girl who's shy/scared sometimes when you decide on something, and a woman who like seducing others with the power of boobs(unlike Palutena).
Pit's final rule- Never feed someone melted floor ice cream from the floor cause problems, and don't choose any girl not named Palutena or is a royalty, unless you want to have your wings barbecued with some fries and a coke.
Link can be an annoying character to deal with. trust me on this. I am a Zelda fan and Link main.
To be honest, I absolutely LOVE SS. Much more than TP. I don't now what it is that makes me love SS so (Fi has a lot to do with it), but when every I play it, I always have and absolute blast, while TP is more like 'Eh, not bad'
Speaking of the boob lady
*Dies of laughter*

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Link can be an annoying character to deal with. trust me on this. I am a Zelda fan and Link main.
To be honest, I absolutely LOVE SS. Much more than TP. I don't now what it is that makes me love SS so (Fi has a lot to do with it), but when every I play it, I always have and absolute blast, while TP is more like 'Eh, not bad'
Speaking of the boob lady
*Dies of laughter*
I main Toon Link, and he, like Link, need some players who can actually play them without spamming. If Hyrule Warriors come out on 3DS this year, I'd probably play Fi(so adorable) after Sheik, Zelda, and Young Link(Tetra will be to if Toon Link doesn't end up in the game). Some people aren't good parents, but this one deserves an award for letting their child watch that trailer(even IF they stop at boobs).

Top Bottom