• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wait, Pit's background story or BITF
Brawl in the Family, though I also cant wait for something Kid Icarus related.
The big problem with this is that the Kid Icarus world is almost nothing like the Greek myths everything was named after.

Pandora and Medusa were never goddesses, Hades wasn't so corrupt, and there was no Palutena, Viridi, or Phyron in the Greek myths. The game was probably just named "Kid Icarus" in reference to Greek myths. I don't think there is anything deeper to it then that, especially considering how simplistic NES game plots generally were.
If there's a sequel, Pit could have something more emotional than almost losing Palutena happen. His father could've been corrupted by the Underworld or something else.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If there's a sequel, Pit could have something more emotional than almost losing Palutena happen. His father could've been corrupted by the Underworld or something else.
Or

We find out Palutena is Pit Mum.

or Sister

Or Medusa is Pit's Mum.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Or

We find out Palutena is Pit Mum.

or Sister

Or Medusa is Pit's Mum.
I always think of :4palutena: as :4pit:'s godmother, being friends with his mother(before she "died" and give Pit to her). Maybe Pit's dad killed her and became corrupt, explaining why Palutena instantly said no to the Icarus question.:4darkpit: would probably be jealous for not having real parents.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I always think of :4palutena: as :4pit:'s godmother, being friends with his mother(before she "died" and give Pit to her). Maybe Pit's dad killed her and became corrupt, explaining why Palutena instantly said no to the Icarus question.:4darkpit: would probably be jealous for not having real parents.
Hm, makes sense. Good theory man

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The big problem with this is that the Kid Icarus world is almost nothing like the Greek myths everything was named after.

Pandora and Medusa were never goddesses, Hades wasn't so corrupt, and there was no Palutena, Viridi, or Phyron in the Greek myths. The game was probably just named "Kid Icarus" in reference to Greek myths. I don't think there is anything deeper to it then that, especially considering how simplistic NES game plots generally were.
To be fair, Palutena's name is a corruption of Pallas Athena, which was Athena's full title. There's at least some overlap there.

I always think of :4palutena: as :4pit:'s godmother, beng friends with his mother(before she "died" and give Pit to her). Maybe Pit's dad killed her and became corrupt, explaining why Palutena instantly said no to the Icarus question.:4darkpit: would probably be jealous for not having real parents.
He still gets invited to the Christmas Day parties, of course.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Thanks. I've been thinking about this since I got Uprising and the Palutena Guidances in Smash.
No problem man.

I have a feeling they wouldn't make Pit and Palutena related just so the Pit x Palutena ship stays afloat. But I've seen ships survive worse blah-harg.
I have no idea how to respond to this

At least Pit knows how to take care of a gift(weapon or not).
Well, we all know the best gift to give to Pit

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
[quote="Unknown Hero, post: 19239327,Well, we all know the best gift to give to Pit
[/quote]
GIves us all health.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What are some good Out of Shield options for Pit?
Well, just about anything. Basically every move he has either makes big hitboxes or comes outs fast.

One people tend to overlook is Dair. If they throw out another grounded attack they'll miss, if they try to react to it they'll likely going to get nailed no matter what, and if they decide to do a defensive action there's really not much they can do about it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We're getting closer to E3. Sooner or later Nintendo will announce something related to KI'd Icarus.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Guys, it's only been around 3 years since Uprising came out. We've got another 20 or so more years to go before we can start expecting Kid Icarus news again.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I mean, I'm going to hope for it, but I don't think it'd happen so soon. KIU started development right after Brawl, and it took quite a few years to be announced. Been a lot less since KIU came out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean, I'm going to hope for it, but I don't think it'd happen so soon. KIU started development right after Brawl, and it took quite a few years to be announced. Been a lot less since KIU came out.
If it happens this year, no fan will survive the possible war of Skyworld and The Forces of Nature.

Just replayed Uprising chapter 18-21, and it's still sad.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pit sometimes feels quite good to me, sometimes it takes me a bit while to feel that he's effective, though.

But I might always keep being sad about his arrows in particular. Though charging seems to help with boosting the accuracy for me.

ATM though, he's quite balanced, really. The good players bring the best of him, IMO.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yeah, don't really appreciate the air mobility nerfs either, but it really had to be done. Otherwise half the matchups would be circle camping the main platform again...

Yong Dekonk

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Dair needs more hitstun or knockback. I can't tell you how many times I've hit someone with it only to be punished because the move is so weak.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I feel like Dair needs more hitstun or knockback. I can't tell you how many times I've hit someone with it only to be punished because the move is so weak.
Actually it combos into itself at less then 50% I'd say. What's probably happening is that you're getting the spike on grounded opponents before the ground bounce kicks in, and that results in a fast hitstun animation and can lead to people punishing it. Just don't try and spike grounded opponents before the ground bounce and you'll be fine.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Out of all the buffs I want to give to Pit, I think the buff he needs the most is an improved hitbox size on his Usmash. I mean it. It's so freaking hard to hit small character (near impossible) on the ground. Even big characters are hard to hit with it.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Out of all the buffs I want to give to Pit, I think the buff he needs the most is an improved hitbox size on his Usmash. I mean it. It's so freaking hard to hit small character (near impossible) on the ground. Even big characters are hard to hit with it.
Hm, that's probably another case of intentionally being "bad" for balance. It's strictly for KOing opponents above you and early combo stuff. If you want something that hits above and up front you have Utilt, and if you're trying to hit both sides you should Dsmash. They tried pretty hard to make all of Pit's moves useful, and they did a pretty good job asides from Bthrow.

The hitbox not matching the slash effect behind him is still silly though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Weren't you just in the SSB4 social?

Eh, I'll spill it. Using 'em in Yoshi's Woolly World unlocks custom Yoshi patterns. All the SSB amiibo that aren't from Pokemon do.

Going to have to play Mellow Mode with Pit for the wings. :bluejump:
Pokemon gets the short end of the stick again? Will there amiibo ever see any use outside of Smash? Stupid second-party rights.
Ah well, at least I get to use my Pit for something other then a SNES game demo.

Still, a costume isn't much. I'm hoping for Nintendo to make some Disney Infinity/Skylanders equivalent so I can actually put my already-too-big list of amiibo to use.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hm, that's probably another case of intentionally being "bad" for balance. It's strictly for KOing opponents above you and early combo stuff. If you want something that hits above and up front you have Utilt, and if you're trying to hit both sides you should Dsmash. They tried pretty hard to make all of Pit's moves useful, and they did a pretty good job asides from Bthrow.

The hitbox not matching the slash effect behind him is still silly though.
Still, nearly all other characters Usmash can hit grounded as well as their Utilts. Though speaking of Pit's Dsmash, they really need to fix up the first hit. Either can the angle to a much more horizontal or vertical angle and/or improve the knockback.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Still, nearly all other characters Usmash can hit grounded as well as their Utilts. Though speaking of Pit's Dsmash, they really need to fix up the first hit. Either can the angle to a much more horizontal or vertical angle and/or improve the knockback.
There is no way a move as safe as Pit's dsmash should be lethal in any way uncharged. Also most alternating dsmashes
are weaker in the front.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
There is no way a move as safe as Pit's dsmash should be lethal in any way uncharged. Also most alternating dsmashes
are weaker in the front.
That is mostly true, but they all still kill a lot early than Pit's does near the edge. Pit's first hit Dsmash can't kill until above 150% on most characters I believe. The only other character that is close to that is Sonic's now nerf front dsmash.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pokemon gets the short end of the stick again? Will there amiibo ever see any use outside of Smash? Stupid second-party rights.
Ah well, at least I get to use my Pit for something other then a SNES game demo.

Still, a costume isn't much. I'm hoping for Nintendo to make some Disney Infinity/Skylanders equivalent so I can actually put my already-too-big list of amiibo to use.
At least you have an amiibo. They literally sell out at my gamestop within 10 minutes. One day Pit, one day.

Top Bottom